Find ideas for hardware or accessory improvements or hardware ideas

Make flight stick available for Xbox One

I'm actually quite surprised that there is still no flight stick available for XBox One. The console is 1,5 years on the market now ... and now that Elite Dangerous is approaching it becomes even more important to deliver adequate equipment.

741 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Ace the HazeAce the Haze shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

103 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • GoGatorsJoeGoGatorsJoe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Cronusmax device allows you to use an xbox360 flight stick on xbox one (and PS3,PS4). It is highly programmable and people use it to play Elite Dangerous.

• JayStrkJayStrk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's actually pretty ridiculous that Microsoft hasn't released a flight stick yet. the 360 had one.

• N3WJOSHN3WJOSH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please. I play Elite Dangerous and quite happy doing it so on Xbox one BUT, I would like to have the chance to use a flight stick. Also, I do fantasize about the possibility of having some kind of VR support for Elite when Scorpio is out.

I know there is the PC version where both of the problems would be easily solved but that would require extra investment (game + periodic expansions), plus having to start all over again from zero - not something I would like to do.

An alternative could be making this game part of the PLAY ANYWHERE program. This way we could access those periferals on PC without the troubles of extra purchases mentioned above and having crossplay/crosssave features included.

Maybe one day.

• gto3440gto3440 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

with elite dangerous already available and the new ace combat coming to x1 this only makes sense

• MrSchmoMrSchmo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't understand why they don't have one or don't let us use a PC flight stick. Whats the hold up? I don't want to see the excuse that there aren't enough flight games. Not having a flight stick option would hold me back as a developer. Why make a great flight game and not have a flight stick to use it with?

Also, tons of games have flight elements in them, like GTA V for example.

Please, a flight stick is need for Elite Dangerous and Ace Combat. Either made one, or let us use PC enabled flight sticks. Been too long.

• happykydxhappykydx commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please add my vote to this thread that should not exist, have no words for the fact that there is no joystick support for XB1 for all this time but now with Sony announcing for PS4 it is becoming a joke, I have been a staunch Microsoft supporter but this is likely to be the final straw

• MagicPhoneAppsMagicPhoneApps commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just announced today at PAX. Elite Dangerous on PS4 will have HOSTAS support!

Come on Xbox, get in the GAME!

• VraxuleVraxule commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It doesn't make business sense to not offer a flight stick / joystick peripheral for the Xbox One S. I am very disappointed and now wish I had gone with my original thought of waiting for and buying the Playstation 4 Pro. I like the HOTAS Flight Stick from Logitech and it works on the PS4.

• OBIJ3FFOBIJ3FF commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There have been only two games for the Xbox 360 that have produced Flight sticks. Ace Combat 6 & Tom Clancy's HAWKs. It would be nice if Xbox One came out with there very own Flight Stick & Throttle Controller. The Racing games get Wheels & Peddles why should this be any different.

• Quest MBLQuest MBL commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We absolutely need a flight stick. Either make one available or enable the Xbox 360 Flight sticks to work. Lets make Xbox 360 peripherals available (backward compatible) when it makes financial sense to you.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base