Find ideas for hardware or accessory improvements or hardware ideas

Lower the price of the MRSP of the Xbox One Wireless Elite Controller. It's way too expensive!

The Xbox One Elite Wireless Controller is outrageously expensive.
Neogaf and Reddit are reporting on the ridiculous of the pricing for the MSRP, it should be lowered.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1063321

11,806 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

levyjl1988 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

337 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • m0nk3yb0y18 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you buy this controller today, Microsoft might stop it from working with your xbox down the road. They have already proved to us that they will not continue to support hardware that we buy from them for our consoles like the kinect. If you are wondering what I'm talking about, go check the store for a kinect adapter (that will allow you to use it on the xbox s/x) and then when you see it's out of stock, call Microsoft and ask ... and you'll find out they aren't producing it anymore. This means every single kinect owner is stuck on the original xbox or; if they want to ugprade to a newer faster xbox, they will either have to ditch the kinect or pay $300 to $600 for the adapter since Microsoft isn't producing it anymore. I'd ditch xbox and go with PS4, it's a much better console; it has much better support, it's a lot easier to navigate and do things with, it's not nearly as confusing; the layout stays the same from update to update ... Playstation is all the things Microsoft is NOT ...

• SMC544 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Had mine for 2 years and the bumper broke. They at least need to have a part number to get replacement bumpers since it's a known issue instead of buying off branded ones that you have to file down to fit correctly.

• StevenD132 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dont charge for a controller that dont last.
    and fix them to one board so you have one problem not two. The solder breaks loose from the B button action pushing the boards apart. my controller lasted two weeks and broke. i dont know if it is from that but have seen a lot get broken from that.

• Dezzer24 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I brought myself an elite controller and it has just developed drift on the right thumb stick, i contacted Microsoft support for help to resolve the issue and they claim as its out of warranty they either want to charge me for the repair or i basically live with it... I think this is a terrible response for the supposed most superior controller available to gamers cost £120... i also brought my son an elite controller for his birthday hes had it 3weeks and the X button has just stopped working, fortunately microsoft said that the warranty is still available for this one to be repaired.

• ChocoboFan01 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've had my elite controller for two years, just got a second one as well. I'm willing to put in the price listed because I don't have it to show off, I use all of its advantages, and understand the reasoning of its current price, it does not need to be lowered.

• DutchMasterWine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The controllers are badass my son is two and loves to throw that and yet have had no problems with it unlike ps thumb toggles get jacked up lol

• CyberGuardFL commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

not only expensive but it doesn't even last:
    mine was good for maybe 4 months and the rubber pads fell off

• v D 4 N N Y x commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Especially when they have the build quality that microsoft is famous for. 4 different controllers broken with the same problem, left analog stick jams

• BillTWA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Cost is ridiculous! Should come with Xbox one x normally! Not worth the price!

• SinistralFern23 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you want your ideas heard, CALL THE MAIN XBOX HEADQUARTERS AND LET THE DESIGN TEAM KNOW!!! this online thing is not worth *** anymore.

• AJGAME95 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Lowering the cost is an idea or possibly having the elite controller bundled with the Xbox one x

← Previous 1 3 4 5 16 17

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base