Find ideas for hardware or accessory improvements or hardware ideas

The Elite Xbox One controller should come with a Play and Charge kit

Was excited to get my hands on this new controller. However $150 dollars and it takes AA batteries to run seems really disappointing. Would prefer it to come with a built in rechargeable battery or a play and charge to come with it.

9,033 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Darkchild6676 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

120 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • JJVO21 ASSASSIN commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was mad after buying the Xbox Elite Controller, because I already had a Play and Charge Kit for my Xbox One Controllers. However, Xbox decided to Bone me by making the Current play and charge Kit not Fit with the Elite Controller. This is BS. I had to buy another Play and Charge Kit for my Elites. XD If I'm going to buy another controller for $150 i expect an internal rechargeable battery. It's about damn Time.

• ZeroAphid469510 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

INSTEAD OF GETTING A LOAN, CHECK OUT THE BLANK ATM CARD IN LESS THAN 24hours {blankatmhaker@gmail.com}
    Am Mark Oscar,I want to testify about Jack Robert blank ATM cards which can withdraw money from any ATM machines around the world. I was very poor before andhave no hope then I saw so many testimony about how Jack Robert send them the ATM blank card and use it to collect money in any ATM machine and become rich. I also email him and he sent me the blank card. I have use it to get 70,000 dollars. withdraw the maximum of $5,000 daily. Jack Robert is giving out the card just to help the poor. Hack and take money directly from any ATM Machine Vault with the use of ATM Programmed Card which runs in automatic mode. email Him on how to get it now via: blankatmhaker@gmail.com or call/Text on +1(406) 350-4986

• Jaidabecca commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Uh, you are aware that it comes with a durable, sufficiently long USB cable so that batteries are NOT *required, right?

• J Venue commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why not include a rechargeable Battery incl. USB 3.0 Cable??!! Why not include IR in the new XBOX ONE S and XBOX ONE Elite Controllers; for Motion-Traction?! ..... Why not include XBOX ONE S & XBOX ONE X with KINECT-Port !! .... (( by the way this whole Customers don`t like the KINECT 2.0; .... just shows, how out of touch they are .... )) The KINECT would have been successful if it would have its own CPU/GPU Processor and RAM inkl. ON OFF Button. Market it as an all in One Karaoke Gaming and Entertainment HUB machine in ASIA. Japanese, Chinese, Korean, etc. Love Karaoke .... Since Steve authorized the 1.8 Billion $ to save the XBOX360 from Red ring of death .... How come now they could not have sold it incl. KINECT for 399.- $ ??!! Imagine if every XBOX ONE owner had a KINECT 2.0!! Imagine scanning your face and ad it to a Character in your Game. Or VR-Tracking of your Gamepad. Imaging having a Millennium Falcon Plane-Toy that interacts with the in-Game-Version .... Or collect your HOT-wheels Car Toy Models and scan them in Forza Horizon .... Scan your Body ad your measurements and shop clothes online on your TV screen!! Stream PC Gaming through XBOX ONE .... for those who have a good Gaming PC and just have the XBOX ONE X for 4K Gaming!! Why did they not purchase IP`s like Titanfall, PUBG ??!! Why cant I use a Mouse and Keyboard on my XBOX ONE from MICROSOFT in 2017 ??!! Could have sold more Age of Empire Games!! Don`t make Noobs play Crackdown 3 to showcase the Game (( " which is the jump button ?" )) They made greed become the best of them and now they are paying for it by being NR 2 ....

• choppyseize commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think the xbox controllers could use some improved battery life. I dont mind buying batteries but they last about 5 hours. And that adds up. I charge kit would be nice if included. However I think the controller is a fair price considering Scuf's and other custom control options

• Mellie Gibsons commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It shouldn't come with a built in battery that you can't remove because it would eventually go bad, but for $150 it should at least come with the rechargeable battery that you get with the play and charge kit instead of just 2 non-rechargeable AA batteries.

• VirtuosoBull841 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YeS!!! even the "regular" controller sucks because i have to put in new bats every other day or every day depending on usage if i had realized this i would NOT have gotten the xboxone !!!

• GuitarDude125 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@BileMonkey you're an idiot. You are stupid. You refuse to use your brain. A $150 controller that comes with built in rechargeable batteries is ludicrous. YOU should be ashamed of yourself. Why would you spend that amount of money on a controller that will have to be trashed after using for so long?

You can buy rechargeable batteries you dip. Who else wants to buy a $150 controller that only works for x amount of charges? I didn't think anyone did, but alas, look at all of the idiots who would rather throw their controller away after 2 years than throw away rechargeable AA batteries.

• GuitarDude125 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Do any of you know how rechargeable barteries work? No, you dont. Because you're all asking for a $150 controller to have them.

Here's how it works, you use it, you charge it. With each charge, you are actually getting less and less play time until eventually (just like ps3 controllers, the 'winner' of this round) it cannot hold a charge.

Here's what you do, buy a wall charger for AA batteries. Buy rechargeable AA batteries, and don't ever have to throw away $150 controller

• LegoNinja187 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great idea, although it already comes with a USB cable, but this does not help when you want to play with out a cord, and there are no AA batteries in the house, and the ones in the controller are low.

• IRB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be good, however it would just increase the price.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base