Find ideas for hardware or accessory improvements or hardware ideas

I wish the Xbox One controller would have indicators for players 1-4 like the 360 did

3,350 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Trav Tha Don shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

42 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • DaConducta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wait a minute it does. Me and my nephews play all the time and got 6 controllers wit all working. Just not many games have it. like nun of the cod's

• ETH4N1705 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

1-8 actually ;)
    xbox ones can have up to 8 controllers each, so it might be hard for them to do. There is the notifications at the top left to tell you whos logged in though.

• EvilTwinGX commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is actually not a bad idea. I could see Micro$oft making the Guide button light up color indicated by 1 of 4 colors like the X Y A B buttons, that way PlayStation fans can't say they copied.

• xTheLazyGamerx commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Do like what the Playstation controller does, and assign different colours to Player 1, 2, 3, 4, etc.

• Wolfman422 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like the idea imagine 4 controllers lieing on the bed you went out to do something you come back which one was yours you are asking yourself

• Ezo Bro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@FubaRock Why would you think it's not a great idea it should be because how can we still tell what player order that local people are then (like P1, P2, P3 etc.)?

• Oblithian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I mean didn't they say it could handle 10 controllers? Making it even more important! I guess their solution was this custom colour crap.

• FlexAnimal5477 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Imagine if three people are playing a game on the same console. One asks 'what player am I!' Then CORTANA replies with a player number. Might require work but the new Xbox Wireless Controllers do have Bluetooth/IR.

• pawncrackers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely agree! I was surprised that this wasn't included or seemingly considered, while the console was unboxed at E3. I wouldn't be surprised if there was another revision down the road.

Voted! :)

• HeebieGeeber commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also to ppl who have trouble identifying their controller. You can set in the device settings what account is linked with what controller. This will automatically sign you in when you turn on your controller. You can also open up the sidebar and see what account is signed in. So if you arent completely stupid it should be EZ to figure out.

• HeebieGeeber commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yea but i think you can connect 8 controllers at a time maybe 16... I forgot but basically this idea doesnt make sense for this console unless the indicator was a small led screen with a number... All im saying is we have moved past the point where 4 controllers is the max. It just doesnt work the same. If im playing cod and i have four ppl signed in trying to play at once. The order is chronological. Whoever starts the game is player 1 and the rest are just determined by the order in which you press the a button..... But then you might close cod and play something else and the order will most likely be different. The same person may start the game and be player one but the other players joining in are still determined by the order they join. This is why even if they had indicators, it would literally mean nothing at all

• fsedarkalex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

well they could make the LED flash X times when you push the xbox logo for a short time and go back to home only when holding it for a full second

But please don't let it flash all the time or regularly - this would be annoying!

• Internet Expert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm pretty sure the controller was designed with one LED for the Xbox One guide button, as opposed to the 4 separate LEDs used in the 360 controllers.

It would be impossible to just magically make it indicate the player number by now.

Besides, I don't really care for that feature anyway. It sets off my OCD because that player-one LED must be getting worn out from being turned on all the time.

• Jason Domican commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yer would be helpful very helpful u gotta like get everyone to push a button now to see whos controling who lol

← Previous 1 3

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base