Find ideas for hardware or accessory improvements or hardware ideas

Trade In Original Controller For The New Controller

I hear rumors now that Microsoft is planning to launch a new controller at E3 in June . This only new feature that I heard about is a 3.5 mm jack to plug in audio devices which is great . Instead of buying it for $60 ( I don't know the price just assuming ) why not let us trade in our old controllers for this updated one that you are unveiling at E3. I mean you guys should have added this in the first place . The first controller had a lot of users reporting problems of either left or right sticks drifting without them moving it . I really hope Phil Spencer and the Xbox team doesn't try to make a quick buck on something that they should have done in the first place.

6,153 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

LGAMER3412 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

80 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • ZeroAphid469510 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

INSTEAD OF GETTING A LOAN, CHECK OUT THE BLANK ATM CARD IN LESS THAN 24hours {blankatmhaker@gmail.com}
    Am Mark Oscar,I want to testify about Jack Robert blank ATM cards which can withdraw money from any ATM machines around the world. I was very poor before andhave no hope then I saw so many testimony about how Jack Robert send them the ATM blank card and use it to collect money in any ATM machine and become rich. I also email him and he sent me the blank card. I have use it to get 70,000 dollars. withdraw the maximum of $5,000 daily. Jack Robert is giving out the card just to help the poor. Hack and take money directly from any ATM Machine Vault with the use of ATM Programmed Card which runs in automatic mode. email Him on how to get it now via: blankatmhaker@gmail.com or call/Text on +1(406) 350-4986

• Triple D Ranch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The original controllers are defective to the point that the bumpers fall out from vibration just after the 3 month warranty which is Very uncool.

• MR YOUNG AJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. My son has a controller that is inoperable, Xbox has not provided a viable solution other than purchase a new controller. I'm so disappointed in Xbox; however, he prefers Xbox over PS4.

• INASTYKAMALEONI commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it is a shame that i have to modify my controler/command so not me it breaks specialy LB & RB and the 2 joystics. this is my 3th controller. the RB & LB broken evry time ever ever ever ever ! is so hard to make a miserable control that is completely sealed with a heat sink and with light metal in LB and RB parts. plastic breaking ! Third party companies make better controls than you

• OVERLORDX123 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yet another controller broke! Bought in May! Not happy it's my third one and it's a joke, I want an exchange! The Mike port isn't working same problem as last time!

• AstonVilla1874 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah mine broke yesterday! Not very happy as I got the green camouflage one at 65 bucks and now the right trigger doesn't work correctly at all now. I'm also sure they new about putting a 3mm jack onto a newer control even before day one edition. I also don't like having to plug in 6! Different controllers to update them, not to mention if I want to do 6 player games over system link I have to buy an additional 6 headphone that will fit only these old controllers... exchange wanted!!!!!!!!

• b1gz14 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't think it would be feasible for them to give it away for free... but maybe make it so you upgrade for $20-$30 or something.

• ghanja spawnX commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is for retailers, not Microsoft. What does Microsoft have anything to do with trading in an old controller for a new one? Talk to your retailer. Unless Microsoft has their own name brand store, this is silly to ask of Microsoft.

• Sinista1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally agree with this... I love my Titanfall Controller, but the left stick drifts bad, and my original black controller does the same thing... I just shelled out $120 for two new controllers, and had a hard time doing so... I am an adult owner and take pride in my hardware so I was surprised at the life of these analog sticks.

• BuddyRhodes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

looking to buy a custom controller and i don't really want my current controller(s) to collect dust. trade in should be a thing to reduce cost to loyal customers and reduce amount of junk in homes and environment. :D

• TensiveWand87 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The controller that came with my brand new xbox one is already messing up and I haven't had it for a year. It's stick is sticking making the screen always go to the right. So I'm for this idea microsoft kinda needs to stop being greedy. Wish I'd got a PS4 instead but my rooommate insisted cause he wants Halo. Really mad about this. We're delicate with our electronics and don't play often cause we work. This was just wrong.

• MoJoeMaMa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The original Xbox One controllers are cheaply made and are designed to break over a period of time so that the user is required to buy either the elite controller or the new controller with 3.5 mm jack which are both decently designed controllers. It's like when apple swapped to the lightening cable, it forced EVERYONE to buy those new chargers. In my opinion this is customer abuse and we should make Microsoft return to the community what they stripped away.

• DiamondEevee420 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

but people with White Controllers will be at a large disadvantage (since Microsoft doesn't want to sell them)

• rgrson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I didn't mean to flag this, I was trying to click the more button, sorry about that

← Previous 1 3 4

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base