Find ideas for hardware or accessory improvements or hardware ideas

Fix random controller disconnects (Post 1502 Update)

Still my controllers randomly disconnects mid-game and then immediately reconnects. Game breaking for online gaming. I have bought a new controller for this issue! Everything is updated, batteries are full (normal and rechargeable) and it still randomly disconnects. I've heard I'm not the only one with this issue and the February update did not fix this issue!

2,844 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

LarsJJLarsJJ shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1224 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • xx iFoggz xxxx iFoggz xx commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

had this for awhile i had to move all wireless devices including modem and wireless headset away from xbox to prevent this. the xbox one controller signal gets easily drowned out

• PoeticPuddle635PoeticPuddle635 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I know alot of people have this problem,including myself,after experimenting,i have come to the conclusion it is in the software(I.e.update).the solution i found worked for me is to turn on console,let boot up,then turn on controller,doing this way allows me to play for hrs with no disconnect.But if i turn console on via controller it disconnects every couple minutes endlessly

• ClosingMovie675ClosingMovie675 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Got a standard controller, no chat cables, and have the same experiences. Only in multiplayer games, though. Straight BS.

• RogueGamer1RogueGamer1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This totally sucks I keep getting disconnects every 5 minutes. Lucky I got PS4 too so I mainly just play on that. Has actuall exclusives and massive games library. Poor form Microsoft.

• Dieter DeuxDieter Deux commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ugh. I've actually been having this problem for years, pretty much since I first got it at launch (should have returned it), but it's been getting consistently worse.

• HOTJOHN01HOTJOHN01 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Mine has been doing this since I joined the insider program a week or two ago. It's incredibly annoying. What's weird is that on the dashboard menus everything is completely fine but in games everything goes wrong. Firstly, audio in my headset skips and is inconsistent. Secondly, the controller keeps disconnecting and then reconnecting almost immediately especially when playing online. All the audio in my headset goes off when this happens and does not return when the controller reboots. I have to then manually turn off and on the controller to get the audio back. I HAVE TRIED ALL TROUBLESHOOTING ADVICE. IT HAPPENS ACROSS SEVERAL CONTROLLERS WITH BOTH NORMAL BATTERIES AND RECHARGEABLE BATTERY PACKS. Please fix this. I am now actively involved in the insider program but was not expecting this to be a part of it.

• agony691agony691 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My brand new Elite Controller
    Disconnects while plugged in.
    I bought the controller the day before Destiny 2 released and the last week or so 3-5 disconnects in a 6hr period.
    Firmware updated, tried multiple cables.....ahhhhhhhh!!!!!!
    It sucks when playing while in a party I have to go to the party menu disconnect my headset and hope it reconnect the first time.

• aySchlegaySchleg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE!!!!!! Thank goodness. This was driving me nuts to the point where I broke my controller. Hopefully there is a fix soon.

• aySchlegaySchleg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am so glad these are recent events. This has happened to me and I have concluded it is the Astro AG1 Chat Cable. Fix is to have the Xbox controller connected to the Xbox via USB.

• sudo whoamisudo whoami commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey all, I'm probably late to the party but I think I've found a potential fix. My Xbox is pretty close to my wireless router, so I wondered if there might be some interference issues. I changed the radio channels on both the 2.4 and 5 GHz bands from "Automatic" to an arbitrarily different channel. I haven't had any disconnects in the last half hour or so, and prior to that is was a few times a minute...hope this helps! I'll let you know if this holds up!

• Frylock42Frylock42 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Originally I thought this related to using a 3rd party mic, but now I get this even with the Microsoft mic. Does seem to only happen with a mic connected though.

• MarcoDelPercioMarcoDelPercio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same problem too. My elite gamepad just returned from Microsoft assistance and still it disconnected again with battery fully charged. I want my money back

• Cronus RheaCronus Rhea commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same issue here. I use an elite controller and it started to disconnect and reconnect at random. Tried to play some destiny and my character keeps spinning or runs straight off the cliff due to the controller cutting out. It makes multiplayer a no go. I even exchanged my elite controller for a new one. Same issue. It seems that if it is plugged in directly to the xbox there is no issues. tried other controllers, changed batteries, reset xbox, and nothing. It's really bad when I am in a party chat. Makes destiny 2 a no go!

• ItsARCTIC FOXItsARCTIC FOX commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i have the astro A50's and since the update my controller disconnects constantly when my chat cable is conected. Microsoft need to sort this out

• Dadda DougDadda Doug commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Some update that happened over the past week started this issue for me again as well.

• AlfamonkAlfamonk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Everything was working perfect until i have updated (yesterday) to the latest Xbox One OS and updated to the latest controller firmware. Now it simply doesn't connect, i can't start my console from gamepad... or it just disconnects every few seconds.

It is definatelly an update issues. Ignored by Microsoft, as usual. I guess it's time to go play on PlayStation.

• FireShaminarFireShaminar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am also experiencing this issue.

I had recently had my Xbox One serviced/replaced due to another issue (games freezing with a buzzing sound and crashing to dashboard all the time) and now I have the controllers desynching on me...Oh, I STILL get games freezing and dropping out, but not so bad now.

This HAS to be a update glitch. I never had any of these issues before and I brought an Xbox a week after launch and everything worked puuuurrrrfectly until now.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 61 62

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base