Find ideas for hardware or accessory improvements or hardware ideas

Fix random controller disconnects (Post 1502 Update)

Still my controllers randomly disconnects mid-game and then immediately reconnects. Game breaking for online gaming. I have bought a new controller for this issue! Everything is updated, batteries are full (normal and rechargeable) and it still randomly disconnects. I've heard I'm not the only one with this issue and the February update did not fix this issue!

3,030 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

LarsJJ shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1325 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • BackupSquash725 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My wired Afterglow Xbox one controller keeps disconnecting and reconnecting on my PC (USB 3.0 btw). Loosing control for a few seconds is frustrating and annoying ingame. The plug-in sounds and the rumble tells it's happening. This controller is brand new, I want my money back !!!

• Badeh2 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Brand new XBOX One X having this remote issue. Unbelievable. About to buy a ps4 pro instead because this is BS!

• GENERAL SPAWN commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just got an Xbox one x from my girlfriend as a birthday present but the controller disconnects on and of at diffrent intervalls so i has to Go back to my old one because at least i can play without that happening. Why cant you for this MS......

• Noxious Aussie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am having the same problem but I'm using a razor wildcat controller 🎮 which is a wired (cable) connection.

• KillyPuddy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think I found a fix for my disconnect issues. I plugged my controller up to my xbox via usb. I then went to settings...device option...and did a update for my controller. Even though it said my controller was up to date...I updated it again. I unplugged it fom the console and everything seems to be working normal again. 6 hours of gameplay with no disconnects. Hope this might help others.

• XTC1969 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same here. Just started. Ticks me off a bit. Could it be that I am on the Developer Preview? Maybe I will submit a bug report just to make sure.

• Ukena commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This just started happening to me in the last week or so, the controller is still connected but nothing responds so I have to pull battery and put it back in and everything works again.

• londonloonie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not a single problem with my controllers for over 1 year but then switched from ETHERNET to 5GHz wireless and since then both controllers lose syncronisation with the console at random intervals for about 2 seconds flashing the white XBOX logo LED on the controller before reconnecting again to continue game play. Microsoft should consider using LINUX for the XBOX, Windows is a disaster on a console.

• JETTYDARIDER commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hold your controller x button that lightz up for 10 secs. Your welcome. Send money to my PayPal for the help. 1 dollar is great.

• treeeevor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My whole squad has the same problem. Brand new controller are worse than the original controllers. And update definitely messed something up. This sucks during pubg, it's hard enough with random crashes but add remote disconnects too? Come on! 😡

• Lamey87 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I seen i guy on youtube replace his xbox wifi card looked fairly simple and it worked for him i might do it or might just buy a PlayStation if xbox don't buck up there ideas

• ItchyBerDing commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This has only just started happening to me since the lastest xbox one system update.It's becoming intolerable, certain games get affected more than others ie anything online. Please please fix this problem microsoft,or at least give us some feedback .

• d0x360 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same issue, I've had 3 different Xbox ones where my x1x is. I lose controller sync like.every 5 min which is becoming intolerable. I'm also in the alpha ring so.i have the latest dash available

• Flis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've had this issue with 3 different consoles now. Its fixed by the most odd thing. You need to strong arm customer support into doing a "Xbox Live Server Reset" on your console. So call 18004myxbox then select xbox one. Select hardware. Put 0 as your serial number if outside of warranty. Then tell the Rep you want a Xbox Live Server Reset. And your controllers should be good forever.

• Hellcat BCU commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i bought an Xbox one S from a mate, and my wifi is poor down one end of house where i play, but a technician from virgin media suggested i needed TP links and told me to go to currys to purchase a twin pack. follow this link, now my xbox and controllers pick up great wifi signal.
    TP-LINK WPA4220 WiFi Powerline Adapter Kit - AV600, Twin Pack

• Rolyat gz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same problem here, yes, it seems after an update this is happening to our good "old" Xbox One. The controllers are randomly disconnecting... I thought it was because of the age of the controllers, but why 2 years controllers would be faulty since the 360 ones are still working fine? So we bought a new Xbox One S controller... And same thing. I don't think it's faulty One, maybe some code in the update.

• CaptainKiwi73 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

FIXED IT if you hold the Xbox one x power button for 10 sec. When your getting off for the night. It is because The Xbox One S and Xbox One X have an internal power supply. it may simply need a power reset. Often, power issues are due to the power supply resetting after a power surge.

• RobCougar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can anyone tell me why you can't use rechargeable AA batteries, I think that is why my Scorpio keeps disconnecting the controller. Even though they are 2800mAh brand new, does both of my controllers

← Previous 1 3 4 5 66 67

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base