Find ideas for hardware or accessory improvements or hardware ideas

Fix random controller disconnects (Post 1502 Update)

Still my controllers randomly disconnects mid-game and then immediately reconnects. Game breaking for online gaming. I have bought a new controller for this issue! Everything is updated, batteries are full (normal and rechargeable) and it still randomly disconnects. I've heard I'm not the only one with this issue and the February update did not fix this issue!

2,935 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

LarsJJ shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1283 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Oblithian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a 1S this just started happening to me recently. One of three contollers does this often but inconsistently, another does it very infrequently (maybe it will happen every 4th gaming session if that). The controller where it occurs most was used least often (maybe once prior), of course that was while the warranty was still valid... annoying.

• KALAOAGROWN808 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey everyone. So I’ve gotten my issue fixed. I would post my fix here but not allowed to because the site I got my issue fixed does now allow certain things to be copy and pasted elsewhere. They just moved to a better site and I don’t wanna chance losing my access there because I got to the site a lot.

But if you want your controller issue fixed. Go to: www.SRPgaming.com and go to the technical support page and follow the directions. They got my issue fixed. This is no joke, and no I’m not a robot. Just trying to be helping and kind. And pass the word along.

• elmescalito30 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

same here, brand new xbox one x, controller randomly disconnects but remains powered on. resyncing does not fix the issue.

• Insomnia 0o0 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just bought the One X and within the first hour of use, the controller freezes up. I either had to wait it out or take the batteries out and back into the controller for it to work. For a brand new console, this is a problem.

• SwimToTheMoon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just happened to me tonight.....again. Except this time, the controllers wouldn't re connect to the XB1X. Even tried to re-pair them to the system and they wouldn't even pair. Lovely....

• SFAL commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My X1X controller doesn't seem to like rechargable batteries, often the controller won't keep the glowy on and won't turn on the console unless they've just come out of the charger and sometimes not even then. There are two sets of two different type batteries, so four sets like this. The glowy flashes quickly sometimes, other times slow but won't stay on unless holding it, but no console start either way. I would say they're too old or something (they are) but if I put the same ones that flashed quickly or slowly but didn't turn on the controller or One X, into the other original 3.5 jack controller for the One I replaced with the X, the batteries work fine in the other controller. So they do work.

Maybe there's a hardware manufacturing issue of some sort that makes it not like these batteries and also makes it disconnect often. (Although sometimes the disconnects are probably from wireless interference?). Either way it's not fun, no. Not in Stalingrad this time of year.

• EMAIRXEN commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In my case with the new controllers (Xbox One X gamepad, Grey & Green gamepad, Militar Green & Orange gamepad) i have the problem of the random disconnections, I changed the controllers in the shop, but the problem persists, and I tested with all my Xbox (Xbox One, One S, One X) and the problema is only with the new controllers, because with the old controllers works perfect (Xbox Day One gamepad, Halo 5 gamepad, Elite gamepad)... My last test is play without my ASTRO A50 GEN3, and IT WORKS! The problem is the headset, not the console or the controllers, in my case when I play with my ASTRO the new Xbox controllers disconnects randomly...
    If you play with wireless headset and you have disconnections, try to play without the headsets, problably you found the problem...
    Greatings.

• ri0ku commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same issue here...Scorpio Edition first time using it over the weekend. Playing 2 player local Gears 4 and both controllers randomly disconnecting. One time they disconnected while we had the game paused while eating and they must have disconnected and reconnected about 10 times.

Sometimes the light remains on on the controllers when it occurs. Sometimes the controller doesn’t completely disconnect but lags on input and eventually the input lag stops.

Really sucks I hope this is software and can be fixed. Don’t fancy sending in my Scorpio edition for repair after using it only twice.

• Excalubyr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

oh you're not the only one bud. My xbox one s freezes mid game all the time and support cant even figure it out. My friend has the same issue with his xbox one s

• LightWave627 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

same thing happens to me when I have headphones in.....why is this happening??? can they at least post a troubleshooting issue on this website sheesh!!!

• MADPAPPI commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

brand new xbox one s doing this very thing for the first time tonight controller keeps losing sync but doesn't turn off and i get msg on screen to connect a controller linked to my profile or something like that.

• Exoprob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My xbox one x just started doing that. I'm using the controller that came with the console.
    Don't know if I should replace my console or not...

• Ramon NL commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same issue, playing on PC, using the USB receiver. Both the (official) rechargeable battery as AA battery's disconnect very often.

• WildAntics commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wonder if it has to do with the rechargeable batteries, I have an Xbox one S and have been fine but I recently bought that new controller gear Xbox pro charging stand and it came with a new battery with the back exposed so it charges while docked and ever since then I have the same issue... It disconnects but the light stays on and usually will keep walking in the direction I was headed. Sucks for online gaming!

• ANGEL CORPSE77 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same Problem here !
    Still can’t see any reply from MS , even though there a lot of people complaining here !!!
    start to wonder if they really don’t care or it’s our mistake to buy MS Xbox and not PS !!!! They don’t respect their customers!! What kind of damn service is this !!?

• GreatJoey85571 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Xbox one x doing it to me what is Microsoft doing about this sucks can't even play my games taking battery in and out and my 500$ system

• EnlargingCow commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

does the light stay on on your controller until you take out the battery for anyone else or is it just me. and it docent happen all the time but when it does its as frequent as every other button.

• LumberHyperion commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I get this a lot, it tends to carry out the last command i give the controller, which is really annoying, because i do some competitive play which really screws me over, because i have to turn the controller on and off again to turn vibrate back on and get the party back into my headset, doing this in a racing game can really screw you over.

• Bichosolto2000 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same issue on my original xbox one s controller !! The joypad came with the game, and all the time i got this issue. I've 2 controllers, but just the black one has this problem!! I don't know what to do. Maybe microsoft can change for another or release some update... is too much claims about it!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 63 64

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base