Find ideas for hardware or accessory improvements or hardware ideas

HOTAS For Xbox One

If space/flight simulators ever do make it to Xbox One we're going to need the appropriate controller. It would be perfered if we could use our current PC HOTAS controllers and plug them into the Xbox One, but considering all the different models would need different drivers/firmware to work on Xbox One it would be understandable it couldn't happen. I'm sure mad catz could produce a decent one for the Xbox One...just make sure it's a HOTAS.

1,193 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Chromed BladeChromed Blade shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

253 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • OBIJ3FFOBIJ3FF commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The HOTAS controller has been confirmed. Thrustmaster is the company that has one coming out soon. Check there Twitter for the new.

• SAVAGE Q8SAVAGE Q8 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hay xbox you're better than this!!
    PS is nothing to u don't let him defeat you, HOTAS or else you can do it , of course I vote, it's because I love xbox.

• Reborn G ManReborn G Man commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Gets my vote! Fingers so crossed I can't open my bag of Wotsits. Seriously though, Elite Dangerous alone needs this support. Would purchase one the instant it became available.

• CMDR VIP3RCMDR VIP3R commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This really needs to happen for elite dangerous considering playstation already has hotas support from war Thunder why has Xbox and not stepped up to the mark

• LockedNote35010LockedNote35010 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is just a basic. I have a hotas for gaming on my Windows 10 PC. I want to buy some of the same sim games on the Xbone but will not do so without HOTAS support. Microsoft said they would implement this like 3 years ago. What is the hold-up? Flying games are just not the same without throttle and stick. Rudder peddals should be supported too, but i'm less worried about that. MS supposedly going all Win10 across all platforms, blah, blah, then why can't I plug in a standard USB peripheral and have the Xbone pull the drivers from the cloud or internet?

• vinnieboJvinnieboJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't believe the Playstation has HOTAS but Xbox One does not..... share this idea everywhere!!!! let's make it happen people!!!

• Huge BradHuge Brad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can't believe there's a steering wheel but no flightstick for the "new" console. It would make flying games so much more enjoyable! Maybe they'd bring back games like Star Wars Starfighter and Battle For Naboo!!! I'd buy one immediately, if it was anywhere close to a reasonable price!

• tugais rftugais rf commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Almost three years since this idea has been expressed and still, less than a thousand votes. Let's face it boys, we don't have any weight in this discussion, manufacturers will never provide a specific hardware for sim fans nor Microsoft invest time to code the support of Windows HOTAS :|

• StarGeezerTimStarGeezerTim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would definitely be in favor of HOTAS support on the XB1. And if Microsoft needs any further encouragement, it's already been confirmed that HOTAS support will be baked into the game's release when it comes out on the "competition's" console soon. So unless they want a mass exodus of Elite Dangerous players moving to another console, it's in everyone's best interest to start thinking along the lines of adding support.

• RedDragonSwordsRedDragonSwords commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With all the space/flight sims already released and upcoming for Xbox One (Elite: Dangerous, Everspace, Ace Combat 7, CDF Starfighter), why is there still no HOTAS support? That's simply the most immersive way to experience a flight sim (especially combined with VR for on Scorpio).

• MrSchmoMrSchmo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't understand why they don't have one or don't let us use a PC flight stick. Whats the hold up? I don't want to see the excuse that there aren't enough flight games. Not having a flight stick option would hold me back as a developer. Why make a great flight game and not have a flight stick to use it with?

Also, tons of games have flight elements in them, like GTA V for example.

Please, a flight stick is need for Elite Dangerous and Ace Combat. Either made one, or let us use PC enabled flight sticks. Been too long.

• Orange BlitzOrange Blitz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I will make it plain and simple. The number one game that I play is Elite Dangerous. THE ONLY WAY I WILL BY A NEW SYSTEM IS IF IT HAS A HOTAS. Why because there are other options now, PS4 has a HOTAS and I now have a gaming rig.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base