Find ideas for hardware or accessory improvements or hardware ideas

HOTAS For Xbox One

If space/flight simulators ever do make it to Xbox One we're going to need the appropriate controller. It would be perfered if we could use our current PC HOTAS controllers and plug them into the Xbox One, but considering all the different models would need different drivers/firmware to work on Xbox One it would be understandable it couldn't happen. I'm sure mad catz could produce a decent one for the Xbox One...just make sure it's a HOTAS.

973 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Chromed BladeChromed Blade shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

226 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Lone Wolf 05117Lone Wolf 05117 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would buy a HOTAS setup in a light second. PS4 has HOTAS support but not Xbox one. How is that even remotely right? Just make it happen, that's all I'm asking from you Microsoft. Just think of money you can make by licensing the drivers to hardware producers. This is something that can really make the Xbox one stand out more then PS4. Tons of games, the ability to use a HOTAS setup and the use of mobile gaming via windows 10. I mean the check writes itself.

• Nasty RoncoNasty Ronco commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'll stop asking for a simple wireless headset if I can have HOTAS support for playing Elite Dangerous on my XB1 instead.

• sparkyonyachts1sparkyonyachts1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I own both an Xbox and a PS4 but play Elite on the Xbox. I would love if Microsoft could go ahead and certify someone's HOTAS for use on their Xbox One. I play Elite dangerous and I am disappointed that the Xbox cannot support one when the PS4 is version of elite dangerous will.

• RollasocRollasoc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Needed for Elite Dangerous. Be a shames that the game has been out for over a year without HOTAS support and the PS4 version allegedly will get it.

• CMDROptiplexCMDROptiplex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As the PS4 will have Hotas support for Elite its the PS4 i will be buying. I play Elite on Pc but being able to just switch a console on and play straight away is what i need. So PS4 it will be. Microsoft you lose as it means my PC will then move to Linux instead of you horrible snooping Win10 software.

• CA11ANDCA11AND commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This needs to happen elite dangerous is horrible with controller and with ace combat 7 on the way we need one.

Come on windows 10 has generic drivers for my x52 so why cant the Xbox one it doesnt make sense.

Come on Microsoft it's like you are giving up on us of late .

• happykydxhappykydx commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please add my vote to this thread that should not exist, have no words for the fact that there is no joystick support for XB1 for all this time but now with Sony announcing for PS4 it is becoming a joke, I have been a staunch Microsoft supporter but this is likely to be the final straw

• frezzofrezzo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With Acecombat on the horizon and other games like Elite Dangerous, Everspace... we could really use some HOTAS support its really a shame xbox gamers dont get this simple option.

• C4R1TONC4R1TON commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Playstation 4 has just debuted a full HOTAS set up, yes flight stick and throttle for Elite Dangerous. How can Microsoft (who IS all that is PC) allow Sony to out do them in such a simple thing? All the current HOTAS systems work on Microsoft computers. ..you couldn't configure the xbox one to do the same? What, we have to wait for Scorpio on something you all already have the lead on? Now we have to sit back and let Sony leap ahead again? Really?

• sakjbsakjb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really really really hope the next gen Xbox has HOTAS support, or at least a HOTAS available for purchase that will be supported.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base