Find ideas for hardware or accessory improvements or hardware ideas

Update WiFi firmware for 802.11ac usage

A recent teardown of the Xbox One revealed that the wifi chipset could also utilize 802.11ac modulation. With many players buying new routers that support 802.11ac, It would be of utmost importance to allow this feature to be used on the X1. It will provide faster speeds and lower latency than using the current 802.11n.

4,522 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

III Gandhi III shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

76 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • ZeroAphid469510 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

INSTEAD OF GETTING A LOAN, CHECK OUT THE BLANK ATM CARD IN LESS THAN 24hours {blankatmhaker@gmail.com}
    Am Mark Oscar,I want to testify about Jack Robert blank ATM cards which can withdraw money from any ATM machines around the world. I was very poor before andhave no hope then I saw so many testimony about how Jack Robert send them the ATM blank card and use it to collect money in any ATM machine and become rich. I also email him and he sent me the blank card. I have use it to get 70,000 dollars. withdraw the maximum of $5,000 daily. Jack Robert is giving out the card just to help the poor. Hack and take money directly from any ATM Machine Vault with the use of ATM Programmed Card which runs in automatic mode. email Him on how to get it now via: blankatmhaker@gmail.com or call/Text on +1(406) 350-4986

• xxPROBIExx commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I got no problems with my speed. Isp will bottleneck you and last month i went over 1TB So $100 penalty or move up to unlimited with higher bandwith and 100mbs dl. Unless they slow ya down ;) Seriously watch your providers bandwith limit. 100 bucks for 1Tb. Thats Gears 4 Battlefield, ESO, GTA, COD, Battlefield 4, and a few others. It goes fast.

• JoE TwEaKn MANE commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

controller disconnected is the effects the wireless use wired better speeds n plus wifi is not recommended for online gaming

• JoE TwEaKn MANE commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

ha nope xb1 has no part like d Xbox slim n speeds won't b faster wid 802 11ac u speed is wat u pay 4 by your ISP duh

• SwordofWhedon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Doesn't work like that. You still need the antenna to make it work. Same with Bluetooth which is also supported by the chip.

• Spaltenpeitcher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Until today this threat was not updated.
    Did anyone hear some new informations about a statement from Microsoft?

• RoryBreaker7000 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same thing happening with my controller. Tried everything mentioned on this form and nothing has worked. Using a standard black wireless controller. Can Sync for two seconds then controller is totally unresponsive to anything I do yet Xbox light on console and joystick is solid white light.

Wont work even with USB connected(although haven't forked out more money to buy a Microsoft USB wire yet). I'm using one off my phone.

So currently have bough new Xbox controller and sometimes after doing a hard reset of the console, the controller will (sometimes) only connect to the console for a few seconds and then nothing! Like touching a dead body with my child like fingers expecting daddy to come to life. Daddy does nothing and just looks at me with his dead eyes. Microsoft not impressed. Sort out your updates and fix this. i need my Daddy as mammy is useless with my daddy...

• MonsterDark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I noticed that Microsoft has specified that one of the features that differentiate Xbox One from Xbox One S is the wifi 802.11ac protocol.
    The note at this link:

http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-one/console/moving-from-original-xbox-one-to-xbox-one-s-console

"Moving from the original Xbox One console to the Xbox One S
    Besides the smaller size and the addition of 4K/HDR capabilities, here are some features you'll find when you upgrade from the original Xbox One console to the Xbox One S."

".."

"New wireless networking protocol
    In addition to wireless protocols 802.11 a/b/g/n dual band, the Xbox One S adds 802.11ac to its list of supported network protocols. If you have a wireless ac router, you can use that network to connect your Xbox One S to Xbox Live."

There is a chance that this feature will be enabled on the Xbox One?

• Shay Dee Man commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just as an aside, doing so would probably require the Xbox to undergo FCC compliance testing again

← Previous 1 3 4

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base