Find ideas for hardware or accessory improvements or hardware ideas

4K Blu-ray compatible X1 when the spec is finalised.

As we know it's inevitable in the modern gaming age the there will be hardware revisions of the X1. It would be great if one of those hardware revisions added the ability to play 4K Blu-ray's when the spec is finalised. There is going to be 4K Blu-ray disk out at the end of 2015, I'd love to play them on an X1.

134 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

DELTAprime shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Completed  ·  AdminMister Retr0 (Feedback Admin, Xbox) responded  · 

The Xbox One S supports 4K Ultra-HD Blu-ray™ and Streaming. With four times the resolution of standard HD, 4K Ultra HD delivers the clearest, most realistic video possible. Users can stream 4k content on Netflix and Amazon Video and watch Ultra HD Blu-ray movies in stunning visual fidelity with High Dynamic Range. For more information, please visit the Xbox One S page on xbox.com. More information is available at Xbox Wire: http://news.xbox.com/2016/07/30/xbox-summer-update-starts-rolling/

11 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • PinoyBoxer21 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this playback issue is ridiculous. makes you feel microsoft released a rushed product with the hopes of just being first against sony. my lucy 4k wont play on the blu-ray app and many universal 4k blurays dont olay either, 4k playback patches is just sad on microsoft's end

• WARRIOR I M commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have 30mbps internet- only 15-20 is required to stream uhd from netflix and amazon. I previously had 20mbps and did it fine from both services. I went into the netflix app on the xbox one S and all the uhd content listed on my tv's netflix app lists only as HD- not 4K. I dont think tgis issue has been updated. Wah wah!

• TPOCALYPSE commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Update Xbox One blu ray drive to a 4k blu ray drive so that we can play 4k blu ray discs or uhd discs.

• Nemesis crime commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

with the "new" 3,840 x 2160 Blu-rays coming out soon and new Blu-ray players to only work with them, we should get the ability to watch them from the comfort of our Xbox.

• DELTAprime commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The new Blu-ray spec has been shown at CES 2015. Called "Ultra HD Blu-ray" it requires HDMI 2.0, HDCP 2.2 and HEVC. Get this added to the X1 Microsoft and I'll buy a new X1 just for UHDBD.

• SwordofWhedon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You cannot get 4K Blu-rays. It's a "mastered in 4k" gimmick line like Superbit.

You'll have to buy an X1 slim to get it, as it will require hardware revisions to support HDMI 2.0 that they won't do before then

• Lazarus 22nd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can get 4K Blu-rays now, and I believe MS said before launch the X1 can run them, but don't hold me to that (we've only just gotten 3D playback support).

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base