Find ideas for hardware or accessory improvements or hardware ideas

Add Analog Stick Calibration To Address Stick Drift issues

Please add require 'analog stick calibration' on xbox system setting or xbox game setting.
analog stick drift of controller is Big issue!

[Mod Edit: This idea was merged with similar ideas from Garlicpenguin, ToneSim, Y UnknowN Y, and others. Thanks everyone!]

3,184 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Y UnknowN Y shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

419 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • I Bless U commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Even if a lot of people says it’s an hardware issue, I’m pretty sure a software could compensate for the issue, and recalibrate it virtually. I got this issue with almost any Xbox one controler I had.

• AbsentKestrel40 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The issue is hardware related so software wont fix it...buttttttt what software will do is allow the controller to be calibrated AFTER the broken analog stick is replaced with a new one. I have been repairon controllers for years now and there r those few controllers that are just way too far out there with their factory calibration that its darn near impossible to find a stick with the matching offsets. I had one come in last week that i had to tell the guy after 3 swaps and no change that it just cant be done. If he were to use it on the pc he would be golden but if he wants to play on the xbox with it his char would be all over the place. That shouldnt be confused with drifting though...if u have an elite and go into the controller settings of a drifting controller u will actually see the stick move slowly from the center by itself until it reaches the end. The issue this software will fix are sticks that do not move slowly by themselves in the config app and that r instead not seen as perfectly centered when it isnt being touched. I feel like too often people go blaating the wrong info online and other read it who then tell more people this false info and its never endong lol.

• BananaMan60 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

analog drift is a hard ware issue not a software issue if they were to add a calibration software it wouldnt do anything to a analog drift

• KNUCKLE HE4D 69 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was unfortunate enough to buy one of these controllers from these crooks and even though I've only had it for a few months, with little play, my right stick has bad drift and is thoroughly frustrating me. Sad that I have paid less than half the price for a stock controller and had it last 1-2 years with heavy play, compared to this premium garbage.

• Jonamond commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

3 controllers, all have drift issues! So now what? Pay 270$ to replace all three? What a f*kn joke! I’m prett sure some software can help with the issue

• CraeDragun commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seriously, add this option or stop doing shotty work on the controllers. The controller that came with my xbox one was already messed up before I got it, and now a month old controller has drift issues. Never had this mess with 360 controllers.

• Hazmatusa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same here with this damn issue of my Xbox One controller drifting up. Microsoft needs to fix this ASAP!!!

• tedopon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've had the same three 360 controllers for a decade and they still all perform great.
    I have had two XB1 controllers get the same drift in the left stick issue in the one year I've owned an XB1. On my number three and four right now. When one of these goes, I will probably buy a Playstation.

• Oakley169 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am having similar problem as all of you. My 360 controllers lasted for years. My custom Xbox one controller started to *** itself 7 months after buying it, analog stick drifts so horribly that I can no longer use it. It is frustrating that this money hungry company cant make a quality controller anymore.

• BigBear0704 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've long been a Microsoft fan; from my first PC to original Xbox and now Xbox S, however these controllers are absolute garbage. I purchased an elite controller for I'm sure the same reason as the rest of you - a dependable device that improves (somewhat) play. 2 months in and I'm experiencing stick drift. Their brilliant response? You guessed it, send it in for replacement........................,...

It blows my mind that $150+ controller would even remotely begin to have technical problems. Even stated in their sales pitch is "meet the rigorous demands of competitive gamers..." This is complete nonsense.

I'm incredibly disappointed with the cutting corners, especially from a company that I once held in high regard for dependability and quality. To think a multi billion dollar conglomerate would replace quality parts to save a dime is beyond me; as if you needed to save money with the fan-base that is Xbox. People will continue to buy these unfortunately, and experience the dissatisfaction that we all have.

Yours truly,

Distraught Customers Everywhere

• CrackLobster420 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft, You guys Genuinely suck for this. Loved my xbox 360. this stupid crap with the XB1 controllers is just garbage. Im buying replacement analog sticks now... 10$ Cad. will never buy another one of your POS controllers ever again.

• Apoll0 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This has to happen. THe fact that this has been a submitted idea for so long and has not been done is just embarrassing.

• Jay B UK 81 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

3 months my brand new controller lasted!!! I know everyone says people don't know how rough they are with thumb sticks, but I'm really not. I never had these issues with the 360 controllers... I can't believe they still charge £50 for them! What a rip off

← Previous 1 3 4 5 20 21

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base