Find ideas for hardware or accessory improvements or hardware ideas

Add Analog Stick Calibration To Address Stick Drift issues

Please add require 'analog stick calibration' on xbox system setting or xbox game setting.
analog stick drift of controller is Big issue!

[Mod Edit: This idea was merged with similar ideas from Garlicpenguin, ToneSim, Y UnknowN Y, and others. Thanks everyone!]

3,078 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Y UnknowN Y shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

416 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • KNUCKLE HE4D 69 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was unfortunate enough to buy one of these controllers from these crooks and even though I've only had it for a few months, with little play, my right stick has bad drift and is thoroughly frustrating me. Sad that I have paid less than half the price for a stock controller and had it last 1-2 years with heavy play, compared to this premium garbage.

• Jonamond commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

3 controllers, all have drift issues! So now what? Pay 270$ to replace all three? What a f*kn joke! I’m prett sure some software can help with the issue

• CraeDragun commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seriously, add this option or stop doing shotty work on the controllers. The controller that came with my xbox one was already messed up before I got it, and now a month old controller has drift issues. Never had this mess with 360 controllers.

• Hazmatusa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same here with this damn issue of my Xbox One controller drifting up. Microsoft needs to fix this ASAP!!!

• tedopon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've had the same three 360 controllers for a decade and they still all perform great.
    I have had two XB1 controllers get the same drift in the left stick issue in the one year I've owned an XB1. On my number three and four right now. When one of these goes, I will probably buy a Playstation.

• Oakley169 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am having similar problem as all of you. My 360 controllers lasted for years. My custom Xbox one controller started to *** itself 7 months after buying it, analog stick drifts so horribly that I can no longer use it. It is frustrating that this money hungry company cant make a quality controller anymore.

• BigBear0704 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've long been a Microsoft fan; from my first PC to original Xbox and now Xbox S, however these controllers are absolute garbage. I purchased an elite controller for I'm sure the same reason as the rest of you - a dependable device that improves (somewhat) play. 2 months in and I'm experiencing stick drift. Their brilliant response? You guessed it, send it in for replacement........................,...

It blows my mind that $150+ controller would even remotely begin to have technical problems. Even stated in their sales pitch is "meet the rigorous demands of competitive gamers..." This is complete nonsense.

I'm incredibly disappointed with the cutting corners, especially from a company that I once held in high regard for dependability and quality. To think a multi billion dollar conglomerate would replace quality parts to save a dime is beyond me; as if you needed to save money with the fan-base that is Xbox. People will continue to buy these unfortunately, and experience the dissatisfaction that we all have.

Yours truly,

Distraught Customers Everywhere

• CrackLobster420 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft, You guys Genuinely suck for this. Loved my xbox 360. this stupid crap with the XB1 controllers is just garbage. Im buying replacement analog sticks now... 10$ Cad. will never buy another one of your POS controllers ever again.

• Apoll0 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This has to happen. THe fact that this has been a submitted idea for so long and has not been done is just embarrassing.

• Jay B UK 81 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

3 months my brand new controller lasted!!! I know everyone says people don't know how rough they are with thumb sticks, but I'm really not. I never had these issues with the 360 controllers... I can't believe they still charge £50 for them! What a rip off

• The True Boz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

TRADING STANDARDS GUYS

It is clear microsoft have designed a product cheaply and designed it to last just longer than the warranty period and as it is an inegral part of the console it is a part that HAS to be replaced.

Anyone that is experiencing the drifting report to trading standards, the more people that do, the more MS will be shamed and embarrassed into doing something about it.

@D2B2009

Absolute nonsense I take it you work for MS?

The fault with the stick is the design inside, it is a very common problem, it's happened to both my Xone controllers and quite a few of my mates too, but surprisingly never happened to either of my controllers on the 360, I use them all the same.

The designers don't know how the controllers are going to be used? Are you really serious about that comment? What do the designers think we are going to use our controllers for? Cutting ham or inflating a car tyre? Seriously you are telling us that XBox manufacturers have no idea what their products are going to be used for, how they are going to be used, this is why many companies test their products before putting on market but it is a known fact MS has tried to cut costs to compete with Sony, hence why the Xone is technically inferior as a machine.

Nothing can be done about the design fault, my first controller started drifting about 13 months after I bought it and COINCIDENTALLY my replacement controller has just started it this morning, surprisingly just after the 12 months has expired, so it is clear the hardware is designed to be replaced on an ongoing basis.

The connections for the cables into the controllers are poorly designed, I've had to get replacement charging kits because after a while the connection becomes loose and I am having to bin the batteries and buy more with the leads.

The quality is shocking, the plastic is robust but the rest is as sturdy as a wet fart. I swear if I opened it up all the parts would evaporate as soon as exposed to the air.

When my mate's went, he looked online and there is a fix which he managed to do, the metal part under the stick is too thin and he has thickened the connection and seems to have helped. I've not seen the link myself and wary about opening it up, but hey, it's knackered now, what damage can I do?

I wouldn't mind if you are paying for quality, but they are crap. My 2nd controller has just started to suffer the same as my old one, leave it a for a split second and my left stick starts pushing upwards. This is because of a very cheap design internally. I've already paid £40 for a replacement, I've paid for replacement batteries and replacement chargers due to the connections again cheaply designed and not meant to last. I am now contemplating do I pay for yet another controller or should I just put that money towards a PS4?

← Previous 1 3 4 5 20 21

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base