Find ideas for hardware or accessory improvements or hardware ideas

Add HDMI-CEC Support to Xbox One

Please add HDMI-CEC ("control over HDMI") support for Xbox One to allow proper two-ways communications with TV and AVR (A/V Receiver).

The issue is that my Xbox One is not the only input on my AVR, and I still use my Xbox 360. This being the case makes using the Kinect to IR blast my components power On/Off completely useless. If I want to switch to my 360 and turn off my One, it would turn off my TV and AVR as well; vise versa if I'm done on the 360 and would like to switch back to the One turning on would send IR power blast that would turn off my already powered on components. You also don't have the ability to have the One automatically switch to the correct input. The only way to correct this issue is to add HDMI-CEC support.

3,869 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

St0ckton shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

392 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • M4rtinson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same here. PLEASE ADD HDMI-CEC.

...it is so easy to switch my Apple TV on/off which supports this state of the art feature. I can‘t believe that the Xbox One X does not support it...

• L1ghtfall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I absolutely love this feature on my Nintendo Switch. Just push one button on the controller and it connects while turning on the tv and switching to the correct input. I was blown away because it was the first time I have experienced this feature and it is so useful. If the comments are true and the One X doesn't support CEC that is extremely disappointing.

• Si 1969 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The new Xbox One X is targeted at people with high-end 4k HDR TVs. That audience will most likely have a separate AV setup.

It was illogical to never include CEC control in the Xbone and the S. To omit it from the Xbox One X is actually insulting.

Sort it out.

• HomebrewDrinker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PS4 will switch inputs on my receiver and the TV will auto switch to game mode, new Xbox One X does neither. Really let down by this...please fix ASAP.

• TOMillrUS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Congratulations, you've just lost a sale for the Xbox One X. Was holden up hope that the third iteration of the platform would finally add this basic feature.

Sad to say that makes the X the first Xbox I won't buy...

• DotPdf commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

lol how is this not implemented yet. My NINTENDO switch does it... my APPLE tv does it. Microsoft is so late to the game holy....

• Foxxi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add support for this and speed it up. I can control my ps4 pro with my brand new Oled with Lgs magic remote but not my brand new Xbox one x. I can today control every equipment connected to my tv thanks to CEC except for one, Xbox. Very dissapoiting and it's been three years since this feedback was originally added.

• UncleKevin82 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add HDMI-CEC support to Xbox one x . Cant believe this feature isn't available on my new purchase. Come on send a software update to rectify this as its a right pain switching things on and off and remembering the sequence between my TV, AV receiver and Console

• Sham Shams commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add hdmi-cec to the xbox one. It is implemented well in the PS4. I can simply press a button on my ps4 controller and turn on my ps4+avr+tv.

• kianyang commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Got myself a new XBox One and was surprised that HDMI-CEC is still not supported. Would be great to have this in this time and age when all other major platforms have built in support for it.

• BlogCraftChile commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

IR blaster is the worst idea ever, HDMI-CEC is the way to go. We need THIS! Even my Apple TV 4K supports HDMI-CEC and it is the best!

• WoolCord1491567 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Xbox/Microsoft team,

Will HDMI CEC be coming to the Xbox One X? If this is not Supported I will be purchasing the PS4 Pro.

Please let me know if this is or is not included.

Thankyou

← Previous 1 3 4 5 19 20

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base