Find ideas for hardware or accessory improvements or hardware ideas

USB Microphone and Headset Support

Well, using a USB microphone or USB headset on the Xbox One and the Xbox 360 would be very nice! I have got the Astro a50 headset (which is wireless) but I have to use the mic cable so it's not wireless anymore... I think MANY people would love this feature :) The drivers are already on the PC and have been there for a LONG time, so please do something with it! It would be easy for everybody! :)

2,982 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Hi5 Krizzy shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

531 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • ill frash ya26 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a logitech g930 wireless headset I have tried it and it does connect however no sound can or will be outputted so they are some sort of compatibility drivers in the Xbox one however it blocks it somewhere down the line

• EibeZypresse3 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello,
    I have an plantronics GAMECOM 780 USB Headset.
    I want to use it on my new Xbox One X.
    Because no Mic. USB Support I have to look for an adaptor or buy a official Xbox Headset but a new headset is expensive...

• pterotactycaL commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, it's absolutely ridiculous that my 300$ Astros have to plug into the controller in 2017. I just picked up a X1X only to discover that unlike my PS4 pro I still need a 3.5 cord to talk. Then, I discover this forum going back to 2014 requesting this feature. WTH Microsoft.

• Mikko 75 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My friend just asked if he should be buying XBOne or PS4 for xmas and based on the nonexistent usb support from Microsoft, I had to recommend PS4.
    Of course there is also the lack of any HDMI-CEC, which is also more than strange these days.
    It seems that MS can't be bothered with existing standards :(

• twop0intfive commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is no valid reason that this shouldn't be supported. You'd think Microsoft would have already learned what happens when they gaslight and alienate their customer base.

• Fallard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Juste bought the ps4 pro. Android using my New headset wireless on it. If no update soon on this, i wont Buy any new game on xbox one

• Yapsonark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah it's pretty childish of Microsoft... there is only one reason for them to do this...
    Money, that's it!
    They make more money from forcing their players to buy their accessories. The part they can't seem to understand is there is even bigger money in a happy customer. Put control into the players hands... more control you give them the more successful you will be.

• Kharmeister commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Major Nelson just confirmed in his latest podcast that support for webcams is coming (camera only first, microphone later) in the next preview update for Alpha members, so this feature is FINALLY COMING! Hopefully it will see official release before the end of this year (2017). So excited and happy to see our requests are being heard!

• Dr Iceer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It does not seem that Microsoft want it console to support USB headsets. It is mind boggling that a company that is playing catch up is limiting what user can use. I mean I had competing console and was able to connect my hyperX usb audio card to that and use it. So when I changed from it to Xbox One to play with my friends I thought I would have no problem using it, as it works with Windows 10. But no!. I do not understand the narrow mind that MS is using on this.
    Microsoft must stop playing as a sheep and start playing as a wolf.
    Open up what the players want and even being one step ahead of them.

• rougegoat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How in the world can they not have added this already? It's been four years since the XB1 launched, and USB headset support was old hat back then. There's no excuse here. Microsoft is failing it's users by refusing to add support for this extremely common kind of headset.

• RockyPancake892 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Pls add support. În have the marvo hg9012 headphones and they do not work on the xbox one but they work perfectly on my windows 10 laptop

• SpaceTerraMoto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Jeez with all the game broadcasting being pushed nowadays you guys still don't offer usb audio. That's plain stupid. Xbox eco system could benefit on so many fronts with this: tons of usb dacs for great movie sounds, microsoft music offerings, games, game broadcasting (mixer!!!) making use of the tons of awesome usb mics out there, game chat with brilliant usb mic sound or external recording gear... it's all out there and affordable, just Microsoft isn't listening behind their closed door :-(
    C'mon even wallet garden Apple makes use of basic input/output these days, not to mention Sony PS who are becoming more and more attractive to us.

• Ashrunner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In addition to USB support, I don't understand why "party" chat through speaker was added, but not "game chat" through speaker. On games like Overwatch, where game chat is frequently used, it is impossible to use optical audio out on the xbox because as soon as you hook up a mic to the controller, game chat can ONLY go through the controller (not through optical out)

with party chat, you can now send audio through your speaker/optical. 360 had both party and game chat through speaker. Is this an oversight on xbox one? Is there someone who understands the distinction and is working on this? I get worried because I've contacted support and was told the feature was already added. It hasn't been, however. Party chat and game chat are DIFFERENT.

• el Chimchim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

After i did the math, i went Sony this gen but i used to be Xbox in the first place, OG and 360. I lost a few gaming bros after i went Sony and i could see myself buying the X but common... This USB thing is pure nonsense.

• Tsw1zzless commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

im tired this console problems im done im gonna buy ps4
    its not hard make a software for usb headphones ....

• Mailman58 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft.. I am really considering the new Xbox One X but if it does not support USB headset then forget it. I will just stick with my XBone. Sad that you want to make Xbox more like a PC but yet don't give the option.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 26 27

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base