Find ideas for hardware or accessory improvements or hardware ideas

USB Microphone and Headset Support

Well, using a USB microphone or USB headset on the Xbox One and the Xbox 360 would be very nice! I have got the Astro a50 headset (which is wireless) but I have to use the mic cable so it's not wireless anymore... I think MANY people would love this feature :) The drivers are already on the PC and have been there for a LONG time, so please do something with it! It would be easy for everybody! :)

3,290 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Hi5 Krizzy shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

557 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Pika The Fox commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. Literally the only reason i use my PS4 more than my Xbox One is because i can stream on my PS4 with my USB headset, and not waste another $80+ on buying the damn adapter and a new headset that would be compatible.

• DustyVonWinkle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this feature, I have a Blue Snowball Ice usb Mic that's ready to go. Having the ability to control the system over the mic; as well as the use of Cortana would be great. They should add this feature and gear it/develop it to act as their competition against Google Home, Amazon Alexa and the other voice controlled devices out there. Come on Microsoft, focus more on enabling features and less on disabling.

• TwelveBarBlues commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Given the fact that the Kinect and the Kinect adapters are no longer being produced, NOT having support for USB microphones for voice control use on an Xbox is really shortsighted. I know that product maps change over time but this request has been here for 3 and a half years now. We are looking at moving to a 4k setup and I would buy a new Xbox One S right now if I knew that we wouldn't lose voice control for the TV/video apps. You have something good going right now. Don't drive people way because of a failure to port over drivers from the desktop OS branch.

• b1gz14 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a fantastic feature! I honestly don't know why this hasn't been added yet because more options are always great.

• Rixcht commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with other people and btw PlayStation already had this set up for a while and why which mainly from Microsoft which own Xbox and it is a main product for gamers and why be so far behind and when PS is ahead and fails to compete on some of the things such as headset for usb and it is time for MS to wake up and get with the program

• Grayfox OG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's time to add this. A great deal of us have USB headsets that we go between devices with. Your unified OS is going to have to include USB peripherals.

• THE ARMED 501st commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just bought a Logitech g430 and was expecting to play some games correctly after putting it off forever but oh no can’t even do that because xbox doesn’t support USB??? Then what’s the USB even for?

• un2san commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is officially 2018 and this still isn't a thing. This was posted in 2014 and has over 3k votes. Why isn't this being implemented?

• oKeN x killer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just bought the Razer kraken 7.1 chrome usb and I thought they work but when I read about it more .I just noticed that the usb headset don't work on Xbox which is bull because how come the ps4 has usb support and the Xbox doesn't so it's stupid but ow well I have to refund them and find a suitable headset for Xbox know this is great fix it Microsoft I am very unhappy know and I am think to change to ps4.

• KADAMY commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd love to have usb headset support on the Xbox One. It just seems more efficient than plugging into the controller.

• Evo963 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can you please do something about this, definitely switching over to ps4 if this continues to not work

• FatBassPlayer9 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PS4 has support for it for a long time now. Don't know why Xbox can't do it! It runs basicly on Windows 10 that already has the support. I don't believe that's really complicated for Microsoft to do it.

• Simbuilt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just bought a new headset, (HyperX Cloud II) I'd love to use the surround sound for games but the USB input is not compatible with Xbox, wasted £90 on this headset, please Microsoft/Xbox make it compatible! Update your drives!

• CJLogix commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes please! i got an astro 50 headset, and the cord that connects to the controller, never has a good enough connection so i have twist the cord around until, the people in my party chat can hear me.
    If i accidentally touch the cord, my connection disappears, Cmon Microsoft! Ps4 has this already setup, just patch it in already!

• wldtygronredbul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I completely agree...fully wireless shoukd be easy. I had a set of Turtle beach 420x that only used a usb dongle and that was perfect until they broke. So if that was solely usb, why are my new headsets requires to plug into my wireless controller?

• Xploziven commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just got the Razer Kraken Chroma V2 because it was a headset ive always wanted,but i dont want to buy another just to hear things on xbox

• inteLLiSniper commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just picked up a SteelSeries Arctis 7 USB wireless headset and it doesn't work without the wire attached... Wish I found this thread first! :( Headphones are not returnable from where I bought them.

• BodyShottyy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft will announce usb microphone and headset support at the same time they announce there brand new usb headset

← Previous 1 3 4 5 27 28

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base