Find ideas for hardware or accessory improvements or hardware ideas

USB Microphone and Headset Support

Well, using a USB microphone or USB headset on the Xbox One and the Xbox 360 would be very nice! I have got the Astro a50 headset (which is wireless) but I have to use the mic cable so it's not wireless anymore... I think MANY people would love this feature :) The drivers are already on the PC and have been there for a LONG time, so please do something with it! It would be easy for everybody! :)

3,529 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Hi5 Krizzy shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

585 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • WRAPPED N BLACK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I purchased the most expensive headset not being it was expensive, BUT BECAUSE it was the most comfortable headset i COULD FIND SINCE I GAME for hours. HOWEVER, my XBOX X does not support the wireless USB. i have to hook it up to my controller!!!! ARE WE STILL IN 2006.

XBOX, i hope you are listening to your fans. IF YOU DO NOT SUPPORT USB HEADSETS THAN I WILL SWITCH TO PS4 FOREVER !!!! you are losing people everyday because of this. i love XBOX AND I FOUGHT FOR YOU FOR YEARS, BUT ITS BECOMING LESS AND LESS THAT I WANT TOO.....

60 days and I am leaving your console.

my name is WRAPPED N BLACK AND I GAME EVERYDAY!!!!

• Mr Spacely commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My new xbox one x can't use my old kinect without and adapter which they discontinued, won't work with my new USB headset. The competition has no problem with this nor do windows 10 computers. This is marketing programming at its finest making only specific devices compatible with the system to sell outdated headset products. In this case only stereo headsets with their adaptors or basic aux input. Terrible software on the "most powerful console"

• Solid Agent47 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

People, it hurts me to say it but its 2018 and it didn't happen and probably won't.
    We are a year and 7 months away for the new generation consoles to be revealed, so if this issue was not resolved from the launch day until now, it lost its purpose and no use to talk about it further more.

• RyanBlaine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to have the option to use my razer man o wars wireless 7.1 headset for my Xbox one x. They are a fantastic headset!

All they need to do is add a driver to the USB port and bam! Everyone with a USB headset even ones with a wireless transmitter will be happy!

Sony has done this as everyone knows. It's very disappointing and frustrating.

I do hope they read this forum and hear our plea!

• halfecaste commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have headphones that require an amp to drive and the set up to get things working through my controller is a mess. The simple driver support (already in windows 10) would make gaming a little more bearable. If the entire xbox library was available cross-platform on their PC end I would almost never use my xbox for this one reason.

• LifeTilt88 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How is this still not a thing? Free-sync, 1440p, HDR.... all this techy goodness and they still are locking down the usb ports? It's killing the markets ability to develop high end headphones/mics etc...

• HDCoreX commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just switched from ps4 to xbox one x primarily because more of my sons friends use xbox. To my surprise it doesn't support basic usb sound. I mean wtf! 1984 called they want thier console and agenda back.

• Melo141 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Spent $190 on my head set and don’t work time to go back to ps4 nought said. Having a product that has USB but can’t use USB headset is like having a having a computer with out a keyboard. If you only new how disappointing this is. I strongly regret buying Xbox one

• iLXeNk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Xbox is literally the only console that won't support USB headsets. I have a headset that works on PS3/PS4/Nintendo Switch!/and PC. But it doesn't work on Xbox... Something is wrong with this picture. Give us USB headset support already!

• MavrikRyne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How in the world do you not support a usb headset is beyond ridiculous! And they even claim on the xbox one x that it’s the most powerful console and closest to pc graphics you can get in a console and you can’t even support a basic component that many people would like to use. I just don’t get it..

• S4iNT MEMENTO commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have just receive my new Steelseries arctis pro and off course the usb chat is not supported. IS IT DAMN POSSIBLE THAT THIS POST IS 4 YEARS OLD AND NO ONE ANSWER? There’s an entire community asking you this feature that should cost you just 5 minutes of working on it?? This is a non-friendly policy

• Kail UK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Nearly 4 years since this was first posted and still no support for USB Mic and Headsets. Seriously, how is this still being asked for after all this time.

• PopeJustice commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

steelseries just announced their arctis pro line which is a revamp of the siberia 800's. This headset is incompatible with the xbox because you have to license chat over USB and the xbox offers no means of connecting via bluetooth. The lack of this feature is irritating and costing Xbox consumers choices when it comes to peripherals. As the smallest market share holder in the gaming space i would think the goal would be to try and be as inviting as possible for people who want to develop accessories for your device.

• redbaronjk89 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please I very well so agree with this I have been a loyal Microsoft person myself and found it to be almost disrespectful that they would keep the contract with Turtle Beach for the USB sound capabilities after all your customers that by your systems your games and all your content are the ones to keep your company going we are the one supporting your company but yet we spend hundreds of dollars on headsets that we cannot use on the newer systems that have more then the capabilities to send sound through USB

• W00d1and3R commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If Microsoft is thinking that by not adding this feature, they are making money because people will buy the adaptor, they are sadly very wrong. I do not know of any way to get a USB only headset to work both the mic and audio by using the adaptor. There are literally thousands of people who have USB only headsets that would love to use them on their Xbox One, but they can't. Once again, please fix this issue.

I think I can speak for all of us when I say that I'd pay a decent amount of money for this feature. Read StiffRocker's comment. That is my situation as well. My girlfriend bought me a nice headset that doesn't work with my Xbox One S. Now we are both left feeling crappy because I would really rather not take back a gift that she picked out for me. All because Xbox One can't simply support a USB only headset like ANY computer can. I'm sure I'm not the only one who doesn't want to buy Xbox anymore solely because of this reason. And including it only on the next generation is just a way to steal our money. Please fix this issue. It would be greatly appreciated by everyone and I'm sure Microsoft could make money if they charge for it.

PLEASE MAKE IT SO I CAN PLUG MY USB ONLY HEADPHONES IN MY XBOX ONE AND HAVE BOTH THE MIC AND AUDIO WORK. I HAVE THE PC DRIVER. PLEASE MAKE IT SO WE CAN DOWNLOAD A PC DRIVER ON OUR XBOX. IT'S ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS THAT WE CAN ONLY CHAT THROUGH THE CONTROLLER. COME ON XBOX!!!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 29 30

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base