Find ideas for hardware or accessory improvements or hardware ideas

Backward compatibility for wired Xbox 360 controllers on Xbox One

Provide support for some Xbox 360 accessories like racing wheels and arcade sticks. These accessories are expensive and take space, we cannot be buying one for each generation of console.

3,263 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Surge shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

258 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • dead creaper79 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

all I want from Xbox is an backwards compatibility with Xbox 360 controllers, or new controllers that are more durable while keeping most of the Xbox one controller features like 3.5 mm Jack and rumble motors in the triggers.

• Willko commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to be able to use my Xbox 360 wired guitar controllers with Rock Band 4. The Xplorer guitar for the 360 is the best Rock Band/Guitar Hero controller ever made.

They've already made the wireless guitars from the 360 compatible with the use of an extra adapter. It seems silly that we can't use the wired ones.

• Ivan70crazy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The control of the Xbox 360 is of better quality than that of xbox one that has several problems
    The texture of the analog always wears out
    control is fragile
    some come with defective factory Microsoft did not have quality control on their products?

• batman0147 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to use my wireless white 360 controller on my xbox one besides , I'm more use to 360 controllers than xbox one controllers .

• Biobooster77 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wanna use my custom 360 controller which is just laying around gathering dust would love to use a USB wire and be able to plug in in to my XB1 this should have been done from the start?

• DreadtheOmega commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Come on Microsoft, you've gotta add backwards compatible arcade sticks/ fight sticks, especially for the wired one's that use USB. It shouldn't be too difficult to implement them, at the very least the USB arcade sticks and wired controller's.

• Huschka commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Now that Ultra Street Fighter IV and other fighters are backwards compatible and more games (Injustice 2, Tekken 7) are available, making the Xbox 360's fight sticks compatible is a big priority, especially given the relative vacuum of sticks for the Xbox One and Mad Catz going out of business.

• GUGES D commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The old fight pads are a must for me with games like SF and KI. As ok as the Xbox one pad is it's poor for fighters. The old pads are USB so just a driver download please and away we go!

• TTB77 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The wireless wheel is perfect for my casual gaming. Please make this happen !!

• ETH4N1705 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i want this for the game accessories like the guitars for guitar hero etc. then we can get the back compat for them

• D3NN1S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be amazing if MS made this possible. Even wireless with the dongle.

• RetroPietro93 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Honestly surprised this never happened. The Xbox One controller has loose analogue sticks and poor bumpers. The D-Pad however is a lot better.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base