Find ideas for hardware or accessory improvements or hardware ideas

Xbox One Wireless Headset similar to the one for Xbox 360

Like the xbox wireless headsets for the 360, we need one for the one. Just chat, no game sound needs to come through like the pro gaming headsets. We need one just like the old headsets.

6,472 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Mr WillisWillis shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

796 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Sensious commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Welp, in my search to find a wireless chat only head set for my newly purchased Xbox One X similar to BOTH the ones I bought for the 360, I stumble upon this...

I am extremely surprised that this doesn't exist... why doesn't this exist?! At least why cant the older ones be back wards compatible? I soo confused. Why? I need this.

• madgame1982 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please make it to where the Xbox one can use a single wireless earpiece similar to the Xbox 360. Similar to comments below, wearing a whole headset makes me feel hot and annoyed. I cannot believe we can't just simply use the old earpieces that were made for xbox360. At least... at least make it wear an affordable one is capable in doing so. By far the worse failure to date.. if it wasnt for the kinnect where I can talk thru the tv, I probably wouldn't continue to buy Xbox products. I'm that irate about it..

• B4ck Str4p commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Bluetooth style earpiece wireless headset please. I don't believe this is to much to ask for Microsoft. The other headsets mess up your hair and are to hot.

• FJN Ripper commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Jesus I lost hope as soon as I started reading comments. Really the headset which you made for 360 was so awesome. The black was my favourite. You got all these terra flops of crap but you cant make a decent wireless chat only headset.

• LETOURT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Come on we need a wireless microphone chat like the xbox360 or please just do an update to be able to use the xbox360 wireless chat mic on the xbox one

• II millenium II commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oh, and in the meanwhile, there's an option out there, it's very bad one, but it might be okay for some people. Use the Xbox app on Win10, then create the party there and use a generic Bluetooth mic hook it up to the PC. Many downsides, but if you're desperate it's a "solution" till MS makes (?) a proper solution.

• II millenium II commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just bought a Xbox one x (mic not included) and hooked in my wired mic from my old Xbox one, didn't even work with the Scorpio controller! And there's not even a wireless option yet, something that was around on the Xbox 360. Why is the development going backwards into the future with Microsoft? PS4 has a wireless in ear piece for a long time. Don't you see that this is what the market want's MS? We don't want the lucid option for 100$ when we should have a ~30$ option in ear piece with voice chat only. Just make it, 6400 votes should be enough!

• italian82 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Make a wireless headset for Xbox one S/X that is like the bluetooth type of headset you made for the 360!! Im tired of having to take out my earbuds when I need to use the bathroom, make some food, answer the door or whatever else!!!!

• Bracht commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There's a VERY simple answer as to why MS doesn't make a decent wireless ( or wired for that matter) headset. Licensing. They make BOATLOADS on every Xbox branded 3rd party product sold. Turtlebeach has made a fortune lying to peoples ears with 7.1 surround sound headsets.

• RoliC2 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

come on microsoft.. xbox one x around the corner and still this stupid headset with WIRE?! really? we're in 2017 not 1980!

• King JJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I cannot believe still no mention of this with the futuristic 4K machine Xbox One X, wow, just wow.....again!!!!

• WARRIOR I M commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is it time for a new thread? Contact Larry Hyrb- Major Nelson directly on Xbox Live and give him a hyperlink to this thread. How is the only option to team chat- a Kinect ( where others hear and chime in on the conversations of ur house, 2) a $500 headset that costs as much as your console, or a tethered headset that adds wires to a situation where wires have no advantage? 2005-12 years ago there was tech to support a mono speaker wireless headset. Playstation even has one. DEMAND BETTER FROM XBOX. This situation is sooo *** idk if I should laugh historically or cry. ABSURDITY

• KiLLaBushWooKiE commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

still... late 2017 and no wireless chat piece, what a joke. I bet the xbox one x comes or has a wired piece of crap voice headset LOL

• Halfof840 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How is this not a thing? How do we keep going backwards? It took three years to add background audio to the Xbox One, while the 360 had that at launch. Now we are back to annoying wired headsets or third party nonsense? Microsoft, please get it together and make this wireless headset.

• RasputinX commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just picked up a pair of Turtle Beach Stealth 700s...haven't used them in anger yet, but they seem alright...for a hundrend and fifty bucks I could wish for something that feels and looks a bit more...well, less shiny plastic and more discretely rubberized matte finish would have been welcome.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 39 40

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base