Find ideas for hardware or accessory improvements or hardware ideas

Xbox One Wireless Headset similar to the one for Xbox 360

Like the xbox wireless headsets for the 360, we need one for the one. Just chat, no game sound needs to come through like the pro gaming headsets. We need one just like the old headsets.

6,597 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Mr WillisWillis shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

810 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • KageShinobi420 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seriously how come you guys haven't made one yet? The wireless headset on the 360 the one that wrapped around your ear was AMAZING. Make a version for the one already. XBOX you have dropped the ball these last few years, come on get your act together.

• TOMMEE HAWK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I know why there is no chat headset for us. Whats the difference between the 360 and One? Kinect. They thought (originally) if they dont offer a 360 type of chat headset that we will buy the stupid Kinect for wireless chat. Problem is the Kinect went away, but its too late now to fabricate one 5 years in. No return on that investment, so we get to game like Fred Flintstone.

• Lord Midas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The controller is wireless, yet we have to make do with poxy wires hanging from our head to our controller. Come on Xbox boys and girls, give us the classic little wireless headset back please (the single ear ear piece)

• Wwv WOLF vwW commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

​A couple years after 360 was released, my wife and I found the most perfect gaming headset for our setup (Xbox 360 Wireless Bluetooth Gaming Headset WH01 Official) we’ve been enduring the annoyance of cable headsets and over the ear headphones in anticipation of something comparable for the XBox One and are surprised that after 5 years there still isn’t anything as convenient. Are we the only people who loved those? Is there ever going to be anything like that? The kind that came with the consoles (we have 4 in the same room that we game with as a family) are always breaking, we don’t want to use full headphones because we want to be able to talk to each other in the same room without yelling or broadcasting, so we are enduring these awful Turtle Beach one ear ones with the mute button randomly placed on the chord making rapid comm on/off switching comparably clumsy and slow.

• Toph Bei Fong commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah this is pretty dumb. There is no good reason for them to not have created a wireless headset for chatting.

• Suntura commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree this is a huge oversight by Microsoft. I actually have a Turtle Beach Stealth 500X which was the first completely wireless headset for the Xbox one purely for this reason. Can't stand the cable between controller and headset, especially as it breaks so easily. If they had produced a wireless chat set like for the 360 I would have bought one instantly. Clear demand for this, and I can't understand why they don't want to fulfill it.

• LiLNinjaHamster commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I see quite a few comments asking for the Bluetooth designed headset from 2011, I have to disagree, I would prefer the original design from 2005/6, it had great comfortability and the design is far more consumer friendly with everyone's ears being different.

MS haven't produced the loved wireless headset from the 360 simply because their official wired headset breaks so damn easily, thus it's made them money. I was surprised the Xbox One wasn't launched with a wireless headset to begin with! I guess that's next gens thing..?

• TMZ 91 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

4 years later and they still didn’t do anything...
    Guess we have to wait for the next generation Xbox to get a wireless mic :D

• Trocki commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I had wireless chat on original Xbox thanks to a Logitech wireless chat headset and controller combo that I bought. That was 15 years ago. When I got 360 I immediately picked up the most important accessory as soon as it was available... A wireless xbox 360 chat headset. And still, here I am in 2018 with no wireless chat headset.

But I figured out why we can't have it!

Microsoft knows that we will keep breaking our controllers from standing up to answer the door or go to the bathroom while wearing the wired headset. You get up, controller flies across the room, you buy new controller. Profit! :P

• Sensious commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Welp, in my search to find a wireless chat only head set for my newly purchased Xbox One X similar to BOTH the ones I bought for the 360, I stumble upon this...

I am extremely surprised that this doesn't exist... why doesn't this exist?! At least why cant the older ones be back wards compatible? I soo confused. Why? I need this.

• madgame1982 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please make it to where the Xbox one can use a single wireless earpiece similar to the Xbox 360. Similar to comments below, wearing a whole headset makes me feel hot and annoyed. I cannot believe we can't just simply use the old earpieces that were made for xbox360. At least... at least make it wear an affordable one is capable in doing so. By far the worse failure to date.. if it wasnt for the kinnect where I can talk thru the tv, I probably wouldn't continue to buy Xbox products. I'm that irate about it..

• B4ck Str4p commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Bluetooth style earpiece wireless headset please. I don't believe this is to much to ask for Microsoft. The other headsets mess up your hair and are to hot.

• FJN Ripper commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Jesus I lost hope as soon as I started reading comments. Really the headset which you made for 360 was so awesome. The black was my favourite. You got all these terra flops of crap but you cant make a decent wireless chat only headset.

• LETOURT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Come on we need a wireless microphone chat like the xbox360 or please just do an update to be able to use the xbox360 wireless chat mic on the xbox one

• II millenium II commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oh, and in the meanwhile, there's an option out there, it's very bad one, but it might be okay for some people. Use the Xbox app on Win10, then create the party there and use a generic Bluetooth mic hook it up to the PC. Many downsides, but if you're desperate it's a "solution" till MS makes (?) a proper solution.

• II millenium II commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just bought a Xbox one x (mic not included) and hooked in my wired mic from my old Xbox one, didn't even work with the Scorpio controller! And there's not even a wireless option yet, something that was around on the Xbox 360. Why is the development going backwards into the future with Microsoft? PS4 has a wireless in ear piece for a long time. Don't you see that this is what the market want's MS? We don't want the lucid option for 100$ when we should have a ~30$ option in ear piece with voice chat only. Just make it, 6400 votes should be enough!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 40 41

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base