Find ideas for hardware or accessory improvements or hardware ideas

Bring a Virtual Reality headset to Xbox One

Bring a virtual reality headset to Xbox One.

[Mod Edit: This idea was merged with a similar idea posted by FNG, who specifically called out the Oculus Rift headset. Thanks everyone!]

5,023 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Red Dragon shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

147 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • ZeroAphid469510 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

INSTEAD OF GETTING A LOAN, CHECK OUT THE BLANK ATM CARD IN LESS THAN 24hours {blankatmhaker@gmail.com}
    Am Mark Oscar,I want to testify about Jack Robert blank ATM cards which can withdraw money from any ATM machines around the world. I was very poor before andhave no hope then I saw so many testimony about how Jack Robert send them the ATM blank card and use it to collect money in any ATM machine and become rich. I also email him and he sent me the blank card. I have use it to get 70,000 dollars. withdraw the maximum of $5,000 daily. Jack Robert is giving out the card just to help the poor. Hack and take money directly from any ATM Machine Vault with the use of ATM Programmed Card which runs in automatic mode. email Him on how to get it now via: blankatmhaker@gmail.com or call/Text on +1(406) 350-4986

• Killer Yardie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a Galaxy Note 8 and Samsung Oculus VR note 8 edition, having the Xbox app stream on my phone using the home network would be amazing! I could play games in VR while laying down on my bed. Please make this happen. Also please make the elite controller bluetooth compatible.

• perlevaus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yeah f**kin right, i will have to buy a ps4 systeme to play vr and it *** me off!!!! how come we dont have a little somthing yet from microsoft for my xbox... just tried psvr and i dont think i can wait much longer since nothing was anouced yet , not heaven for 2018....VRVRVRVRVRVRVRVRVRVRVRVRVVVRVRVRVRVRVRVRVRVRVRVRVRVR ASAP pls!!!!!

• KingzWayz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey Microsoft, you dont Need to Show us the world best and coolest Headset. But you can make a nice and exiting Trailer with the slogan "XVR" !!! Wow that will shock the People, comeon trust in you!

• DeceivedSteam5 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So disappointed that MS appears to be favouring Augmented Reality over VR. VR - and especially the prospect of improved VR hardware for gaming is really exciting - it's what I'm holding out for. Augmented Reality is clever, and probably very useful for a host of new apps - but for gaming I'd like to be as immersed as possible in other places and other worlds; surely Virtual Reality is better for that? I nearly bought the PS4 and VR headset, but I decided to wait, hoping for improved hardware to come from another provider. If the latest Xbox included a VR option I would jump on it but it really seems I'm being forced to go with the PS4. Come on Phil Spencer !! Please go with VR. I fear XBox with AR will be like the Vista and Win8 of the Windows family. How about avoiding that mistake and creating an incredible VR experience to blow Sony out of the water? Perhaps put it to a customer vote ? I'm itching to buy a stunning games system with USD $700 to $1000 burning a hole in my pocket! ....but it's just got to have VR :-).

• MaisBoX commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Don't be late to the party again Microsoft, what's the point of new hardware if you can't do new things with it, more pixels is not enough (talking about Xbox one x)

• Snyperwolf commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. Vr is a huge expansion to the gaming world and besides playstations VR, Vr sets are just way too expensive right now. MS needs a comparable VR set.

• EvilTwinGX commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I completly 2nd this idea! I see people saying "No, it's a bad idea, son fanboys will say XBox copied PlayStation", or "No, w ened to be able to use Oculus Rift, HTC Vive, etc".... Honestly, have anyone posting here even SEEN how much mad $ those headset costs in contrast to PlayStation VR?! Set aside that Micro$oft may have HoloLens, which happens to be MixedReality somehow made capable of both Augmented and VirtualRality, but because there's only a developer version is even more expensive than any of thse. I'd much rather Micro$oft learn from their partners looking to develop cheap headsets wth inside-out tracking so they can develop their own for Scorpio. Who cares what PlayStation fanboys say if theyf eel it's copying? it's not a copy in any way because several big companies are joining the wagon, VR is becoming a thing now. Those fans may has well argue that $ony copied Oculus and never learn the truth considering they have hand controllers now, too.

• OneSevenZero commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please make Xbox VR a thing!!! I'm excited too play Resident Evil 7 and any other first person games in Virtual Reality and expand my gaming experience. Plus I don't want to spend another $1,000 to get a PS4 VR(Even though I have been a loyal Microsoft supporter since the Original Xbox).

• I HATE JIM BASS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I feel like Microsoft's "Project Scorpio" is going to involve some sort of VR. Microsoft already has a pretty impressive virtual reality system that they demonstrate in Microsoft retail stores.

• ChaseGamer84 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love a VR headset, but i have a different idea called Xbox One P (Xbox One Portable).

• ErebustheFOX commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I recently had the chance to play the demo for Batman on PS4 at a local best buy. I must say I was rather impressed with the graphics and controls but I currently don't own a PS4. As a long time Xbox fan if there was a hope for VR on Xbox in the near future I would stick with it but for now I'm considering getting a PS4 in January.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base