Find ideas for hardware or accessory improvements or hardware ideas

Bring a Virtual Reality headset to Xbox One

Bring a virtual reality headset to Xbox One.

[Mod Edit: This idea was merged with a similar idea posted by FNG, who specifically called out the Oculus Rift headset. Thanks everyone!]

5,476 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Red Dragon shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

155 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • KlLLA SAM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would change from PS4 Pro to Xbox one x if the Microsoft mixed reality headsets would work on Xbox one x. VR is a major factor for me purchasing psvr. I think Xbox can go one better.

• xXMike101Xx commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Xbox has to make a VR headset for their console this generation to compete with their rival, PlayStation.

• T3RRAF0RM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this could increase Xbox one X sales. Imagine playing forza horizon 3 or elite dangerous in VR

• DR4G0N72 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hmmm.... it would be great if Microsoft didn't have to shell out a fortune in R&D and yet managed to bring the best in VR to the XBOX platform....... why not have a nice chat with the boys down at Occulus .... they have produced an amazing VR for Samsung phones.... think what they could do for the XBOX OneX .... they have a good number of in-house games already (check out To go Recall and the climb) .... this would give a MAJOR reason for current One and One S owners to upgrade Now.... the hardware already has a great level of software support... and as their "Flagship" headset... the Rift now sells for £350.... the cost is not prohibitive....
    To put that in terms that even the hard of understanding could grasp...
    Low investment (as Occulus would no doubt love a "captive market)
    In bringing an amazing product with an existing and established library of AAA titles
    To eager and anticipating customers... at the upright price point....
    Remind me..... where is the down side?

• moviecut commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft already has their AR Headset program. They should make them compatible, at least to the one x!

• Killer Yardie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a Galaxy Note 8 and Samsung Oculus VR note 8 edition, having the Xbox app stream on my phone using the home network would be amazing! I could play games in VR while laying down on my bed. Please make this happen. Also please make the elite controller bluetooth compatible.

• perlevaus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yeah f**kin right, i will have to buy a ps4 systeme to play vr and it *** me off!!!! how come we dont have a little somthing yet from microsoft for my xbox... just tried psvr and i dont think i can wait much longer since nothing was anouced yet , not heaven for 2018....VRVRVRVRVRVRVRVRVRVRVRVRVVVRVRVRVRVRVRVRVRVRVRVRVRVR ASAP pls!!!!!

• KingzWayz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey Microsoft, you dont Need to Show us the world best and coolest Headset. But you can make a nice and exiting Trailer with the slogan "XVR" !!! Wow that will shock the People, comeon trust in you!

• DeceivedSteam5 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So disappointed that MS appears to be favouring Augmented Reality over VR. VR - and especially the prospect of improved VR hardware for gaming is really exciting - it's what I'm holding out for. Augmented Reality is clever, and probably very useful for a host of new apps - but for gaming I'd like to be as immersed as possible in other places and other worlds; surely Virtual Reality is better for that? I nearly bought the PS4 and VR headset, but I decided to wait, hoping for improved hardware to come from another provider. If the latest Xbox included a VR option I would jump on it but it really seems I'm being forced to go with the PS4. Come on Phil Spencer !! Please go with VR. I fear XBox with AR will be like the Vista and Win8 of the Windows family. How about avoiding that mistake and creating an incredible VR experience to blow Sony out of the water? Perhaps put it to a customer vote ? I'm itching to buy a stunning games system with USD $700 to $1000 burning a hole in my pocket! ....but it's just got to have VR :-).

• MaisBoX commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Don't be late to the party again Microsoft, what's the point of new hardware if you can't do new things with it, more pixels is not enough (talking about Xbox one x)

• Snyperwolf commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. Vr is a huge expansion to the gaming world and besides playstations VR, Vr sets are just way too expensive right now. MS needs a comparable VR set.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base