Find ideas for hardware or accessory improvements or hardware ideas

Bluetooth support

Add Bluetooth support to give gamers the option to use their headset to chat through Bluetooth

[Mod edit: This idea was merged with a similar post from +AwesomeAdam0305. Thanks, everyone!]

9,868 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

ACEGHOSTlll shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

469 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • TheDragonsLord commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why is it so hard to make a single ear wireless Mic that's.
    All of like to see. The 360 had it and it was awesome

• Luceferion commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. I have no idea what they were smoking when the deceided to go back wired. I refuse to put on such a contraption of a headset. There are people with a decent surround system. What were you thinking??? Next generation going back wired.

• King JJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And still nothing with the new futuristic, 4K, top of the line, most powerful machine out there the Xbox One X lol

• IcyHokum commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What is it with XBox1 and Bluetooth? Why is this not standard functionality! Please, make this available or at least give a realistic reason why the company does not support it. Thanks

• M3tal Daz3 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are a few posts regarding this suggestion. It will be better if you join votes

• Skeeter Quill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think an official Bluetooth adapter would be preferable. Not that many people really need it so you'd just be spending more money needlessly to add it into the console.

• Athal Ward 088 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Since the 3rd Gen S controller (with built in bluetooth), this idea is pretty viable. Just sync your BT headphones to your 3rd gen controller and there you go!

• SwordofWhedon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Since the other guy answered the technical issue, Bose is not top of the line. No one who knows anything about audio equipment will touch their products. Go into an actual high end audio shop, not a box store like Best Buy, and see if there's a single Bose product in the place, and hear the laughter if you ask. They're cheap junk, some products literally using the same parts as radio shack store brands in the past. Their "sound module" can't legally be called a subwoofer because it's too small and can't actually achieve those frequencies. They just have millions in marketing behind it. "No highs, no lows, it must be Bose".

• AP0L0 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Do you people not realize that the Xbox one does NOT have BLUETOOTH in it, so how would they just make it happen. What you should ask for is USB BT dongles support.

• sp senna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

no wonder the xbox one sold 30 millions and the ps4 60 millions. the ps4 is for the gamers. and i was such an idiot and bought the xbox one. already sold my logitech g930 headset to a ps4 user, cause he can just plug and play. good morning xbox team! its already 2017! shame on you!

• BigBob115 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i hate the cable from headset to controller i haaaaaattteeeee it !!!! i just want to chat without cables !!!!...i think it`s time .... it´s a ``must have`` for xbox one systems !!! ....i would say since the beginning.... !!!!! please implement it soon !!!

• PunkWannaB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to either have a USB enabled chat headset, or a wireless Bluetooth headset that can charge and play via USB. I had a generic wireless headset and a $110 Turtle Beach 420+ chatset. I NEVER could get the chat function to work on either. The volume knobs on both were very tiny and cumbersome. It would be epic-awesome if Microsoft/Turtle Beach/whoever designed a truly wireless chatset for the XBOX one/360 variants. with 2 guitar-***-sized volume knobs -one for game audio and the other for chat audio. Perhaps a third *** for microphone sensitivity. Detachable USB microphones would be awesome. I found the 3.5mm detachable microphones clumsy. I prefer (rocker) switches to turn on the chatset. I HATE that you have to hold a button for 5 seconds to turn something on - some of these buttons are hard to feel for. I know it all sounds retro - rocker switches, guitar knobs, but its nice to know something is ON. Lawnmowers don't have "soft" buttons, come on let's "man up" the hardware!

• Poe Boy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hell, my heaphones cord almost strangled me, trying to switch sides. that wired thing to the controller is killing my AA batteries because i watch a lot of tv on my xbox. they already have the volume option with wired but a wireless would be golden.

• JoE TwEaKn MANE commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

ha yo get a usb bluetooth stick or most headsets support bluetooth n yes its possible to mke n Xbox Bluetooth compatible

• CollectCord commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I HATE TO SAY THIS BUT YALL ARE STUPIDEST PEOPLE ON EARTH GO TO AMAZON AND
    GET A PLUG AND PLAY BLUETOOTH DONGLE THAY START AT $5.99 AND GO UP TO $50
    AND THAY WORK WITH ALMOST ALL DEVICE WITH A USB AND BLUETOOTH TRANSMITTER

← Previous 1 3 4 5 23 24

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base