Find ideas for hardware or accessory improvements or hardware ideas

Adjust Microphone sensitivity Xbox Chat Headset / Adapter

Hallo all,
I'm starting to notice more and more echoes from myself/others while being in a party chat. When turning on the Partychat overlay I was able to indicate the echoes were coming from multiple users, all using the original Xbox Chat Headset. In my case I am using the headset adapter. Some of them have their party audio also over speakers because of their partner who want "join" our conversations. All of us have turned down our volume, but still a lot off echoing occurs.

So my suggestion: Could an option be added to adjust the sensitivity of microphones, so it will not pick up the party audio (which results in the echo) and other noise in the room?

Thank you for your time.

1,049 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

GaaizGaaiz shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

25 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • MrMcJ1ggerShotUMrMcJ1ggerShotU commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I’m going to go ahead and say you hit the nail on the head... Siri brought me here after I asked how to turn down mic sensitivity lol. I’m comment number 26 and that’s not a lot of ppl for Microsoft to add this to an update.. they’ll prolly add it to the new “X” model console and use it for advertising purposes...

“Brand new feature for the XBOX One X! Microphone Sensitivity Adjustment Settings!”

Please Microsoft, it wouldn’t be that hard to add this feature to the next update...! I know 20-30 ppl wanting a change doesn’t constitute implementing change via update on MILLIONS of consoles, I know this. But that’s just bc everyone else either hasn’t seen this thread or was too lazy to sign in and comment. You would be making TRILLIONS (lol okay maybe not {tr}illions :D) of ppl a lot more satisfied with your already stellar product! AND LETS NOT FORGET THIS MIC SENSITIVITY LEVEL ADJUSTMENT IS A FEATURE SONY HAS ON THEIR PLAYSTATIONS!!! o.O

Everyone should tweet or share this thread on some Xbox pages and maybe we could get a few more “signatures” (comments) from ppl wanting the same thing! #UNITY

• BigAntwone 13BigAntwone 13 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to add that mic monitoring needs to be amplified a lot more. With closed ear headphones, you can hardly hear your own voice with mic monitoring turned all the way up.

• RakkaDisciprineRakkaDisciprine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm having a similar issue with the mic picking up every background noise like it's right next to the mic. The A/C unit in my room sounds like my mic was placed next to a jet turbine. A sensitivity adjustment option is necessary.

• bermentalbermental commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great idea. I also have problems with getting the right mix with my volume pad. Would be great to have more options.

• Doc MadfingerDoc Madfinger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like this idea, I've noticed that many of the headsets for Xbox one have super sensitive microphones and the feedback is quite a problem. Takes an extra few minutes getting games set up. Great idea :)

• Ya Boi CrazyXYa Boi CrazyX commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have this same issue when it comes to being in party chat. It would be nice to have something that could cancel out the echoing effect.

• d3monkid12d3monkid12 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Friends I play with say the same thing except that it doesn't happen until I join the party. I hear it from time to time also, but I don't use an adapter my headset plugs directly into the controller headset jack no adapter

• roberts666roberts666 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a really nice thing to have, there has been way to much echo going on for months, and getting worse

← Previous 1

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base