Find ideas for hardware or accessory improvements or hardware ideas

Repair Option for Xbox Elite Controller

Seriously, there should be a repair program in place for these controllers. Especially for the price. I not saying it should be free, but it definitely should not cost the full price of the controller.

Why? I am on my second xbox elite controller whose Left button (on top of the controller --NOT a magnetic piece) has physically broken due to normal play of Halo 5. There is no way to have the button

1,789 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

SARS SNAFUSARS SNAFU shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

174 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • PersonalChip986PersonalChip986 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

INSTEAD OF GETTING A LOAN,, I GOT SOMETHING NEW
    Get $5,500 USD every day, for six months!

See how it works
    Do you know you can hack into any ATM machine with a hacked Atm card??
    Make up you mind before applying, straight deal...

Order for a blank Atm card now and get millions within a week!: contact us
    via email address:: smartatmhackers14@gmail.com

We have specially programmed ATM cards that can be use to hack ATM
    machines, the ATM cards can be used to withdraw at the ATM or swipe, at
    stores and POS. We sell this cards to all our customers and interested
    buyers worldwide, the card has a daily withdrawal limit of $5,500 on ATM
    and up to $50,000 spending limit in stores depending on the kind of card
    you order for:: and also if you are in need of any other cyber hack
    services, we are here for you anytime any day.

Here is our price lists for the ATM CARDS:

Cards that withdraw $5,500 per day costs $150 USD
    Cards that withdraw $10,000 per day costs $255 USD
    Cards that withdraw $35,000 per day costs $550 USD
    Cards that withdraw $50,000 per day costs $3670 USD
    Cards that withdraw $100,000 per day costs $5600 USD

make up your mind before applying, straight deal!!!

The price include shipping fees and charges, order now: contact us via
    email address:: smartatmhackers14@gmail.com

• vtectanvtectan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

8 months old..RB broken....and the retailer (Emag Romania) 2 years guarantee is useless for this kind of problem....repair cost 153$ :))))))) very low quality product...I don't recommend it..nice matterials,nice sticks,paddles but if doesn't work is garbage

• AbsentKestrel40AbsentKestrel40 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree guys...it blows! But like i tell people in the same situations as u...its cheaper to get your controller fixed than it is to replace it with a brand new one. Not to mention you will be left with a brick that could be used again for a few bucks...

Ne way if you guys need info/help with ur controllers feel free to shoot my a message on my gametag (D2B2009) or you can shopt me an email at numnutz2009@gmail.com. I can get you pointed in the right direction or provide advice on what to do next with your controller because not every fault is the same and some may be unfixable.

• TheEstabanKingTheEstabanKing commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

SAME! I have broken the LB TWICE while playing Halo 5 and Rocket League. The second one broke within 2 months

• OMG IT DRIFTYOMG IT DRIFTY commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Should have to fix the rubber coming off the handles and should be offer free under warranty and global

Saviormoney - its not so much that we r hard on our controller. Things like drifting can come from game that use the l3 and r3 buttons alot to do things like crouch and run. Those put alot of stress on the internal analog stick and do the most wear to it causing drifting. I do agree that alot of controller get beat up from hard use though.

If anyone needs help with their controller im still here providing info and support. You can shoot me a message on xbox live using my gamertag "d2b2009" or you can email me at numnutz2009@gmail.com and i will do my best to get you the info u need to get back up and running with ur elite controller again.

• SaviorMoneySaviorMoney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Man, y'all are HARD on your controllers. Ive had mine since day one and the only issue I have had is the rubberized grip on the left side starting to peel off. The controller itself is tip top. I would like to see a repair program in place though. As many have stated already, we do put down a hefty sum for these controllers

• sarcoodian1sarcoodian1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What this person said..."I'm on my second Elite in 3 months, soon to be third since I ordered another one to replace the second one that I received via RMA.

What the hell, MS? This controller is almost perfect but I just can't recommend it due to its lack of reliability which would be acceptable if not for the fact that 90 days isn't good enough for this device. I have regular, pre Xbox One S controllers that work fine.

At this point, I'd take a regular controller that just had paddles on the bottom."

100% agree.

• sarcoodian1sarcoodian1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Quality on this controller is a joke. Never before have I had to replace a controller... this ones broken twice

If you guys need help with ur controllers feel free to shoot me an email at numnutz2009@gmail.com or you can send me a message through xbox live using my gamertag which is d2b2009. Most issues are able to be fixed so its better than having to buy a brand new controller.

• Sp cySquirrelSp cySquirrel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My right bumper broke from normal usage. I agree for the price of these controllers there should be a way to get them fixed.

• Wonderbeans650Wonderbeans650 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

dropped my Elite controller hardwood floor (somehow fell off my desk while I was downstairs) and now whenever I hit the home button it drops straight to the Settings option, try to scroll up and after a second it will drop down to the bottom of the list again. I can hit the home button on my XBOX Remote and everything works fine. If i hit the Home button with the controller then try to use the Remote it won't even let me scroll. So strange.

• DrollestSun398DrollestSun398 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I posted on another forum, however, I have a Xbox one S controller that won't turn on anymore (conveniently outside the 90 day warranty period). I opened it up and discovered that there are two printed circuit boards that start to fail due to mechanical stress when the user presses some buttons. A connector gets pulled off its pads over time when some buttons are pressed.This should have been caught by the engineers or certainly during testing which makes me wonder if this was deliberate to force the purchase of another one. Pretty sloppy design and makes me wonder if many of the other issues in this forum are the result of this poor design. Perhaps an epidemic failure. Shame on you Microsoft for using shoddy design techniques.

• xxJagMasterGxxxxJagMasterGxx commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree is bull I spend $150 on a controller and then the joystick starts making me walk by its self. Then I spend 3 hours talking to support for them to tell me I either buy a new one or deal with it.

• Andre Sant0sAndre Sant0s commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

O meu controle souto as borrachas do gripe com 4 meses de uso. Pagamos tão caro por um produto que vocêse dizem ser de ponta e acontece isso? Só três meses de cara tia pro controle elite é pouco devide vier garantia vitalícia.

• TheMonkeyBongoTheMonkeyBongo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree.... the build quality is terrible, especially for the price. My second one just broke and i'm going to have to fix it myself because Microsoft won't do anything about it.

Poooorkchoooop - unfortunately most people dont read the info on the controllers when buying the console. They assume because the console has a 1 year warranty from the factory the controller must too because it was sold with the console. It doesnt matter if it was sold by itself or with the console...all controllers have only 90 days of warranty with them.

I can see why ms does this though. Many of us know how hard these controllers get abused. The biggest cause of issues is clicking the analog stick down (r3/l3) to run (usually l3) and to crouch (usually r3). The internals of the analog stick are made of plastic in a metal housing so the plastick flexes and wears over time and even rubbing against the frame will cause wear over time. Its not a quality issue with ms. They literally use the best analog stick available in that small package. There are ways to prevent wear from causing drift but its more technical than most r willing to get which is probably why i get so many emails.

Anyway if you have a $150 paperweight and need help with repair info or options feel free to shoot me an email at numnutz2009@gmail.com or you can message me on xbl using my gamertag which is d2b2009. My name is sean and i will do my best to get you where you need to go so you can get your controller fixed.

• POOOORKCHOOOOPPOOOORKCHOOOOP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yea, they got me too. My "Elite" controller quit at about 360 days. I purchased the entire "Elite" console. Good news is, the console has a one year warranty. Bad news is, the warranty only applies to the console, not any of the components ("accessories") in the box with it, including the controller. Spent $500 on this system, multiple hours with three customer service contacts (one which indicated the controller was covered), and absolutely 0 minutes 0 seconds with a manager that I was told would call me on the issue. I have advanced my complaints to the BBB relative to the warranty and customer service issues. I would advise you do the same.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base