Find ideas for hardware or accessory improvements or hardware ideas

Repair Option for Xbox Elite Controller

Seriously, there should be a repair program in place for these controllers. Especially for the price. I not saying it should be free, but it definitely should not cost the full price of the controller.

Why? I am on my second xbox elite controller whose Left button (on top of the controller --NOT a magnetic piece) has physically broken due to normal play of Halo 5. There is no way to have the button

1,494 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

SARS SNAFUSARS SNAFU shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

144 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • gamerscorehuntrgamerscorehuntr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've just fallen victim to the peeling rubber grip issue, and like everyone else here, due to being outside of the warranty period microsoft support could do nothing for me. This is disheartening because it is a really good product and i was enjoying it, but for the cost of what i paid for it i expect better. A product like this that one of it's key features was its durability and craftsmanship shouldn't have a lower lifespan than the default controller that came with my console. I make an effort to take care of my things, especially technology related, but yet these issues still arose and now im stuck with an expensive paperweight. It's just really disappointing and needs to be addressed

• Lost IllusionzLost Illusionz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The fact that Microsoft wont admit that the product has design issues that is very bad for the consumer/gamer. We have two "Elite" controllers in our house both with the peeling rubbber grips issue. If this is how Microsoft deal with a genuine problem maybe it is time to look products that sound like pony!!!

• MohJackkMohJackk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello guys! It's me again. I am just here to thank D2B2009 for doing a fantastic job on my Elite controller. I can't thank him enough for fixing my controller. I mailed him my it on Monday, and he fixed it within two days, and shipped back to me in a perfect condition. It didn't even take 3 days. If you're having problems with your controller please send it to him and I guarantee you, you will be 100% satisfied. Send him an e-mail. Again thank you so much Bro.

• AddiCt3d 2CHa0sAddiCt3d 2CHa0s commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This controller is so frickin' expensive, and the defaults are so poorly made, especially compared to those of the Xbox 360, that I won't buy it for just this reason. The originals wear out fast, and are made with less durable plastic than the 360's. I assume the Elite is the same way. Regardless, I'm not going to spend that much money on a product when the default wears out so easily- - not without the reassurance that quality is taken seriously, like some kind of extended warranty.

• Drago IRIDrago IRI commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No meu caso a borracha de apoio das mãos do lado direito descolou com menos de 9 meses de uso, simplesmente soltando, isto é um erro de produção ou de projeto.

• Xeragon24Xeragon24 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The only issue that really bothers me with my elite controller is the rubber grips peeling off. I would be happy if I could get replacement rubber grips and just glue them myself. These must be really cheap to make so I really don't get why we can't get them anywhere even from a third party.

• Xbox LegendXbox Legend commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

over this side of the pond anything electrical has to have a year warranty minimum I think.

• Tears of Blood4Tears of Blood4 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there still no decision on this? My controller has been broken for a long time. I do not have the money to replace it, I would really appreciate an extension of my warranty. All of my normal controllers are fine. Please, please, do something about this as soon as possible, because I would really actually like to be using this product.

• N0tThatKindofDrN0tThatKindofDr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Left bumper is falling out and it hasn't even been a year. I can't believe the warranty is only 90 days. Not having a standard 1yr warranty shows that Microsoft knows it is selling a product that they don't have faith in.

• Kr3wSkater 90Kr3wSkater 90 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Got one in October, left stick started drifting within 2 weeks, nothing from Ms but I paid for insurance, that's what saved me, now my second has issue number 1, left stick is pretty loose now, I put so much cash in Xbox One and always seems to be me that gets the short end of the stick, I have hope though

• Invicta FideInvicta Fide commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I bought the Elite Controller the day it came out, and I have thoroughly enjoyed it's use, however, I was sad to see the right bumper give out while playing For Honor. Of course this was after the 90 day period had expired. The service representative was very kind, but they said they couldn't do anything and sent me to this post. I really don't want to play with a standard controller again, but I can't afford to spend $150 again for a control that should have lasted me the remainder of this generation. I hope they can help all of us out in some way.

• RavenFellBladeRavenFellBlade commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I feel incredibly lucky that I haven't had any problems with my Elite yet. I'm now paranoid that it will break. I've had it for six months. My right trigger is a little off in sensitivity, and the trigger stop works, but not very well. I don't want to have to buy another one, but I don't want to go back to the standard controller, either. Honestly, I love the Elite!

• XcovXcov commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How many votes/comments are required before Microsoft takes action and replaces all the defective so called "Elite"controllers?

• SneakyDiqueySneakyDiquey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've had 2 faulty Elite controllers both with the same issue, my mic would no longer work on it but I could hear audio through my headset.

Luckily, Microsoft was happy to replace the first and have offered to replace the second. I'm just going through the process of the second one now.

Still annoying though!

• Johnny BoneJohnny Bone commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you're in the UK then your Elite Controller has 12 months warranty thanks to UK law, I've had 2 new ones since Jan 2016 because of this law.

• ooo SLUG oooooo SLUG ooo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Elite controller is funny to use, but they have a terrible quality. I don't will buy this expensive piece of hardware never more. At the end is not as elite as well.

• gCRISPYoBOMBw28gCRISPYoBOMBw28 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

can't believe I get a we can't do anything bs from support last time I buy something from ms store and what are they thinking at least have a way to pay for it to be fixed smh

• yeaggermiesteryeaggermiester commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My elite controller has had a loose Right Thumbstick since I opened it, 100 days after my mom&dad bought it for me for christmas last year.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base