Find ideas for hardware or accessory improvements or hardware ideas

Repair Option for Xbox Elite Controller

Seriously, there should be a repair program in place for these controllers. Especially for the price. I not saying it should be free, but it definitely should not cost the full price of the controller.

Why? I am on my second xbox elite controller whose Left button (on top of the controller --NOT a magnetic piece) has physically broken due to normal play of Halo 5. There is no way to have the button

1,571 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

SARS SNAFUSARS SNAFU shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

147 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • DW8STRUCTIONDW8STRUCTION commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Real time updates from a real user. I am mailing my controllers off to D2B2009 tomorrow and I'll follow-up when I receive them back.

MS can blow us with this $150 piece of junk.

Update 5/16/17 : D2B2009 is legit, if you're having controller problems I feel bad for you son, I got ninety nine problems but controllers ain't one. Damn you Jay-z.

Either way, the whole exchange is straight forward. Communication the whole time and he got the controllers back to me with in a week. If you are doubting Sean and his work keep looking at the $150 piece of junk on your side table, coffee table or TV stand. Helllllllllllllll any controller for that fact, the price was more than fair, the process was painless and now I basically have two brand new controllers that do not collect dust anymore.

If you're doubt I'm real, swing into Charlotte and we can get after some COD together, otherwise stop talking trash on something you haven't actually done. Sean is honest and straight forward.

• Battlemadman58Battlemadman58 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i have two of these 150.00 controllers on the shelf , 1 left stick, orther will not stay on saying dead battery, a dam repair shop is needed .......

• WickedD365WickedD365 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We NEED this. I just got done jumping through hoops to get them to agree to replace my broken Gears of War Elite controller only to be told I won't get a Gears controller back, but a basic black one and $60 credit.

THIS IS BS! I held out on buying an Elite controller just for the Gears one and now since it's "at the end of it's life cycle" per MS I'm ***. They won't even offer to fix it and send it back.

• DW8STRUCTIONDW8STRUCTION commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Real time updates from a real user. I am mailing my controllers off to D2B2009 tomorrow and I'll follow-up when I receive them back.

MS can blow us with this $150 piece of junk.

• AbsentKestrel40AbsentKestrel40 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Lifeonerth - i agree but like others on the forums what they have now wont be fixed. If they make changes it will apply to new generations of the elite not to older ones. For those folks with older elites you have to use third party repair services and microsofts support even tells you you have 2 options...1. Buy a new controller for $149.99 plus tax...or 2. Pay a repair place to fix whatever the issue is for you.

The grips dont actually peel away or come off. What happens is the rubber stretches and expands. Im assuming it from the heat and sweat from your hands but once its stretched it cant be made to fit on the controller anymore unless you guy the rubber back down to size but even that is an issue because the rubber loses its pre formed shape when it stratches and since its a rigid rubber it if hard to get it to re attach to the controller again.

The best option is to have it replaced with a new one. If you need help doing this feel free to shoot me an email at numnutz2009@gmail.com or you can add me on xbox live...my gamertag is d2b2009 and my name is sean. I get on to test controllers i repaired for customers almost every night so you can usually find me online after 7-8pm eastern time and sometimes before.

• LifeonerthLifeonerth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed- the rubber grip material on my elite controller is peeling off after normal use. It is a great controller, but for half te price of an entire console it should last longer. I still have the original controllers that came with my 360 and they still work, but this "elite" one is falling apart. Fix your quality control issues or offer us repair/refurbishment... Or replacement.

Ripped - if you read previous comments some customers have stated that support told them to contact a 3rd party repair shop to get your controller fixed. Unfortunately ms isnt about repairs...ms is a swap shop that replaces the entire unit with a refurbished one. They do that with all of their products pretty much not just controllers.

If anyone needs help with issues related to their controllers feel free to add me on xbl...my gamertag is D2B2009 and if you want you can shoot me an email at numnutz2009@gmail.com. Give me a brief summary of the issue your having and i can let you know what your options are from there.

• RippedJdoggRippedJdogg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

still waiting for them to take responsibility for making a pos that just comes apart so fast. at least make a place where we can get them fixed. smh

mkay so first thing is first....im blown away by how rude this guy is being. not only that he reported me and got my d2b2009 account banned claiming im posting links to another site which anyone that has seen my posts know im 100% not posting any links to anything. im so annoyed that I have to login to a second Hotmail account I use for ebay just to reply to the outright lies of someone that doesn't even know who I am but here goes!

1....I don't scam. I haven't stolen a single dime or controller from anyone period. anyone that claims I have is a complete moron and wasn't raised properly by their parents. if you had asked me I would have told u in person over chat or anywhere else that I have repaired literally hundreds of controllers for people from these forums. I have done so many repairs if you google D2B2009 guess what the first thing that comes up is?? ME! Not one bad review from anyone. not a single 1! the only bad things being said about me are by you....the person that falsely reported me and claims im this and that when you haven't even bothered trying to contact me. Is it really that hard? or are you hoping to get an easy troll win by reporting people then blasting them and accusing them of *** when they cant reply to you? but to be clear....I have 1 and only one xbox account....d2b2009....you can even add me to party chat if your not too scared to actually have a grown up convo with people. if you rather pretend like your right that's fine as well.

2. the customer pays shipping both ways. do you even know how much I charge to replace an analog stick kid?? I charge $25 and often times shipping is less than $8 but it all depends on your location in the us. I don't make prices up....usps calculates it and spits out the price. the same service I have been providing for the better part of a year on this site costs $39.99 on other sites AND guess what?? they make you pay return shipping both ways too. The margins are so small on these repairs I cant afford to cover shipping. lets say someone wants their bumpers replaced....that's $15 for the bumpers and me to install then. then I pay return shipping which can be anywhere from $7-$12 depending on your location....so your saying im stealing by making literally a few dollars? r u kidding me kid??????

3. your wrong about cleaning analog sticks. I have tried everything under the sun to not replace sticks but once one is worn down the only option IS TO REPLACE THE MODULE WITH A BRAND NEW ONE! period. this wont change. swearing up and down that your right doesn't make you look like any less of a fool. if i had even come close to stealing a single dollar or a single controller do u think people wouldn't post it here? the only one posting negative stuff about me is you and you haven't even bothered contacting me so your comments are based on pure ignorance.

4. this is probably the most ridiculous part....all of these people posting positive things about me are all fake people huh?? do you know how you know that's a lie?? there is no way im spending $60 for xbl for a fake account. ontop of that if you look at each of the posters u will see they have their own gamerscores and have subbed to xbl for however many years. hell my d2b2009 account has a 4 at the bottom which indicated i have had xbl for 4 consecutive years but my account it the better part of a decade old. If you look up this gamertag you will see that i have nothing....so again before posting silliness do some digging or at least contact the person your reporting falsely.

im genuinely blown away by the ignorance here. im downright shocked at how someone can say such things only because hes too lazy to verify the authenticity of what hes claiming ;(.

with that said im working on getting my account back on uservoice. my xbl account is working perfectly its just the uservoice part wont let me login for now because of this guys lies.

I welcome anyone and everyone that is in need of controller repair to email me at numnutz2009@gmail.com or better yet add me to a party....my gamertag is d2b2009 and my name is sean. i try to get on every night to test controllers out after repairing them so shoot me a friend request or party invite if you see me on and have any questions. Im working on getting a site setup with a list of offerings for elite and non elite controllers because after this kids outburst against me i feel as though this site allows too much negativity to be directed towards people like me who have done nothing but try to help other members of the community out. its sad that 1 rotten apple can ruin the bunch but this is proof that that is the case. *smh*

• Crimson FuelCrimson Fuel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not sure why "The True Boz" is saying bad things about D2B2009.
    I got my controller fixed by him about a month ago and it works great now he does great work.

• The True BozThe True Boz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really Cyrus 92178 - you actually paid someone with postage (twice - there and back).

As earlier mentioned, do not pay D2B2009 any money, don't fall for it guys. Cyrus is just one of his many aliases promoting his scam. Every couple of days you see a different poster telling you are great he is and they always mention it was a "reasonable price".

Really?

There is an option

www.consumer-ombudsman.org/

The quality of the controllers for the Xone are seriously flawed, a flaw MS are fully aware about and refuse to do anything about it because it is a massive cash cow. Take away the controller it Xone is 100% useless and inaccessible. Write to the Consumer Ombudsman, if enough people complain, MS will be pressured into selling a product that will last more than just beyond it's warranty.

It is free to complain and you along with everyone else has a full right to complain. Ethically MS have a right to make you aware on how to complain if you are not satisfactory they have a legal responsibility too making you aware of what channels you need to go down.

I've already written a complaint, the more genuine complaints the better.

• Mellie GibsonsMellie Gibsons commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you buy an elite controller make sure you buy it from Best Buy or somewhere that offers a replacement plan. Thank God I paid the extra $20 for the 2 year replacement plan from Best Buy. I'm already on my third one since the analog sticks got all loose and worn out on the first two, just from regular use. For $150 they really should be more durable. But since they are not durable you better make sure you get the replacement plan from the store you buy it from, trust me you'll be glad you did!

• CYRUS 92178CYRUS 92178 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

D2B2009 fixed my elite controler for me. Everything works great now. He replaced the bottom shell and bumpers for a very reasonable price.

Do not pay D2B2009 any money to repair your controllers. Look at Youtube, there is one guy that cleans it and appears to work, there are many showing how to repair the fault.

What annoys me, this fault has been common and prevailent for a few years and MS have done squat about it other than raking in our money for replacement parts just for the same thing to happen again.

It is purely a simple poor design. Many users on youtube are removing a grey clip tightening it up and making it work, which begs the question, what is it doing there in the first place? Or why doesn't MS just make it a bit more secure in the first place. It really is a cheap simple solution at the design stage, but we know when comes to MS money comes before customer.

I've got 2 faulty drifting controllers now, I am going to attempt a repair on my older one, if I mess up I can bin it, but the repairs look so simple online.

I am not recommending anyone or promoting anyone, just google "repair drifting xbox one controller" by the time you are typing the 2nd word google knows what you are wanting to search, goes to show a very very very common fault.

DO NOT PAY D2B2009 OR ANYONE ELSE TO REPAIR, if you are not sure or confident, get a friend or a relative or parent in some cases to follow online tutorials.

Reading the comments below is just making me more angry with the crap I have bought. I should have followed my friends and turned to playstation. £40 for another controller that I am confident will last just over a year and then pay another £40 so this time next year £80, or do I wait till my membership runs out and pay a bit more than a further £100 and get a PS4 with a game and trade my Xone in?

I'm just fed up and tired now of MS providing us crap cheaply built (probably in China) quality

I agree, but it SHOULD be free, the controllers seem to go just after the warranty has expired forcing us to buy a new one. I've been using joysticks/joypads since the early 80s and I've never ever experienced such cheap manufacturing as I have had. My joypads for the Coleco vision still work, as they do on my dad's Pong machine. My Megadrive controllers still work, these accessories are over 30 years old with 30 year old technology, so why can't a Xone controller last much longer than a year? Could it be money incentive by any chance?

• TurboChardsTurboChards commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Contact me by email if you can replace my grips that have been bubbling since day 100 and couldn't be replaced or repaired by MS since they offered such a high priced item with low quality rubbers that don't last and a short 90 day warranty. Davidearlrichards@gmail.com

• NapTimeOverdoseNapTimeOverdose commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

They should also add an option for metal/aluminium bumpers, triggers and buttons. The bumpers on the X1 controllers (Not just Elite) ALWAYS break. It's really disappointing. I still use my 360 controller for PC gaming (not one issue) and its been 4 years.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base