Find ideas for hardware or accessory improvements or hardware ideas

HDR Dolby Vision Support For Xbox One S

I understandard that the xbox one s will support the hdr 10 standard. Microsoft has not confirmed hdr dolby vision standard. I bought a new tv with hdr dolby vision as many others have. I was planning on upgrading to the S version from my original xbox one for the reasons of the 4k blu ray player and HDR support. there are 4k BLU RAY movies out already supporting dolby vision. It would be a great selling point for Microsoft to support both HDR standards so they do not restrict their sales to the many people whom already have 4k tv's with HDR dolby vision. I personally am thinking that I may not purchase the xbox one S now and want others to know about the lack of support so they do not upgrade their tv's and/or xbox one systems or potential new buyers of the xbox one s. Please Microsoft will you take this into consideration and add support for HDR dolby vision?

890 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

fugettaboutit77fugettaboutit77 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

66 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • rattensupperattensuppe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it would be great to have dolby vision on xbox one s in the future!

tv and receiver already support it. since xbox is my player for bluray and streaming, all that's missing is dolby vision.

• RobberClobberRobberClobber commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Literally bought my first Apple TV because of this Dolby Vision support. I think its a no-brainer and the current/future hardware can easily handle this. Dolby Vision can work over more hardware and had fewer limitations since it does not require a hardware chip for this to work. It's a software-driven solution with a far greater color palette than HDR10 while using less bandwidth. Dolby Vision is proven to be far superior to HDR10. Please implement or give the option to add it like you did with Dolby Atmos for windows. Thank you!

• Ce3Bo0gieCe3Bo0gie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft, please and I mean PLEASE, make the Xbox one x the best multimedia system and add the dolby vision support. The reviews already state that it IS THE superior format, night and day difference. Noticeably better picture, etc.....

• twerkstatwerksta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

MS Needs to add Dolby Vision support to the X1X as they are marketing it as a Premium home console for a Premium price of $500 there is absolutely NO reason the X1X shouldn't support Dolby Vision when you're already paying for Dolby Atmos. make it happen MS

• Khyber GTKhyber GT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

NO excuse to not support it microsoft! rather spend $500 on an xbox one X than an oppo

• TheDarkShogunTheDarkShogun commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dolby Vision is a must have to make Xbox One S/X the number one pick as a media streaming device and a gaming console. Please add Dolby Vision!

• XMercXMerc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This can be added via software now, would be a great addition to the One X and another feature over the PS4 Pro!

• xXRazeXx72xXRazeXx72 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The One S can barely push 4K HDR-10 Blu-rays, and Dolby Vision requires considerably more power.

• Quaya BreezyQuaya Breezy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Nice idea, this would definitely enhance the picture quality. Maybe we can look forward to this with the new Xbox.

• WARRIOR I MWARRIOR I M commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

They should, considering every UHD tv's built in apps, like Netflix support Dolby Vision & UHD Blu-rays have DTX S or DOLBY ATMOS.

• Exodus BroExodus Bro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Further to the person who said " only a handful of sets support it, and frankly, most of us who work in the field don't expect it to go anywhere. It's hugely expensive to implement, has a big license fee, and currently quite buggy on both the hardware and software end with very little real world gain over HDR10 in consumer priced hardware. ”
    This is incorrect. Dolby Vision is far superior. The proof and reviews are overwhelming in favor of it. The difference is night and day. Plenty of devices and tv's support it, you just have to look. The reason hdr10 is trying to bring hdr10 plus out is because Dolby Vision is so much better. When you watch hdr10 content then watch the Dolby vision version on the same TV and equipment, the difference is quite apparent. HDR is pretty good on its own, but Dolby Vision brings the wow factor. Yes not all devices support it, but Dolby lowered it's fees, made it easier to use and the benefits over hdr10 are crystal clear. Then there the fact that most streaming providers prefer Dolby Vision, because it better controls bandwidth usage and bitrate than Hdr10.
    So before you go off with information and "people who work in the industry" bs do some better research. The requirements to support it are simple and available to Ms for the Xbox. Even Dolby has gone on record saying so, that the Xbox can support Dolby Vision easily via its new software requirements. Same as some tv's have been updated to add it, even though they didn't have the chipset.
    Bottom line it can be done, and it's up to Microsoft to chose if they want to or not.

• SnaggyBinkie373SnaggyBinkie373 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have been a faithful PS owner since the PS1, still a happy owner of a PS4, and just pre-order the Xbox 1X hopping Dobly Vision support is announced before launch day. With that said, if no DV support is in the horizon I will cancel my pre-order. With the power to take back costumers that were long gone with the competition for more than 20 years like my self, and take a big chunk of the current and growing 4k blu-ray player market, there is no reason why Microsoft is not taking advantage of this opportunity. It makes sense financially and strategically to start moving those costumers way ahead before Sony can come back with an other 20+ years Knock out.

• Exodus BroExodus Bro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dolby Vision is now available through software, not just chipset. Dolby has released what is required for.the update, and Xbox is way over the requirements. Dolby Vision is now a choice and has been for several months. The ball is in Microsofts court on if they chose to add it. Dolby Vision is far superior to HDR10 if u have seen it for yourself. Please ms add this feature.

• TMSKILZZTMSKILZZ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

would be welcomed addition but I suspect it will be included in their next Xbox release after the upcoming XBX

← Previous 1 3 4

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base