Console Hardware & Accessories

Here you can find ideas for physical Xbox hardware, including Xbox consoles, controllers, and accessories.

Keep in mind that when you are searching, you are only searching through the Console & Accessories forum! If you don’t find your idea below, you can search and post it in the New Ideas forum!

Find ideas for hardware or accessory improvements or hardware ideas

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Adjust Microphone sensitivity Xbox Chat Headset / Adapter

Hallo all,
    I'm starting to notice more and more echoes from myself/others while being in a party chat. When turning on the Partychat overlay I was able to indicate the echoes were coming from multiple users, all using the original Xbox Chat Headset. In my case I am using the headset adapter. Some of them have their party audio also over speakers because of their partner who want "join" our conversations. All of us have turned down our volume, but still a lot off echoing occurs.

So my suggestion: Could an option be added to adjust the sensitivity of microphones,…

1,065 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

27 comments  ·  Headsets and Other Connectivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Assassin's Creed Controller

Please make a customized Assassin's Creed design controller.

235 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Xbox One Controllers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. HD DVD drive support on xbox one.

I really feel that this should have been a no brainer from the start; after all the HD dvd drive is a piece of Microsoft hardware, and HD dvd's their favoured software. What frustrates me is I feel that all this would take to accomplish, would be one quick update (I may be wrong), and would give everyone who has the player and the disks another reason to keep gaining enjoyment from their collection; that they supported, regardless of it being a "dead" format. This should be an easy one.

165 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Use Newer Xbox One Controllers to Support Bluetooth Headset

An App or Update to Devices & Accessories settings to allow those of us who can't yet upgrade to the Xbox One S to use the New Controller's Bluetooth to connect to a Bluetooth headset.

178 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Xbox One Controllers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Tom Clancy Edition Consoles

You should make some Tom Clancy custom consoles and controllers. Examples R6 Siege, Splinter Cell and Ghost Recon. This guy introduced me to Xbox and im sure many others could say the same.

134 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow 4K passthrough on Xbox One S

Since the new Xbox has shifted toward 4K media, can we be able to do 4K passthrough since having the Xbox as your center hub and its hdmi pass through is a main selling point? It would be a shame if we can't use the hdmi in passthrough feature anymore if we're using something that has 4K capabilities.

1,435 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

76 comments  ·  Xbox One S  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow us to put a faster HDD or SSD in the Xbox Scorpio

Not being able to swap the hard drive of the Xbox One has been a disappointment for a long time. The 5400RPM hard drive is simply too slow for loading modern games and the complex Xbox OS. On the PS4 you have been able to put in your own hard drive or SSD since day one.

For the Xbox Scorpio please make this an option. There are many people who have a fast hard drive or SSD and would love to use that.

265 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Xbox Opportunities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Injustice Gods Among Us 2 Limition Edition Custom Console

injustice gods among us 2 Limition Edition Custom Console

138 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Include Elite Controller With Project Scorpio

I think it would be a great idea to include a Elite controller with all project scorpio consoles. It would be sad if gamers only have one controller that is the Elite and go to trade in the current Xbox One to upgrade to project scorpio to get a controller that is the newer bluetooth supported controller instead of the Elite. Especially, since they paid $250 for it.

274 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Xbox Opportunities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Customise your own unique XBOX ONE S with Xbox Design Labs

Since E3 we have got the Xbox Design Labs where we can customise the color scheme for our own unique controller design, but why stop there? Why not the same treatment for the Xbox One S? Check out the link - https://youtu.be/93OvrF4e-HE
    This is a video I did on YouTube demonstrating this idea where you can choose the colors you want for your Xbox One S and the Controller to match. I think it would be a great idea for consumers and a huge selling point for Xbox

463 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Xbox One S  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Xbox Wireless Controller - Battlefield Edition

A Battlefied edition xbox one controller for fans of Battlefield: Bad Company, Bad Company 2, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline and Battlefield 1.

129 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Xbox One Controllers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Upgraded Xbox Elite Controller (With Bluetooth)

Please make an upgraded Elite Controller with Bluetooth and any other enhancements that were given to the Xbox One S controller. Also if its possible please allow us to customize the elite controller in Xbox Design Labs.

464 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  Xbox One Controllers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Make the Controller Home Button Color an Option in Design Labs

Recently, the "Xbox Design Lab" was announced. This means that alot of people will be buying one of millions of custom controllers that are unique to them. Whilst 90% of the controller is available for edit, the home button is not. I think it should he made possible that the LED light within the controller can also be changed from the original white. Maybe this is somthing to import onto the Elite Controllers only. Just a small idea. Hope some agree.

327 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Xbox One Controllers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Repair Option for Xbox Elite Controller

Seriously, there should be a repair program in place for these controllers. Especially for the price. I not saying it should be free, but it definitely should not cost the full price of the controller.

Why? I am on my second xbox elite controller whose Left button (on top of the controller --NOT a magnetic piece) has physically broken due to normal play of Halo 5. There is no way to have the button

1,855 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

177 comments  ·  Xbox One Controllers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. HDR Dolby Vision Support For Xbox One S

I understandard that the xbox one s will support the hdr 10 standard. Microsoft has not confirmed hdr dolby vision standard. I bought a new tv with hdr dolby vision as many others have. I was planning on upgrading to the S version from my original xbox one for the reasons of the 4k blu ray player and HDR support. there are 4k BLU RAY movies out already supporting dolby vision. It would be a great selling point for Microsoft to support both HDR standards so they do not restrict their sales to the many people whom already have 4k…

950 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

72 comments  ·  Xbox One S  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. VR Compatibility for The Original Xbox One

With Sony announcing Playstation VR and a host of amazing games and up coming games that support VR are to be released. Examples of this are Batman: Arkham VR and and Resident Evil 7. I would prefer not to have to buy another console to play these games in this mode and im sure with a simple hardware development and adaption to the existing console these games would be playable in VR on Xbox one.

425 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Microsoft, Please offer a Scorpio VR Bundle

Since many of us will get one just for VR, It would be great if we can save a lot by getting a bundle!

710 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Xbox Opportunities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add offline features for Project Scorpio

Ok, Xbox 360 can do stuff offline (profiles, achievements, etc.) , but Xbox One is too dependent on internet. You can't do most of the stuff when you're offline. People have been asking for offline features since 2013 and here's your chance, when you release this new console in 2017. please put offline features that everyone wants! People would be very happy.

577 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

42 comments  ·  Xbox Opportunities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Bring Back the Original Xbox

That would be great if you could please return the original Xbox and no longer discontinue it and also please make it that it can use Xbox Live online servers again and also use wireless Internet as well as wired connections etc. and also make it be able to download software updates including preview programmes etc. like the Xbox 360 and Xbox One etc. also please make it a windows universal platform device for all Microsoft devices so we can do things like look at our Xbox Live messages from both Xbox 360 and Xbox One etc. and party chat…

160 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Xbox Opportunities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Offer Xbox One S in black.

Please offer the Xbox One S in black.

1,643 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

160 comments  ·  Xbox One S  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base