Console Hardware & Accessories

Here you can find ideas for physical Xbox hardware, including Xbox consoles, controllers, and accessories.

Keep in mind that when you are searching, you are only searching through the Console & Accessories forum! If you don’t find your idea below, you can search and post it in the New Ideas forum!

Find ideas for hardware or accessory improvements or hardware ideas

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bluetooth support

Add Bluetooth support to give gamers the option to use their headset to chat through Bluetooth

[Mod edit: This idea was merged with a similar post from +AwesomeAdam0305. Thanks, everyone!]

9,867 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

469 comments  ·  Headsets and Other Connectivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Xbox One Wireless Headset similar to the one for Xbox 360

Like the xbox wireless headsets for the 360, we need one for the one. Just chat, no game sound needs to come through like the pro gaming headsets. We need one just like the old headsets.

6,380 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

790 comments  ·  Headsets and Other Connectivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Update WiFi firmware for 802.11ac usage

A recent teardown of the Xbox One revealed that the wifi chipset could also utilize 802.11ac modulation. With many players buying new routers that support 802.11ac, It would be of utmost importance to allow this feature to be used on the X1. It will provide faster speeds and lower latency than using the current 802.11n.

4,528 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

76 comments  ·  Headsets and Other Connectivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Connect/charge your iPhone, Android, etc. and listen to music from it

It would be a good thing to being able to connect your iphone or ipod and listen to music from it like you were able to on the 360 about a few years back

[Mod Edit: This idea was merged with a similar idea posted by Its Borek. Thanks everyone!]

3,952 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

67 comments  ·  Headsets and Other Connectivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. USB Microphone and Headset Support

Well, using a USB microphone or USB headset on the Xbox One and the Xbox 360 would be very nice! I have got the Astro a50 headset (which is wireless) but I have to use the mic cable so it's not wireless anymore... I think MANY people would love this feature :) The drivers are already on the PC and have been there for a LONG time, so please do something with it! It would be easy for everybody! :)

3,144 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

538 comments  ·  Headsets and Other Connectivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Can we get true wireless headsets with chat online and chat/game audio

Like title says, a true wireless mic without having to use the chat adapter, or if thats the only create a wireless or blutooth adapter. Im sick of janking off my headset by accident. Make two versions of the headset, chat only, and one that has chat and game audio, both being able to use the wireless/bluetooth adapter.

1,525 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

83 comments  ·  Headsets and Other Connectivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Adjust Microphone sensitivity Xbox Chat Headset / Adapter

Hallo all,
    I'm starting to notice more and more echoes from myself/others while being in a party chat. When turning on the Partychat overlay I was able to indicate the echoes were coming from multiple users, all using the original Xbox Chat Headset. In my case I am using the headset adapter. Some of them have their party audio also over speakers because of their partner who want "join" our conversations. All of us have turned down our volume, but still a lot off echoing occurs.

So my suggestion: Could an option be added to adjust the sensitivity of microphones,…

1,065 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Headsets and Other Connectivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Wireless headsets. That is all.

Next gen console- wired headsets? Why?

1,005 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Headsets and Other Connectivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Being able to use multiple headsets on one Xbox One

It would be nice to be able to use multiple different microphones on the same console for talking in game and in party chat. It is a bummer to not be able to allow your friend who is playing multiplayer with you to not be able to be involved in the multiplayer chat. I feel that you should be able to use more then one microphone with separate controllers.

955 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

72 comments  ·  Headsets and Other Connectivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add option to force Xbox One to use 5 GHz (wifi)bandwith

I've got a router supporting both wlan frequencies, 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz and I'd like to use the 5.0 GHz WLAN with my Xbox one as there are less connection issues within the 5 GHz bandwith. Actually, the Xbox One does use automatically the 2.4 GHz WLAN, i don't know why, but therefore it would be simply awesome if I could force my Xbox to use the 5 GHz bandwith.

469 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Headsets and Other Connectivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add a wireless mono headset or an adapter for the 360 wireless headset to work with Xbox one. Seriously!!

A simple wireless headset exactly like the one for the Xbox 360 or design an adapter to allow the official Xbox 360 headset to work with the Xbox one. This means more money for you MS. Please, I'm tired of wires. I have an expensive surround set up so I don't want a headset with simulated surround.

199 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Headsets and Other Connectivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. have the headset beep at you when mic is muted.

i think we all do it,mute our mics when we are in party/game chat and forget too un-mute them.

if we could have our headset beep at us (as well the orange mute light) too remind us our mic is muted!

vote if you like

cheers

183 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Headsets and Other Connectivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base