Console Hardware & Accessories

Here you can find ideas for physical Xbox hardware, including Xbox consoles, controllers, and accessories.

Keep in mind that when you are searching, you are only searching through the Console & Accessories forum! If you don’t find your idea below, you can search and post it in the New Ideas forum!

Find ideas for hardware or accessory improvements or hardware ideas

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bring a Virtual Reality headset to Xbox One

Bring a virtual reality headset to Xbox One.

[Mod Edit: This idea was merged with a similar idea posted by FNG, who specifically called out the Oculus Rift headset. Thanks everyone!]

5,024 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

147 comments  ·  Other Xbox Accessories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. An offically Xbox Licensed Mouse and Keyboard

Xbox Liscenced Mouse and Keyboard for Sending Messages, Typing on youtube, and Even play games, the Option to switch to mouse and Keyboard Controls in the Setting of the Xbox

3,005 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

117 comments  ·  Other Xbox Accessories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Stream Xbox One games to Hololens

Now, we all know that streaming from Xbox One to Windows 10 Tablets and PCs is coming, and it's really good news !

But Microsoft also announced that an all new type of hardware is coming for Windows 10 : Hololens. During the video demo, we've seen that we will be able to watch films on Netflix using Hololens : no need of TV, laptop, tablet or phone : a giant holographic screen will be just in front of our eyes, with spatialized audio.

So, given Hololens will also use Windows 10, we want to be able to stream Xbox…

1,062 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Other Xbox Accessories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Have an official, Xbox One-themed 5TB external hard drive

Have a xbox one external hard drive that's atleast 5tb and make it xbox one themed for about $100
    Thank you

1,045 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Other Xbox Accessories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add compatibility for Microsoft HoloLens!

I just love the idea behind HoloLens and I would highly appreciate it if it was possible to use HoloLens with a Xbox One! This would be the future of gaming, more useful than the competetive with Oculus & co.
    @the people who don't know HoloLens: http://www.microsoft.com/microsoft-hololens/

939 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Other Xbox Accessories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Please make Xbox One Media Remote more compatible with NXOE

My whole household uses the Xbox One as our primary source for media, so therefore it has been more convenient for us all to use the official Xbox One Media Remote.

Obviously the most frequented section of our Xbox is the Games and Apps section.

However, since the Xbox One updated to NXOE, it no longer takes one simple click to access this section... but 6, yes SIX button clicks of the remote...

It's nice that the Xbox One Controller has shortcuts to access the Games and Apps section quickly... but as far as the Media Remote, it is now…

639 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Other Xbox Accessories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. external hdd partition

We all love the new external hdd support, I just bought a 4TB hdd so I can do the games as well as the idea to use it for personal use. I partiton it on the pc but when I plugged it back on the X1 it reformatted it just for the console use

587 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

116 comments  ·  Other Xbox Accessories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. The ability to use USB Speakers with Xbox One

I would appreciate it greatly if I can plug in my USB speakers to my Xbox One directly and use that for sound. I would connect my Xbox One to a monitor that has no speakers and I would appreciate it greatly if I can connect and use say my Bose Companion 5's speakers with my monitor.

561 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Other Xbox Accessories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. USB Webcam Support for Apps Like Skype on Xbox One

Hey whatas up everyone? First time making a suggestion so let me try to sell it a bit. Well an "unkinected" Xbox One is on store shelves. Great move Microsoft offering consumers a choice in the matter! But Kinect is not yet sold as a standalone device! Therefore some apps(mainly Skype) have less value as these user with no Kinect cannot video chat obviously. Now, the clear course of action is to sell Kinect standalone, but Im certain people who bout this console variant do not want Kinect period! What if these users already have Skype ready alternatives they use…

504 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  Other Xbox Accessories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Sell rechargable battery packs WITHOUT the charge cable

I don't need more cables, I need replacement battery packs. Please sell the battery packs without cables. You did this for Xbox 360, and it made sense.

419 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Other Xbox Accessories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Make Windows 10 hardware compatible with Xbox One

I'm thinking of Flight Sticks, GamePads, Headsets, etc. That would be a tremendous advantage against Sony I guess ^^

[Mod edit: Title changed from "hardware that is "win10 approved" should work on XBox One as well" to "Windows 10 hardware compatible with Xbox One."]

332 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Other Xbox Accessories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. How about using Ready Boost or other USB memory enhancement on the Xbox One

Using "readyboost" to somehow boost the xbox one's performance...

[Mod Edit: This idea was merged with similar ideas from +Wraith Predator and +Eightbitbro Thanks everyone!]

322 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Other Xbox Accessories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Xbox One Media Remote incapable of accessing "more info" within the Games section since NXOE

When clicking on game information within the Games section, it is now apparently impossible to access access "more information" unless you are using the right thumb stick on the Controller... thus rendering the Media Remote useless in this area...

This is very unfortunate for those who used the Xbox One Media Remote for the connivence it held over the Controllers when viewing media... I hope this issue can be tended to soon...

244 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other Xbox Accessories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. External Hard Drive can be put to sleep.

One thing about my new External Hard Drive is it doesn't get put to sleep with no gaming activity or when the console is put into standby. At present I need to turn it off myself and then remember to turn it back on when I fire up.

237 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

48 comments  ·  Other Xbox Accessories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Make the Xbox One Wireless Adapter compatible with Steam Link

Currently the Xbox One Wireless Adapter doesn't work with the Steam Link. I want to use my Xbox One controller, but I'm going to have to buy a controller from a different manufacturer unless this is fixed. This is not a smart business decision. Please rectify the situation.

[Mod edit: This idea was combined with a similar post from Big Mc Patty. Thanks, everyone!]

234 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Other Xbox Accessories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Full "Microsoft "All-in-One Media Keyboard" Support on the Xbox One

I wanted a keyboard/Chat pad for the Xbox One (I can't stand using the onscreen keyboard) The Xbox Support and they told me this keyboard has full support for the Xbox One and it is a Media keyboard.

Well yes it is a Media keyboard, but for Windows OS - Yes the keyboard function does work on the Xbox One, but the Media function and touchpad doesn't.

I do love that it's wireless and I can sit in my Lazyboy and type out a message, But it is a pain that I have to use my controller also.

Update I…

199 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Other Xbox Accessories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Playstation TV like device

I would love one of these little gadgets for my Xbox One!

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/news/gadget/3524356/sony-playstation-tv-release-date-price-specs-uk/

You can basically play your Xbox One games on another tv in your house without moving your console!

190 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Other Xbox Accessories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Official 1TB Hard Drive for Xbox 360 S

With the Games with Gold, my 360 hard drive is almost maxed out. The thing is, I do not want to use a third party hard drive. It's just a peace of mind type of thing where I've always had an official Xbox accessory with me (ie, controllers, cables, hard drives).

Please release one before the summer is over. That would be awesome thanks.

153 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Other Xbox Accessories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base