Console Hardware & Accessories

Here you can find ideas for physical Xbox hardware, including Xbox consoles, controllers, and accessories.

Keep in mind that when you are searching, you are only searching through the Console & Accessories forum! If you don’t find your idea below, you can search and post it in the New Ideas forum!

Find ideas for hardware or accessory improvements or hardware ideas

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Lower the price of the MRSP of the Xbox One Wireless Elite Controller. It's way too expensive!

The Xbox One Elite Wireless Controller is outrageously expensive.
    Neogaf and Reddit are reporting on the ridiculous of the pricing for the MSRP, it should be lowered.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1063321

11,215 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

325 comments  ·  Xbox One Controllers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bluetooth support

Add Bluetooth support to give gamers the option to use their headset to chat through Bluetooth

[Mod edit: This idea was merged with a similar post from +AwesomeAdam0305. Thanks, everyone!]

9,868 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

469 comments  ·  Headsets and Other Connectivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. The Elite Xbox One controller should come with a Play and Charge kit

Was excited to get my hands on this new controller. However $150 dollars and it takes AA batteries to run seems really disappointing. Would prefer it to come with a built in rechargeable battery or a play and charge to come with it.

9,041 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

120 comments  ·  Xbox One Controllers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Xbox One Wireless Headset similar to the one for Xbox 360

Like the xbox wireless headsets for the 360, we need one for the one. Just chat, no game sound needs to come through like the pro gaming headsets. We need one just like the old headsets.

6,380 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

790 comments  ·  Headsets and Other Connectivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Trade In Original Controller For The New Controller

I hear rumors now that Microsoft is planning to launch a new controller at E3 in June . This only new feature that I heard about is a 3.5 mm jack to plug in audio devices which is great . Instead of buying it for $60 ( I don't know the price just assuming ) why not let us trade in our old controllers for this updated one that you are unveiling at E3. I mean you guys should have added this in the first place . The first controller had a lot of users reporting problems of either left…

6,155 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

80 comments  ·  Xbox One Controllers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Xbox controller battery percentage indicator

On the Xbox one dashboard it should show how much of a percentage is left in your controller batteries.

5,885 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

74 comments  ·  Xbox One Controllers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Bring a Virtual Reality headset to Xbox One

Bring a virtual reality headset to Xbox One.

[Mod Edit: This idea was merged with a similar idea posted by FNG, who specifically called out the Oculus Rift headset. Thanks everyone!]

5,032 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

147 comments  ·  Other Xbox Accessories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Update WiFi firmware for 802.11ac usage

A recent teardown of the Xbox One revealed that the wifi chipset could also utilize 802.11ac modulation. With many players buying new routers that support 802.11ac, It would be of utmost importance to allow this feature to be used on the X1. It will provide faster speeds and lower latency than using the current 802.11n.

4,528 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

76 comments  ·  Headsets and Other Connectivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Connect/charge your iPhone, Android, etc. and listen to music from it

It would be a good thing to being able to connect your iphone or ipod and listen to music from it like you were able to on the 360 about a few years back

[Mod Edit: This idea was merged with a similar idea posted by Its Borek. Thanks everyone!]

3,952 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

67 comments  ·  Headsets and Other Connectivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add HDMI-CEC Support to Xbox One

Please add HDMI-CEC ("control over HDMI") support for Xbox One to allow proper two-ways communications with TV and AVR (A/V Receiver).

The issue is that my Xbox One is not the only input on my AVR, and I still use my Xbox 360. This being the case makes using the Kinect to IR blast my components power On/Off completely useless. If I want to switch to my 360 and turn off my One, it would turn off my TV and AVR as well; vise versa if I'm done on the 360 and would like to switch back to the One…

3,892 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

394 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 3,357 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

42 comments  ·  Xbox One Controllers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Backward compatibility for wired Xbox 360 controllers on Xbox One

Provide support for some Xbox 360 accessories like racing wheels and arcade sticks. These accessories are expensive and take space, we cannot be buying one for each generation of console.

3,264 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

258 comments  ·  Xbox One Controllers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. USB Microphone and Headset Support

Well, using a USB microphone or USB headset on the Xbox One and the Xbox 360 would be very nice! I have got the Astro a50 headset (which is wireless) but I have to use the mic cable so it's not wireless anymore... I think MANY people would love this feature :) The drivers are already on the PC and have been there for a LONG time, so please do something with it! It would be easy for everybody! :)

3,144 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

538 comments  ·  Headsets and Other Connectivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add Analog Stick Calibration To Address Stick Drift issues

Please add require 'analog stick calibration' on xbox system setting or xbox game setting.
    analog stick drift of controller is Big issue!

[Mod Edit: This idea was merged with similar ideas from Garlicpenguin, ToneSim, Y UnknowN Y, and others. Thanks everyone!]

3,079 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

416 comments  ·  Xbox One Controllers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. An offically Xbox Licensed Mouse and Keyboard

Xbox Liscenced Mouse and Keyboard for Sending Messages, Typing on youtube, and Even play games, the Option to switch to mouse and Keyboard Controls in the Setting of the Xbox

3,010 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

117 comments  ·  Other Xbox Accessories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Fix random controller disconnects (Post 1502 Update)

Still my controllers randomly disconnects mid-game and then immediately reconnects. Game breaking for online gaming. I have bought a new controller for this issue! Everything is updated, batteries are full (normal and rechargeable) and it still randomly disconnects. I've heard I'm not the only one with this issue and the February update did not fix this issue!

2,896 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1249 comments  ·  Xbox One Controllers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Lower the price on Xbox One Controllers

Lower the price of Xbox One controllers. It's at the price of new games..

2,792 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

52 comments  ·  Xbox One Controllers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow Xbox 360 wireless accessories to work on Xbox One

Add Xbox 360 wireless accessory support (IE racing wheels, guitar controller, drums controller, etc) through Xbox 360 wireless PC adapter to Xbox One to be used in backwards compatible Games.

[Mod edit: Changed title from "Xbox 360 wireless accessory support for Xbox One in BC games" to better reflect this suggestion. Thanks!]

2,159 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

57 comments  ·  Xbox One Controllers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Make the Xbox One Elite Controller paddles unique buttons

The controller, for me, is perfect in every way with one exception. The rear paddles aren't their own buttons and are only able to duplicate other buttons on the controller. I get that the main purpose is so you don't have to take your thumb off the right stick to press buttons, but what a missed opportunity.

I can't understand how they can add four new buttons but not give them their own identity. I know Xbox games aren't designed with these paddles in mind, but I'm using it for pc games. I don't need any face buttons duplicated. I…

1,940 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

244 comments  ·  Xbox One Controllers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Repair Option for Xbox Elite Controller

Seriously, there should be a repair program in place for these controllers. Especially for the price. I not saying it should be free, but it definitely should not cost the full price of the controller.

Why? I am on my second xbox elite controller whose Left button (on top of the controller --NOT a magnetic piece) has physically broken due to normal play of Halo 5. There is no way to have the button

1,855 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

177 comments  ·  Xbox One Controllers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base