Post ideas for hardware or accessory improvements or new offerings.

Make the sync button on the controller do this.

1. Hold button to sync controller or connect it with a usb cable.
2. press once to take a screenshot.
3 double tap to record clip.

it would make it easier, for people that don't have kinect.

3,341 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
III OROZCO IIIIII OROZCO III shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
R4Z0R oR4Z0R o shared a merged idea: Change Screenshot button  ·   · 

128 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • IntenseThunder2IntenseThunder2 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really like this idea! In some online games you do it while stilling playing with it not pausing the game. Plus sometimes the home button doesn't work right for me making me stop and fill up most of the 30 second clip with me standing there doing nothing. I think this is a great idea.

• Boat Bomber 95Boat Bomber 95 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Personally I think they should just redesign the controller and come out with two share buttons like they have on the PS4. It would make it so much easier rather than double tapping and other things. As you can now just press one of the buttons to take a screenshot or a video capture. Because personally however fast you have it it still won't work. Having the buttons on the controller right where your fingers are would be far more quicker. As you only have to press them once. Un like PS4 you have to hold them down for a few seconds. So I've heard.

• RedSVORedSVO commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like the current snapshot functionality with the March 2015 update. This idea is a pretty good alternative.

• CaptREX501CaptREX501 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

they are working on something similar right now
    double tap xbox button then click "Y" for screen shot expected in march update

• tizmagiktizmagik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is brilliant! I would love this. It's slow and awkward to have to double-tap the Xbox button on the controller and THEN hit X to record. It just takes way too long and breaks the flow of the game you're in.

• Syndicate RemixSyndicate Remix commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a good idea, but the button is so small that i don't think it has the durability of the rest of the buttons on the controller and I think MS would be worried that if they did this that people would mash the button and people will end up breaking that sync button(even if using the micro usb cable to fix the sync issue) and people will complain to the support division about how cheap build quality the controller is. sigh.

• K4iTimK4iTim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

connection break after Low batt. and get no reconnection. also when the xbox told me low batt. i use the usb and the connection break!!

• OG HomerSimpsonOG HomerSimpson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think for a screenshot you should press both analog sticks at the same time. A lot easier to do since your thumbs are already there. And I say both because one or the pther are used for game controls but I've never seen both be used as a game contol.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base