Post ideas for hardware or accessory improvements or new offerings.

XBox Mini

Obviously the gaming community wants a powerhouse system like the XBox One or the PS4. Some of us want a 'Netflix Machine' and splurging $400 dollars or more to do that is crazy when you can get a Roku or Chromcast or Apple TV for much less. If you could make a streaming box with the ability to put a Kinect on it - that would be the Bees Knees! I am in love with the Kinect on my XB1. It has totally changed how I watch TV! Being abe to just tell the tv to turn on or pause is so fluid that I find myself doing it with my TV's that don;t have an XBox on it! Furthermore, if you could allow XBoxes to join a homegroup and access network resources like media and possibly email. You may also want to investigate the thought of being able to use the XBox to create info screens for families. Like having it set to run the 'family calander app from Windows phones at a preset time in the morning when everybody is getting up and having your favorite news show on in snap.

67 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
MJBourbonMJBourbon shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Pete DrennanPete Drennan shared a merged idea: Micro Xbox 360  ·   · 
ScrappleScrapple shared a merged idea: Xbox Nanook (Yes that should be the name) Xbox Mini TV App 360 game machine - Apple TV / Playstation TV killer  ·   · 
rosskoes05rosskoes05 shared a merged idea: Low cost Xbox for watching movies/tv and apps  ·   · 

13 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • groogruxking8groogruxking8 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You need a direct competitor to apple tv, google tv, etc. And the Xbox mini (or whatever name) would be perfect and have endless possibilities. It could do everything the full Xbox one could do except play major titles like Destiny, Halo 5, etc.. But it could play app games like halo Spartan assault with a real wireless Xbox controller or keyboard and mouse or kinect. To go further it could play any windows 8 (universal) app. Then adding cortana? Amazing.. It would work with ur phone and texting/calling and calendar events/appointments. Good competitor to new amazon echo (which is kinda cool).. But must be cheap, cheap, cheap to take over every living room (especially for non-gamers)

• AberfoyleAberfoyle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm behind this all the way, even after the S, Slim and E designs the thing I wish would go away is that DVD drive. I have a ton of stuff from the market, Games on Demand and apps, if I get a replacement 360 I would love for it to have huge storage but no DVD.

• TangentDinosaurTangentDinosaur commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No need to redesign the console again, just redesign the controller or make the Xbox One controller compatible with the 360

• ScrappleScrapple commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

XBMC is necessary, but you also have to add a 360 controller to the mix... and make it $119

• Superman XSuperman X commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With HDMI in for TV/OneGuide controls, and Game Streaming from an in-home Xbox One. This would put it ahead of the newly announced Playstation TV.

• Superman XSuperman X commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With HDMI in for TV/OneGuide controls, and Game Streaming from an in-home Xbox One. This would put it ahead of the newly announced Playstation TV.

• EnjoyingPruneEnjoyingPrune commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great idea. We need a Apple TV alternative from Microsoft.

Xbox360 is too much a gaming machines, too big, too much power consumption, and too expensive. Please also add something like Airplay in it.

• MJBourbonMJBourbon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

BTW, my thought of this isn't a gaming machine but like I said, a 'Netflix machine' thats really cheap and integrates deeply with all the MS stuff you have.

Feedback and Knowledge Base