Find ideas for hardware or accessory improvements or hardware ideas

Unlimited external storage for XBox 360

The 32GB limit for Xbox 360 external storage is very small. It would be great if the external storage limit would be raised or turned off completely.

1,803 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

wrx64wrx64 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

234 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Angrynerd113Angrynerd113 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

All hard drives should be supported by the 360 as proprietary hard drives are too expensive for now and the console is at it's end.

• samum30samum30 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just read about this update, tried on my xbox 360 with several different drives (WD,seagate,toshiba, hitachi) with different capacities from 500gb to 2 tb. Preformatted drives in FAT 32 plugged into usb (external casing) and re-formatted the under xbox shell. All im getting is 111gb on any of the drives..? any one knows why?

• poppins6poppins6 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just got a new two TB Hard drive made by Western Digital they call it My Passport X They made it for Xbox one or PC gaming storage I have a Xbox 360 and it was so easy I did not think i got it right . It does take a little of time to move the games of course I have a few 275 to right on. I'm 61 years young i had no trouble at all .You can get the hard drive
    at Best Buys hope this helps can't wait to fill it up ,then get my XBox One!

• Fatal GhostFatal Ghost commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can we at least install a third party hard drive internally instead? Like a 2TB internal Hard drive would be better to save space than adding two external hard drives.

• MC PHILABUSTAMC PHILABUSTA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just upgraded my external storage for my xboxone I moved from a 2 tb to a 6 tb . I was wondering if I could use the 2 tb for my 360?

• NuklearRaverNuklearRaver commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

2TB per drive with a limit of 2 drives works for me. Now that backwards compatibility has been announced, 360 storage is not as important as I'll start 360 playing games on the XB1 instead.

• BGordon297BGordon297 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be better for the xbox one sense there is no way to use any other memmory source on the xbox one.

• Chaosphere616Chaosphere616 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Does it have to be a Mains powered HDD or would a portable one that's powered by USB work?

Also if I can't install games on the external HDD then I don't see the point personally.

• xFersureMattxFersureMatt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Does anyone know how I can get into this Xbox 360 Preview Program!??!! Can people invite others like on xbox one? or am I just ***...

• Y9PowerY9Power commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

2 TBs is is very good amount. We now get up to 4TBs of storage. I installed hundreds of my Xbox 360 games onto ONE of my 2TB hard drives! The other one is STILL empty! Since Xbox 360 games are very small (up to 9GBs) compared to Xbox One games, (up to 50GBs) space don't run out as fast. So 4TBs are plenty.. I don't think it should hurt much, if you uninstall a game or two from the storage if you have like hundreds of games installed. I think it's better to uninstall the physical game, instead of the digital game, because it's easier to lose the digital game, than the physical game.

• ObriquetObriquet commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The burning question is, does the memory stick have to be formatted to the xbox in order to play media such as films?

Can I load up a memory 64GB memory stick with films and watch them or do I have to have a formatted drive?

• DrBrink7DrBrink7 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So if we have formatted a USB, will all of its data be deleted when its reformatted to be able to use its max capacity (in my case). I'm going from 32GB to 64GB.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base