Accounts & Subscriptions

Here you can find ideas and feature requests for anything relating to your Xbox Live subscriptions, memberships on Xbox, Xbox Live Gold benefits, Xbox Ambassadors program, or the Xbox Live Creator’s Program.

Keep in mind that when you are searching, you are only searching through the Accounts & Subscriptions forum! If you don’t find your idea below, you can search and post it in the New Ideas forum!

Find ideas related to your Subscriptions or Xbox programs and policies

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make it easier to cancel, or turn off auto-renewal on your Xbox subscription.

On Xbox.com, Xbox 360, and Xbox One. As it is, Xbox.com doesn't work when turning off auto-renewal, and it's impossible to switch off or cancel on Xbox 360. Accessibility is always a good thing and right now Xbox doesn't really support that.

415 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

49 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add Iceland as a supported region for Xbox Live

Iceland is not a supported region for Xbox. This means there are games that we cannot buy on the store due to region restrictions and are thus unable to play. This includes a lot of the Games with Gold games that we cannot get due to these restrictions. We are also unable to claim our Fallout 3 code from pre ordering Fallout 4 due to region restrictions.

412 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Live Region Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. remove the price to change the gamertag

I wanted to know if it really is possible to remove the price to change the gamertag because I'm really not satisfied with its regulations

405 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Gamertags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. XBL Gold Subscribers Free Game Weekend

Xbox Live Gold subscribers should be given one or two weekends per month to play a game for free. Just like Microsoft is doing this weekend with Forza Motorsport 5! I love this idea of playing a full retail game for free. Plus then give us a substantial discount to purchase the game after the weekend is over.

405 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Choose the Name "Xbox Five" for the 9th Generation (Please !!!)

Dear Microsoft we Knew very well that you Don't Give a Damn while Naming your Products. But it's a humble Request from Me and All the Xbox Lovers to you - Name the Next Generation (9th Gen) Xbox the "Xbox Five" instead of "Xbox Zero", "Xbox One.One" or "Xbox 4000". Please Microsoft Please Name it "Xbox Five".

P.S. - The Xbox One X or Project Scorpio can be considered as 4th one.

404 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Xbox Opportunities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Don't Require Live Gold for Free-to-play Games With Online

All Free-to-play games should be playable without Xbox Live Gold account. This is against the sense of free-to-play.

382 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

45 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Extend warranties for day one Xbox ones whose disc reader has malfunctioned because of faulty equipment. We paid $500 why should we have

Extend warranties for day one Xbox ones whose disc reader has malfunctioned because of faulty equipment. We paid $500 why should we have To pay $150 on top of that to repair faulty hardware. It's defective and your fault. You fix it I supported you for over half a grand at initial drop and I get hit with this.

381 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Extend Xbox One console warranty to two years

Warranty should be extended to two years as its a very poor peice of equipment and £100 repair 2 months out of warranty is appalling

[Mod edit: Title changed from "On a console that costs nearly £400 a one year warranty is very poor 2 months out of its warranty it breaks and coss £100 to repair."]

381 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 380 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Games & Deals With Gold  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Expand Xbox Live services to more countries

There are still many countries that don't have support fort Xbox Live, Xbox Music, Xbox Video, Xbox Rewards etc.

It would be ideal to have the same service, independent of location (and the use of VPN).

Add Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines for example.

In Singapore there is no Xbox Music, Xbox Video for example

374 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

147 comments  ·  Live Region Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Xbox Needs To Address The Reputation System. It Is Fundamentally Flawed And Is Used As An Exploit.

Reputation can be affected in a multitude of ways. If players block you, report you, etc. The issue is that players can block you for literally no reason, yet you are still affected. Also, they can send false reports as well as not needing any proof for their reports. Why would they do a thing like that? Well for a multitude of reasons. They can use blocking and reporting as exploits to never play with you again (this is especially the case if you are too far above or below their skill level). They can also tell their friends and…

371 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Enforcement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Better communication method for Enforcement team

I posted on the forum about my gamertag being suspended due to "Cheating and Communication" I know I did nothing wrong and all they do is tell you why you were suspended. I know why I was suspended. I was told to go there and appeal and they might lift the suspension, but do they listen to you? No they do not. So my suggestion is either get a better Enforcement team or actually provide a chat like your support team has so we can actually fight for what we have been wrongfully accused of doing. I want to actually…

364 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

103 comments  ·  Enforcement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Black Ops 2 included in Deals with Gold

Xbox should put black ops 2 with deals with gold

356 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Games & Deals With Gold  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Pause or Hold Xbox Live Gold Subscription

I would like the ability to pause my Xbox Live Gold if I won't be using it for a long period of time.

For example if you go on vacation or maybe you cancel or switch your internet provider.

345 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Bring back discless gaming

I know a lot of people whined about "DRM" with the original vision of Xbox One, but some of us DO live in the 21st Century and have reliable internet. Some of us don't buy used or lend/borrow games and not all of us assume Microsoft is out to screw us over.

I loved the idea of never needing to use my discs again. I've been replacing my 360 games digitally (through sales, how about releasing that 32GB USB cap huh?) because discless is just so much better.

Surely there's an update that's possible that gives users the choice between…

338 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Remove all advertisements/featured tab with Gold Subscription

Please, remove all advertisements from the Xbox One home screen. The day that the 360 got ads was one of the saddest days ever, please do not bring this poor decision to the Xbox One. During a recent showing of the XBOX ONE OTA, Major Nelson had his 'featured' section turned off, which made the Xbox Dashboard look way more clean.

If anything, please move the featured tab to the Store.

329 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Buy and support Dreamcast with Xbox One

The Dreamcast remains THE ONLY 6th generation console with "year-round" game releases. Pier Solar HD, Elysian Shadows, SLaVE, Sturmwind, Redux: Dark Matters, Hypertension: Harmony Of Darkness and so many more games are out or scheduled to be out on DC in 2015.
    Microsoft, Please buy the rights to the Dreamcast and support it with Xbox One. If Gamers, Developers, and publishers haven't given up on it, big name companies shouldn't either.

325 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Make it easier to change your email address.

Right now, it's almost impossible to change the email address associated with your Xbox Live account. It's so counter-intuitive that I ended up wasting 3 of my email addresses trying to change it because it automatically assigns you a gamertag and you need a Microsoft account with no gamertag associated. On top of that you have to wait 30 days twice.

324 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

63 comments  ·  Microsoft Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Titanfall Deluxe Edition for Games with Gold

TITANFALL DELUXE EDITION Games with Gold

319 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Games & Deals With Gold  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Replace Limited Edition Xbox One Consoles with the Same Model

Limited Edition console repairs should never downgrade your Xbox One. Currently, if your limited edition console breaks outside of warranty, there is ZERO chance you will get the limited console back (per Autumn, tier2 support).

This affects all limited edition consoles; Halo, r2d2, starwars, Forza, I MADE THIS.

I phoned xbox before sending mine in, was assured that the two week option would return my actual xbox console, and sent it in happily. It really tied the room together..

318 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base