Accounts & Subscriptions

Here you can find ideas and feature requests for anything relating to your Xbox Live subscriptions, memberships on Xbox, Xbox Live Gold benefits, Xbox Ambassadors program, or the Xbox Live Creator’s Program.

Keep in mind that when you are searching, you are only searching through the Accounts & Subscriptions forum! If you don’t find your idea below, you can search and post it in the New Ideas forum!

Find ideas related to your Subscriptions or Xbox programs and policies

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Use our Microsoft Money to buy Xbox Live

Let us use our money in our Microsoft Accounts to pay for Xbox Live. I have £30 in my account and I can't use it to buy Xbox Live which is ridiculous.

9,097 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

923 comments  ·  Live Gold  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make Multiplayer Free!

Make the multiplayer part of Xbox Live free, as it is on PC!

[Mod edit: This idea was merged with a similar post from nastynyce757jr1. Thanks, everyone!]

8,674 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

755 comments  ·  Live Gold  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Family Game Sharing (Multiple Home Consoles on the same network)

Right now having multiple Xbox Ones in the house is not a good experience since every member in the house needs to buy their own games. If I buy a digital game I can play it on any Xbox One in the house but my family members can only play that game on the Home Xbox One.

Like Apple's family app sharing, members of your family members that are tied into your credit card with permission should be able to buy a game or app for your family's home game library.

As a fan of digital game downloads as apposed…

6,935 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

400 comments  ·  Live Gold  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Don't make XBL Gold members watch ads!

We pay money for a premium experience yet we're still being monetized... something isn't right

3,276 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Live Gold  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Give away 1 free album, 1 free game and 1 free movie every month with Gold membership

One free album, one free movie and one free game, every month. Make this the total entertainment package.

3,274 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

45 comments  ·  Live Gold  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Bring back the Family Plan!

Myself and my 3 kids would love to go Gold again, however the steep pricetag of 240USD to accomplish this is just too much for me. It was manageable at 100 per year with the plan but almost a 150% mark up this year is just too much. With no Family Plan I will have to not re-up my membership. or just get 1 membership and let my kids use mine one at a time. What a bummer though. We have 5 360s in our home, I guess the kids'll just have to play games the old way, with a…

1,902 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

211 comments  ·  Live Gold  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Lower Gold Cost

Lower the cost of xbox live gold to $40 a year. Leave the gimmicks at home. No tiered gold plans, no special features if you buy a $100 year of gold vs $40. Leave everything how it is and just lower the price while continuing to give us all the features we have now as well as the ones planned for the future.

1,607 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

46 comments  ·  Live Gold  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Free stuff when Xbox Live goes down

Nobody likes it when we lose a night of xbox live, compensate us Microsoft as its a service we pay for, and to be fair isn't living up to the hi standards we have been used to thoughout the years, hopefully the future is better on the xbox one then weekly downtime

1,450 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

116 comments  ·  Live Gold  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Xbox 360 Gold sharing

Have the same service as xbox one for xbox360 where if one account has gold all other accounts on the same console can enjoy the benifits of gold such as playing online it would be an amazing addition to have now that the console is nearing the end of its lifespan

[Mod Edit: This idea was merged with similar ideas posted by Brev2034 & Xtendoman. Thanks Everyone!]

1,281 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

180 comments  ·  Live Gold  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. More Backward Compatible Titles Offered as Deals with Gold for Xbox One

I think that in the deals with gold section that they should have backward compatible games. People will start buying more backward compatible games. Deals are always a good time once in a while.

887 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Live Gold  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Absolutely no advertisements anywhere on xbox

I have seen the odd one when browsing the store but then I came on and there was was one in the featured column right on my home page.

Doesn't the amount I pay yearly for xbox live cover this?
    Please remove any and all ads from xbox throughout the home screen.
    Thanks.

835 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Live Gold  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Don't make Xbox Live free on PC

With the recent news that Xbox Live will be free on Windows 10, but Xbox users will still have to pay for Gold, people are outraged. I understand why. In fact, I'm one of those people. I'm incredibly loyal to the Xbox brand, however I refuse to pay £40 for 12 months of Xbox Live if Windows 10 users get it all for free. I feel like this is a big slap in the face to Xbox users. It feels like Microsoft is taking away everything they built Xbox into and giving it all away for free. Xbox is making…

672 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

74 comments  ·  Live Gold  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow non-Microsoft apps like Netflix to function without being connected to Xbox Live

Tonight the Xbox Live services are down and I can't even use my Xbox One to watch something on Netflix or listen to Pandora. I was able to watch Netflix on my Windows Phone at this time. Why are you making apps like Netflix require an Xbox Live connection?

618 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Live Gold  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Ultimate Xbox Live Subscription Tiers - "Silver, Gold, Platinum"

Xbox Live is a solid service that supports a great amount of content and features. However, it has never been the most welcoming service for new users nor the most rewarding service for the hardcore.

I know many have already suggested free multiplayer and greater appreciation for Gold veterans. What I'd like to do is to combine these great ideas into a broader idea of subscription tiers - giving users the freedom of choice without introducing any major limitations for using Xbox One.

I do support the idea of free multiplayer, especially now that Sony has jumped on board with…

313 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  Live Gold  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Bundle Microsoft Xbox Services (Gold, Music, Video Streaming)

Provide a pricing advantage of buying multiple Microsoft services at the same time. Microsoft should package/bundle services together (similar to what phone, cable companies) and provide a discount for buying multiple packages.

For example: buy 1 year of Gold and 1 year of Xbox Music get 20% off the combined package. Or if they ever offered a true Netflix, Hulu competitor they could add Gold, Music and Xbox VideoPlay as a bundled package and users could buy all three and save even more. Or perhaps, if they don't plan on their own true Netflix style streaming video service they could…

164 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Live Gold  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. More One Drive Storage for Gold Subscribers

Since we are already paying a unreasonable amount of money each year just to play online, it would be nice to get some of this money justified by increasing the storage of our One Drive account. Instead of 5 gb, 15 gb would be enough, considering that the free One Drive account used to have 10 gb of storage in the past.

27 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Live Gold  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base