Accounts & Subscriptions

Here you can find ideas and feature requests for anything relating to your Xbox Live subscriptions, memberships on Xbox, Xbox Live Gold benefits, Xbox Ambassadors program, or the Xbox Live Creator’s Program.

Keep in mind that when you are searching, you are only searching through the Accounts & Subscriptions forum! If you don’t find your idea below, you can search and post it in the New Ideas forum!

Find ideas related to your Subscriptions or Xbox programs and policies

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Gift from Xbox on Your Birthday

Gamers on Xbox should receive a gift on their birthday, You get to choose 1 gift out of 3 "pre selected" gifts, e.g. DLC Discount on a owned game, £5 credit or Discounts on games from favourite publisher

[Mod edit: This idea was combined with similar posts from AjarSkydiver940+ and LGXfixer, who listed additional examples of the types of gifts that might be offered. Thanks, everyone!]

12,828 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

289 comments  ·  Microsoft Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow For More Than One Home Console For Xbox One

As it is right now, I won't be buying a second XB1 for upstairs since I would need to buy a second gold membership. Please come up with a way for one membership to cover my household. I'm fine with some sort of validation to ensure I'm not stealing benefits, perhaps give the option to opt in on always being connected to the internet for verification purposes.

3,932 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

362 comments  ·  Microsoft Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Be able to transfer an entire Xbox Live account to a new email/Microsoft account

I made my Xbox Live account 8 years ago when I was in middle school. I used my parents email at the time. Well now I would like to transfer my Xbox Live account to an email that I have complete control of, but there is no way of doing this currently.

1,152 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

191 comments  ·  Microsoft Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Being able to sign in to Xbox One to play games when Xbox Live is down

Ability to sign into Xbox One to play games when Xbox Live is down. This is getting so annoying seen as XBL seems to have more down time recently since the launch of the Xbox One. At least give gamers the ability to sign in to play games, gain achievements like you can on the 360 until normal service resumes. Not very interesting admittedly, but is becoming more of a must of late

732 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Microsoft Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Xbox One License Transfer for games like 360

[Mod Edit: Removed old information that changed due to an earlier update.]

Wouldn't that be a great idea to allow users to transfer licenses the same way as this is being done on the Xbox 360?
    What if I want to sell my "old" Xbox One when I purchase the 1 TB COD special edition? Did anyone ever got the idea that there are people out there who might actually do that?

679 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

38 comments  ·  Microsoft Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Remind gold members about their automatic renewal before it happens.

Remind subscribers about the renewal fee a few days before actually taking their money. It's a curtesy that would show that Xbox cares about their customers. Xbox just withdrew money from my account without my authorization even though I will not be able to use my xbox for the next 12 moths because a move abroad. I'm very disappointed in what just happened even after being a loyal customer for many years. I will try to get my money refunded but if I can't I will consider switching to a different platform for my home entertainment.

642 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Microsoft Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Keep Xbox consoles as your main gaming platform

With all that Windows 10/Xbox integration, I fear Xbox One won't be Microsoft's main gaming platform anymore. If that is true, I suspect all Xbox One owners will be getting fewer exclusive games and even more unpolished, unoptimized game releases for the Xbox One hardware. Please, don't let that happen.

419 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Microsoft Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Make it easier to change your email address.

Right now, it's almost impossible to change the email address associated with your Xbox Live account. It's so counter-intuitive that I ended up wasting 3 of my email addresses trying to change it because it automatically assigns you a gamertag and you need a Microsoft account with no gamertag associated. On top of that you have to wait 30 days twice.

325 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

62 comments  ·  Microsoft Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. We should be able to combine Xbox Live Accounts into one Xbox Live Account!

We should be able to combine accounts together, including the gaming stats, achievements, and purchases such as games/movies/music. I had an old account that I forgot the email password to and created a new account because i couldn't download it to a new console i bought seeing how I forgot the password. I thought later on that i could some how prove my identity for the old account (card info that i purchased the account with. Makes sense right?) and get the things I paid for combined with the new account I made. Sadly, today i finally tried doing so…

267 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Microsoft Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Free month of Gold on our birthday!

Give us a code to redeem whenever we want and receive free month of Gold for our birthdays

231 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Microsoft Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow child accounts to access Star Wars Battlefront based on account settings not age

My son gets the following error when trying to play Star Wars Battlefront using his child account "You are not allowed to access online features". His account is set with no restrictions - meaning he can play "T" and even "M" games. Apparently the only way to fix this is to change his age (which I don't want to do) or have him play as me, which means now I have to friend all his friends if he wants to play with them. Is EA trying to protect my child? Forcing parents to change their child's age will make them…

228 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Microsoft Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. suspend account due to user needs (vacation, tech problems, etc)

Please, allow users to suspend their Gold account for a period of time!

I am going to stay without internet for a month, and I would like to suspend the Gold account for this time, so I don't lose the month.

165 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Microsoft Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. New gamertags can't spam messages until have "x" amount of friends

I'm receiving an obnoxious amount of spam messages every week from gamertags that contain links to websites. Some of them even pretend to be a long lost friend, with a changed tag. My friends are getting these too.

A remedy would be to limit the amount of messages a new account can spam, or not allow accounts without friends to spam. At the very least, we should be allowed to report these somehow, as I don't see a way to report text messages at all.

161 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Microsoft Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Base Digital Game Sharing on Family Account Settings

I think there should be a tweak to xbox gold sharing. I think it should be based on who's listed in your "family" settings. The way I understand the setting now you have to list your xbox home as someone else's in order for them to play games you purchase digitally without you signing into your account on that system. The short comings of this is:

1. IF you set someone's xbox as your xbox home for gold sharing ALL digital game purchases go to that xbox automatically rather then the one you might actually be using which is the…

138 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Microsoft Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Account Settings

One of the problems i have had is the fact that switching the email on an account is one of the hardest things to do. I don't know if its due to hightened security but i can only do it on the console which is slow and time consuming. Id like to be able to switch the emails form two accounts simply on the web. just focusing more account settings capabilitie to the web platform would make things so much easier. especially mid game if something needs to be changed i wouldn't have to sign out but simply make change…

50 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Microsoft Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow Adult Account to Manage and Initiate Purchases for Child Account

Link child account to adult account in order to allow adult to buy games without needing to enter credit card details in child account

42 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Microsoft Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base