Accounts & Subscriptions

Here you can find ideas and feature requests for anything relating to your Xbox Live subscriptions, memberships on Xbox, Xbox Live Gold benefits, Xbox Ambassadors program, or the Xbox Live Creator’s Program.

Keep in mind that when you are searching, you are only searching through the Accounts & Subscriptions forum! If you don’t find your idea below, you can search and post it in the New Ideas forum!

Find ideas related to your Subscriptions or Xbox programs and policies

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Clearly state how long a suspension/ban will last

I've got an email saying I've got a communication ban but not for how long. I've been searching though countless forums to see how long it will last but to no avail. The least you could do is tell us how long we can't play for for a service we pay for !!!! Is it that much to ask

674 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

121 comments  ·  Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Don't make Xbox Live free on PC

With the recent news that Xbox Live will be free on Windows 10, but Xbox users will still have to pay for Gold, people are outraged. I understand why. In fact, I'm one of those people. I'm incredibly loyal to the Xbox brand, however I refuse to pay £40 for 12 months of Xbox Live if Windows 10 users get it all for free. I feel like this is a big slap in the face to Xbox users. It feels like Microsoft is taking away everything they built Xbox into and giving it all away for free. Xbox is making…

672 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

75 comments  ·  Live Gold  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Earn Xbox Reward Points for Feedback Posts

Earns reward points for the feedback given.

662 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Remind gold members about their automatic renewal before it happens.

Remind subscribers about the renewal fee a few days before actually taking their money. It's a curtesy that would show that Xbox cares about their customers. Xbox just withdrew money from my account without my authorization even though I will not be able to use my xbox for the next 12 moths because a move abroad. I'm very disappointed in what just happened even after being a loyal customer for many years. I will try to get my money refunded but if I can't I will consider switching to a different platform for my home entertainment.

641 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Microsoft Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Old users unable to change gamertag once for free

New users are now able to change their gamertags for free one time. People who have had the consoles since the beginning like myself have never gotten that luxury. I have paid several times to change my gamertag, I think it's time for us Xbox veterans to get a free gamertag change.

628 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Gamertags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. xbox live gold for Romania

Add Romania to the countries that have live gold!
    No gold support for my country! :-(

624 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

149 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow non-Microsoft apps like Netflix to function without being connected to Xbox Live

Tonight the Xbox Live services are down and I can't even use my Xbox One to watch something on Netflix or listen to Pandora. I was able to watch Netflix on my Windows Phone at this time. Why are you making apps like Netflix require an Xbox Live connection?

618 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Live Gold  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Repair Fraudulent Reputation System

Everyone knows the player reputation system is flawed because it invites childish people with a grudge to abuse it and skew the reputation of innocent players. However, that's not what this is about. The system is outright fraudulent, as it does not work the way Microsoft claims. The proof is visible on the account of anyone who actively plays online with random strangers and has been avoided by even one other player.

If you look at your rep, the first statement you'll see at the top left under Summary is, "Of the people you have played: __% preferred you or…

616 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

123 comments  ·  Enforcement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Free DLC per month with Gold on Xbox One

Free dlc's with Gold would be so cool

602 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Games & Deals With Gold  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Keep Xbox Live membership on Xbox 360

I hear that Microsoft is deciding on discontinuing Xbox Live for Xbox 360 because of what Microsoft wants to innovate with Xbox One. Do not discontinue it because there are people who want to use Xbox Live on Xbox 360...and Xbox Live memberships still operate successfully on Xbox 360. Innovate with Xbox One, but leave Xbox 360 alone.

585 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  Xbox 360  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 576 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Age verification for free offering games rated for CERO Z in Japan

(Japanese translation follows/後半に日本語訳を書いています)
    In Japan we are not allowed to purchase games rated CERO Z (mature) in Japan by the local currency in my account but purchase by credit card because it proves we are enough old to play these mature game.
    But there's no way to have payment option to download free offering games like Game with Gold, free trial or Beta and I think this is one of the reasons why we can't get these mature games in Japan.
    For example, For Honor open beta on Xbox One is not available in Japan though it is available on…

563 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

54 comments  ·  Live Region Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add an under-age report function

There's nothing worse, or game killing than having a 12 year old kid screaming squeaky obscenities in your ear whilst playing a game that is clearly not age appropriate (HALO, Gears, COD). Lets face it, its the reason most adults here DON'T use their headsets any more unless they are in party chat with friends.

My Idea is simple. Add an "under-age gamer" category in the report a gamer function and the Xbox team will be able to quickly and easily identify the under-age gamers and have them play in a "kiddies corner" where all the under-age kids can scream…

561 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

46 comments  ·  Enforcement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Start the Xbox Ambassadors program in Brazil

Brazilians can already join the program, but very little people use it because of the language. Please implement the program in Portuguese (PT-BR). I´m sure many more people would join and use. We are a huge gaming market.

519 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Ambassadors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Extend Games w/ Gold To Windows 8 and Windows Phone

Two Free Windows 8 or Windows Phone games a month w/ a gold subscription. Move value or gold members.

455 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Games & Deals With Gold  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Xbox game subscription service like EA.

It would be cool for Xbox to get a subscription service that will allow people to stream Xbox, Xbox 360 and Xbox One games. Not like Sony's service, more like EA service where we pay a monthly or yearly charge to play old or new games. The Netflix for games.

451 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Give alternative download for those who already have already purchased the month's Game with Gold

I am hesitant to buy older games on the store because the game could end up on Games with Gold, and would therefore be a waste of money.

Maybe you could add something else for people who already have the game that you are offering for free.. maybe DLC for another game.

For example, if I bought Crimson Dragon, but you gave it away free the next month.. you could credit me with some DLC for the game.. but anyone else who does not have the game gets the free game.

436 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Games & Deals With Gold  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow Developers in the Xbox Live Creators Program to Add Achievements

Removing the achievement feature is not a good idea, goes against the Xbox Live concept.

431 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Xbox Live Creators Program  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 427 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

102 comments  ·  Games & Deals With Gold  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Keep Xbox consoles as your main gaming platform

With all that Windows 10/Xbox integration, I fear Xbox One won't be Microsoft's main gaming platform anymore. If that is true, I suspect all Xbox One owners will be getting fewer exclusive games and even more unpolished, unoptimized game releases for the Xbox One hardware. Please, don't let that happen.

419 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Microsoft Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base