Reconsider adding a ban appeal option. My original account did not deserve a permanent ban, it did deserve to get punished but not permanent
I been a XBL for 6 and a half years and I get perma-banned for Marketplace Theft that I did not even intend. I requested a refund on Lords of the Fallen, got my refund, and was still able to play it. I should have reported this to support right away, but I did not. I played it a little bit afterwards. Did I deserve to get punished? Yes I did. Was the ban I actually got fair? No. The gamertag in question is [Mod Edit: Personal Information removed]
I think they should put in a feature for Banning these pornbots due to us being far subscription every year we shouldn't have to deal with these spammers sending us garbage I've been on Xbox for 11 years this is not Facebook pornbots is completely unacceptable
Reasons why I think letting violators, abusers and hackers buy back there perma banned account to be a 7 deadly moves for MS.
2. Will encourage a mountain of abuse by first time violators as they can get away anyways with any punishment since they can pay back to get their banned account.
3. Will make reform violators that move on with a new account to feel they have been rip off big time by Microsoft in making a new account and re-purchase items they have lost years ago.
4. Will weaken the moral and conviction of the entire Enforcement team that false banning of customers actually happens without due care and deep investigations and all the hard work they have done will be disregarded and what more future perma banning of accounts will be seen as fraud for MS to reek more money.
5. Will only make Microsoft look like money hungry and will lose face that this company has no integrity to enforce there own laws if violators can just bypass any rules of MS with money.
6. It will disgust honest XBL community members that have kept themselves behave and play according to the rules of ToS and CoC for years and they themselves reported violators only to realize in horror that violators can get back to the community as if nothing happen as Area5151 loves so much to claim.
7. And last but not least Sony and Nintendo will definitely troll MS with its weak policy against abusive gamers and siding with trolls that have money.
MS if your reading this, don't allow this dangerous idea to happen to your millions of honest customers including me with my real GT that has religiously follow your ToC and CoC and keep the community fun and safe for years or we would all feel betrayed and I might abandon a company that has no balls to stand against there great ET that is doing the hardest job of keeping the XBL community safe and make the best online gaming experience ever then any of the two other Asian console can offer.
LONG LIVE XBOX!!!! waiting for the scorpion king! ;)
CooKiiE MoNsTaa commented
Totally agree with this sentiment. The fact you can just make a new account makes the idea of permanent bans silly. Might as well just make a buy back option for bans. I have made a post about having more than one case review as well:
There really needs to be more forgiveness from the XBLPET. People hacking, modding and playing unsportsmanlike (ie team killing, purposely losing, etc.) is one thing, something they rarely address as it is. Messaging people that they are bad at a game and a little name calling and deeming that harassment and issuing permanent bans for that is something entirely else. Quite ridiculous
Half of Asia commented
We have started a petition to get games back after accounts are permanently suspended!! Sign it here!
I get banned for marketplace fruad redicilous Gt:hydratedplanet enforcement team look into this!
ACG Frosty commented
I got perm banned first offense no warning nothing… My main account got banned at first I thought it might have been my little brother who plays on my account getting in trouble but since it's been banned back in December I've looked into a lot more… my account was stolen for about a week looking back on some of my activity. I had started a new job and wasn't on that much but I got an email saying a strange log in now I figured my brother had signed into my added my account to his Xbox one that I had recently bought him turns out it wasn't that at all. If y'all would look at my log in you would probably see a login on a completely different IP address. I must have made somebody mad on Xbox and he got my account info I don't know how but it happened… I would love it if you guys could look into it some more my gamertag is uV Frosty please help me get my account back I've spent hundreds of dollars on that account and 6 years of my childhood on it I'm begging you please help me get my account back I'll pay a fine if I have too!
MJR Justin commented
I would just like to point out this isn't a support Forum so no Microsoft employees that see this are going to be able to help you.
Yeah, that seems a little stiff for a mistake on Xbox's end.
Knight Lawlit commented
Also, I am willing to pay a fine to get my account back and rebuy Lords of the Fallen at the original price.