Find ideas related to your Subscriptions or Xbox programs and policies

Remove all advertisements/featured tab with Gold Subscription

Please, remove all advertisements from the Xbox One home screen. The day that the 360 got ads was one of the saddest days ever, please do not bring this poor decision to the Xbox One. During a recent showing of the XBOX ONE OTA, Major Nelson had his 'featured' section turned off, which made the Xbox Dashboard look way more clean.

If anything, please move the featured tab to the Store.

329 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Danny Buttermen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • LordVice commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Remove ads from dash for those of us who have gold subscriptions. I don't need to see ads for a movie (the new Will Ferrell joint in this case), etc. All gold users are paying customers, forcibly inserting ads into the dash is a pretty scummy practice. How much click-through do you actually get (that isn't on accident)? I am willing to bet it is near 0. No one likes ads. I know this will fall on deaf ears. In the meantime I will just my proxy to kill your ads dead.

• MaxRat08 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Remove all adds from the xbox home screen. That is what the app/game store is for.

• jdmarshal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please stop filling the Home screen with advertisements. ANY/all advertised content should stay in the STORE, not on my Home Screen. Instead just have a small banner or notification that says something along the line of "New Store Update!/New Content."

• XBOX MAVRICK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not likely. They make a lot of extra incme on the ads. If anything, they could add a Platinum and Diamond Live option where you get to pay more each year for live to compensate fo their lost income.

• Marc Hunter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. We already paid a considerable price to purchase this hardware, and even more for the games. Like it or not, we are the select few of the global population that have Xbox One's: the majority of the population has either no console, or a different type of console.

Use your advertising budget on promoting the amazing abilities of the Xbox One to the general public, NOT to the people who have already paid good money to have the Xbox One and then inundate them with ADVERTISEMENTS. That's insulting, and they're so frequently sprinkled throughout the main UI in the most obvious and insulting ways, with no way to get rid of them.

When I have friends over, I want them to see the great console and its functions, not some random advertisement for a new game I have no interest in or a movie that's just coming out. I get that you want to make money (most of us want to as well), but this is not the way to maximize your profit and it's a great way to alienate people who already have to deal with ads all over their other devices. Keep the Xbox One "pure and clean" from this cheapening effect.

If you can’t give up advertising because it brings in enough money to override the general voice of your loyal users, at least provide a benefit like this thread poster suggested: remove advertising from GOLD accounts. You’re already getting more money from us than Silver users, and it’s a great way to sell more Gold subscriptions to them if they don’t want the advertisements themselves.

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base