Find ideas related to your Subscriptions or Xbox programs and policies

Remove all advertisements/featured tab with Gold Subscription

Please, remove all advertisements from the Xbox One home screen. The day that the 360 got ads was one of the saddest days ever, please do not bring this poor decision to the Xbox One. During a recent showing of the XBOX ONE OTA, Major Nelson had his 'featured' section turned off, which made the Xbox Dashboard look way more clean.

If anything, please move the featured tab to the Store.

754 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Danny Buttermen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

44 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Rowan Crook commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You guys realize they put ads up so they can give us Xbox Live Gold (and more) for a lower price?

• ClingingLime928 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I GOT MY PROGRAMMED BLANK ATM CARD TO WITHDRAW A MAXIMUM OF $5000 DAILY.
    I AM SO EXCITED BECAUSE I ORDERED AND PAID FOR DELIVERY, DIDN'T GET SCAMMED, AND I NOW OWN MY HOME,
    MY BUSINESS HAS GROWN BIGGER.
    GEORG BEDNORZ (georgbednorzhackers@gmail.com) IS THE NAME OF THIS USA HACKER THAT GAVE ME THE CARD
    AND ALSO HE IS OFFERING ALL KINDS OF LOAN WITH ONLY 2% INTEREST RATE.

• Freezecam120 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At least on steam the store section stays in the store section. And not invading your games library.

Just get a £500 computer for the same price as an Xbox One X and be done with it. And then next year, if you really wanted to come up you could get a better graphics card or processor or more RAM. And what's funny is that people who buy consoles say it's a budget option, but to be honest the amount of times you switch consoles within two to three years, you save more money with a computer.

@Hirro4476
    It has been proven that ads actually slow down the download time of the Xbox One and 360. Maybe even the X. And besides, it's either keep the ads or remove the subscriptions, otherwise it's probably going to be run over by all the other companies like steam that don't pay to even exist on their platform.
    But most likely they're going to be stingy and try to maximise profits and keep both and then die. I can just hope. Also, steam has one pop-up starting up Steam. That's all there is, and that's steam sales and it suggests games to you that are on offer. I'm sorry but I've never seen Xbox tailor your content before. PC is better overall in general anyway because of are the things listed above, PC has minus the crappy hardware and better software to play games, you can use text and everything, getting my hands on a computer were like a miracle the first time. And my first computer was an Intel HD. And I still had fun with that on an FPS game. I didn't spend a single Cent. You have to pay for your subscriptions and everything just to have fun. At least a disc at best. Now, I've dedicated myself to gaming. I have a GTX 1080 with 16GB of RAM, and Intel i7 core, with 4-6-8 cores. Can't remember. And guess what, I don't even have a job. I just waited and I got it. So if you have a job, surely you can get it. :/

I also agree with this, but most likely there's no rule or law set in place so they'll probably keep it and ignore the public, it's like micro transactions for them. They do it to maximize profits, and if they think they can get away with it they'll try to run with it.

• SwordofWhedon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

They sell ads based on placement

They keep subscription prices down deal with it. You don’t scream that you’re paying for cable Tv but still get ads (and no, I don’t want to hear from thr cord cutters. Huge numbers of people do)

• Hiro4476 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

ads? as like 2 images (1 tells gold member to grab their benefits)?
    PS4 and Steam has way more ads than xboxes, dashboard on xboxes is fine imo.

* On the ps4.
    After login, your first stop is the "What's New" tab and the ads starts loading on its own.
    If you stayed till the loading ends, there goes ads for you.
    (Even if you move away instantly, bandwidth is spent)
    Not just that, on the main dashboard, sometimes games-you-don't-own hidden-in with your recent activity.

• Hiro4476 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

ads? as like 2 images (1 tells gold member to grab their benefits)?
    PS4 and Steam has way more ads than xboxes. I'm dashboard on xboxes is fine.

* On the ps4.
    After login, your first stop is the "What's New" tab and the ads starts loading on its own.
    If you stayed till the loading ends, there goes ads for you.
    (Even if you move away instantly, bandwidth is spent)
    Not just that, on the main dashboard, sometimes games-you-don't-own hidden in with your recent activity.

• Ongle Fetide commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

28/11/17 : French/France

De la publicité pour des montres Diesel et de la publicité pour des chaussures Adidas sur l'accueuil Xbox oneX ...

C'est inadmissible !!!

La guillotine pour le rapace qui a eu cette idée ...

A voté .

• ottered commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Extremely disappointed to be seeing adverts for non-gaming products like mobile phone networks start to appear on my home screen recently. If there's not an option to remove ads soon the arrival of these unwelcome and irrelevant ads in my living room will likely have a substantial impact on my next gaming hardware upgrade.

← Previous 1 3

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base