Find ideas related to your Subscriptions or Xbox programs and policies

Absolutely no advertisements anywhere on xbox

I have seen the odd one when browsing the store but then I came on and there was was one in the featured column right on my home page.

Doesn't the amount I pay yearly for xbox live cover this?
Please remove any and all ads from xbox throughout the home screen.
Thanks.

862 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Adam of 360 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

26 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • RudeboyXL commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed, gold subscribers should be relieved of ads. No one should be FORCED to be at the receiving end of any advertising even if it involves paying for the privilege.

• Wounded Phoenix commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I AGREE!

I pay for an XBOX Gold Membership and don't want to see ads for games (which I already own) and for an XBOX Gold Membership (Which, as stated, I already own)

I contacted XBOX Support about this, and they said they cant remove them and suggested posting here. I think what MaxNVP said is exactly what I was thinking, "There should be no advertising on the home screen". (Either that or the ability to shut them off if we so choose)

• MaxNPV commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There should be no advertising on the home screen.

Ads for games should only appear on the Store-related screens -- and the advertiser should have to deposit 100 Xbox Reward points to my account for each day that I view it.

• MorPH EMX commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Let ads fund the Silver gamers. (I was one for a long time)
    Once you're paying to be in Gold, ads should go away. Or at the VERY least, have an option to opt out.

• zZzJaM0zZz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Win10, xbox games, I clicked on a free Red Rooster Voucher - I know, silly me (in my defence I thought it was legit being on a Microsoft site). And have been hounded non stop for the last 3 days with emails and phone calls. I just want to play Solitaire in my study breaks like I used to do without ads popping up everywhere.

• Im A BIG GOD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Xbox should not have ads. There should be an option for us to opt in or opt out for ads on our Xbox one. It annoys me that I have to see the same ads everyday for games I already have. At least give me ads for games I don't want.

• T1ck3tR1ppa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What is disturbing to me is the majority of the advertising has horror like photos - or something graphic because I am an adult -but guess what I normally start it up to play with my 6 year old daughter. I want NO graphic or horror pictures on the xbox - no ads would do just that.

If ads are not going away - I would like no horror ads allowed - or at least the ability to opt out NOT SOLELY BASED on AGE!

• PurpleAdam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Advertising to us on a paid service is unacceptable.

Advertising to us with non-gaming related things (McDonalds, etc) is worse.

Advertising to us with video that plays when one is on the home screen is a big annoyance. It's my home screen and it feels really invasive.

The ads are making me log in less and definitely skip the home screen as quickly as I can or turn the console off sooner. Makes me not want to renew or use my computer for gaming.

Showing a new friend something on Netflix, I felt kindof embarrassed that I was using a service that advertises like that just to get to watching movies. She commented on it and asked, "Wasn't this a paid service?"

Please, MS, please. Miss out on a bit of revenue and be a ton classier. Kill the ads.

• JuKING the BOSS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's technically only 1 ad. The featured section usually contains a Enter to Win(AD) GamesWithGold (Shortcut to Gold Deals) and a PreOrder item. Other way you can access GamesWithGold deals is to search Games with Gold. The preorder is usually a big ticket game they want you to prepurchase and preload. The Feature section is convenient at times

• PVRone commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At least stop giving adult profiles BOOZE ADS last thing we need is more drunk COD players ;) plus it has nothing to do with gaming whats next harrys med pot shop ?

• Xpearl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

[FormingPrune4 commented :
    Be prepared to be charged more for Xbox Live and expect less freebies from Microsoft.]

Well... As i think Xbox Live never was better than when there was not any add, and with a strong and fast Dashboard, then I can safely say that we are very well prepared to face this situation.

• MrMoshy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Get a grip dude, one little ad for something that was most likely gaming related. Who cares?

← Previous 1

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base