Find ideas related to your Subscriptions or Xbox programs and policies

Enforcement Team Review

The Enforcement Team has serious serious with it and it needs to be completely reworked. Before suspended any account there should be a warning that before a suspension is handed that behavior needs to change. First time offense should always be a 24 hour suspension, increasing for continued offense. The Enforcement Team should in no way be allowed to remove a gamertag without first informing the account that the gamertag has been deemed inappropriate for whatever reason. If a gamertag is changed, then that account should be given a free gamertag change. It is in no way the customer's fault that the gamertag was deemed inappropriate by the Enforcement Team. If it is approved by the Gamertag Creation screen then later revoked, it is ridiculous and unfair to make that customer have to pay to change it again. There needs to be compensation to the customer who has their gamertag removed, so he/she gets to create a new gamertag without having to pay. The Enforcement Team needs to have a better system of communication with the customers, the Forum section is ignored, and get barely any form of response. There should be a chat system, just like for the Support section, that way Customers can real-time chat with an Enforcement Agent in order to work out an issue. Enforcement Agents rarely respond to forum posts, and when they do it is always a response of information the customer already knows. The Enforcement Team needs to be reworked entirely starting by firing all the employees that are working that currently and hiring employees that actually care for the customer.

343 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

MarkingRose3 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

142 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • StrikingScorpio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There's no number I can call and they won't tell me what my son did, who it happened with, or when it occurred. As a parent, it makes it difficult to deal with a situition with no information and our xbox is in the living room so I hear and see what he does.
    This ban was handed down without warrant and had he deserved it, I wouldn't care, but I can't even tell him what he did.
    Case review is a joke.

• icepicka4000 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

also there a pain to deal with can't get ahold of anybody know telephone numbers need to also have telephone numbers to contact the enforcement agency. If that's not

• icepicka4000 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

get rid of EX b l e p T's. Because they're making the gaming World a nightmare even on mixer

• Alaria Lautris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree with this thread. It is time for Enforcement Team to overhaul its policies and procedures.

I have suffered at their hands, and the forums are full of other testimonies.

There is a recurring theme: gamers all claim to have been victims of a honey-trap by cheats/modders/generally unpleasant people. They are not the instigators, but the victims. No court in the land would punish a victim, even if they reacted in an unintentional and/or inappropriate way. So what gives the Enforcement Team the right to do so?

In consequence, gamers’ integrity is destroyed – and that in itself is a bitter pill to swallow – and they become double victims of both the cheats/modders/unpleasant people and Microsoft through the Enforcement Team.

So you go on to the forums, for example, "Hardware, Services & Accounts \ Account" get treated like an idiot by certain so-called "Ambassadors" who are clearly led by example by the Ambassador Moderator (that's a joke in itself) and if you're really lucky and you don't get a throwaway, banal and wise guy remark, you'll get a standard message on the lines of: , “The Enforcement team does not use these forums...“

Well, perhaps the Enforcement Team should use those forums or at least be made aware of them. In business we call it, "listening to customer feedback". The fact that they don’t, just promotes their image as an autocratic, untouchable, unaccountable and unjust organisation. Is this what Microsoft really wants?

Somebody in Microsoft must do something, or say something, or escalate something, for pity's sake! Is this current situation really tenable? Are these issues just going to disappear overnight? I think not.

Enforcement policy and procedure needs to be overhauled as a matter of urgency. Fact.

Their appalling inconsideration of the gamer and the blanket use of bans etc has turned playing online with Xbox Live from a "fun" activity to a "risky" one. Come into contact with an unscrupulous person - prepare to be banned.

I bet that everyone who has the unfortunate experience of coming into contact with these people know that. If no one inside Microsoft has the will or the courage to take this on, then the job has to be done by the paying customers… or we could just go to Sony, which would be a lot easier, but a shame.

Make the Enforcement Team accountable to the paying customers. Don't hide and lock them away in some dark tower and let them do what they want.

• SxyQueenVampire commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is already a warning...Immediately before you signup for Xbox Live Account and a Gold Subscription...It'ss called Terms of Use which EVERY LAST ONE OF US AGREED TO...the difference between you and me is that I read it and most of you clicked through it without paying attention. There should be no additional warnings especially on a game rated for teens and up. You people are old enough t know better. The 1st time offense time depends on the severity of the infraction. If your gamertag is offensive to anyone you need to pay to change it since you had the indecency to create something offensive in the 1st place. The rest of us should not have millions of ignorant peoples issues passed down to us by way of fee increases. It is in every way the gamers fault if you created the offensive Gamertag and no one else's. A computer is designed to check for duplicated Gamertags not whether or not a customer is a sleazeball, perv, or just plain stupid, that is your parent's job. I am sure if you are willing to pay the $20 bucks/hour it would cost to hire and maintain these chat agents Microsoft would gladly look into it. Since an additional set of servers and all kinds of other resources would be necessary and the people who do not do or say stupid things should not have to have the fees handed down to us. If you would do dumb stuff dumb stuff wouldn't happen to you my mother always said stupid is as stupid does.

• Solofire4hire commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I strongly agree! Considering the amount of money spent on subscription/renewals, The Enforcement Team should 1st notify the person being reported to permit for a response. Then they should mediate and or investigate prior to suspending an account. Both parties should be protected until investigation is completed.

• ALaughinPirate commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Enforcement what the heck, kid gets mad at death, messages me talking crap. I sat there and tried to get the kid to stop, kid reports a message, and I get a communications ban? Following a gamer tag ban that I’ve had for 5 years with no issue but a person is a sore looser and reports it and I have to pay to get it changed? Are you guys serious? I’m going to PlayStation. Been with y’all since the original Xbox, but this is getting ridiculous. Even when the kid down right states that he is trying to get a ban on me. Thanks guys.

• cody3031 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I get messages saying o go kill your self fat *** die of aids you *** no but when I say *** off to someone I banned Microsoft needs to Foucs more on cheaters and modders then going on M rated games and banning them it’s not right I could understand going to a *** Minecraft group party with like kids and start swearing but not saying *** off to someone and getting banned in a M rated game it’s your right to swer and it’s your right to stand up for you self like I did and *** GOT BANNED FOR 2 WEEKS A MONTH ATOULY what is this generation you get banned for typing the banana emoji *** this *** bos am going to ps4

So the person gets away with it and he doesn’t get banned I should be the won the gets a rest I had this console for about 3 years am old to this console you guys can’t give me a *** brake I had my headset broken and my disks do not. Insert the *** tray and the console itself is almost broken can you guys unsuspend me really you guys do not Evan right back to us

Guys how long is my suspension on Xbox Live can you give me a *** date or time becouse your wasting my time. You think I have time for this *** so I looked at your main page and it said suspension 2 weeks which is a *** month guys guys please update this fake king box it’s a peace of *** and un suspend me becouse it’s almoste been 24 hours and still nothing I play this console becouse my friends have it not beacouse I like playing it but no seriously I need help my name is mr nightmare 8 on Xbox I changed it a while ago some one in a game called rainbow six sieage team killed me you no I wais *** but I Usually get killled so no difference but any way he rote to me saying sorry your name scared me and I said go *** your self and he said racist and he said am reporting you then I said go ahead becouse I never got banned before I have gotten reported but never banned so then he did couple minute go by an I immediately get kicked off my party so then I join back and it said on my little thing that I was muted and I can’t get that off so now am stuck with this and am banned for I don’t now how long

• MikeDaDonLegacy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You guys just banned me? I play a game with a 11 year *** based on the words he was using, Telling me to do some of the most extreme things i've ever heard anyone say, let alone a child and you ban me for msging him saying "You like that" with a banana emoji.... I killed him after he talked a bunch of **** and I get banned? I didn't even say or do anything wrong and you BAN ME FOR A WEEK ... WHAT !!? I filed a complaint and review of the case and guess what, YOU GUYS WARRANTED IT!? I seriously need to know who is working over there and making these decisions.. AND when I try to get help by calling customer support they literally say,"we cannot do anything" they can't assist in any direction or provide any feedback no'r are they set up to assist the customer. So I ask, What is I pay minimum $120 a year for if this the backlash and service I get... $120 with millions of customers and you Cannot offer assistance with suspended accounts? Microsoft, one of the WEALTHIEST companies in the world... Can't even offer the customer support people pay for. UNREAL.

• PatrickTP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was just suspended and didn't do anything but kick a player as a room admin and he got so mad he messaged me with all kind of nasty messages then told me that he reported me as guy posing as a woman trying to pick up young boys on xbox live. Are you kidding me?

Warcrimespsycho is his user tag. I can share the messages he sent me if you are interested.

Now my kids cant play on Xlive because of some jerk

• Snatchyblitz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Its shocking how many people are being banned, most don't even deserve it! #downwithxbenforcementteam

• BeefyBread528 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This stupid enforcement team does not give a crap at all. My son was suspended and no one will tell me why. There is no one I can actually talk to.. The stupid tech dept all they do go off a script. What is the point in having an account and paying them if they can just suspend you willy nilly and then not even tell you why.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base