Find ideas related to your Subscriptions or Xbox programs and policies

Repair Fraudulent Reputation System

Everyone knows the player reputation system is flawed because it invites childish people with a grudge to abuse it and skew the reputation of innocent players. However, that's not what this is about. The system is outright fraudulent, as it does not work the way Microsoft claims. The proof is visible on the account of anyone who actively plays online with random strangers and has been avoided by even one other player.

If you look at your rep, the first statement you'll see at the top left under Summary is, "Of the people you have played: __% preferred you or did not submit a review about you." The last 1/2 of this statement is a blatant lie. If the first percentage actually included folks who "...did not submit a review about you." the percentages would be in a constant state of flux for folks who actively play the online games with random strangers. Every single player you meet for the first time would have either a positive or negative impact on your rep, but that is not what's occurring.

I play Happy Wars online several times a week with 4-30 random strangers in each round. Since there are currently 17,028 other players in my league, most of the people I meet on the battle field are folks I'm playing with for the very first time. If Microsoft's statement were true my percentages would change at the end of every match, yet they nearly always stay static. The only time they change is that very rare occasion when someone takes the time to submit a review, and that one review causes a significant change in the percentages. I don't expect you to take my word for it; please check it out for yourself.

The way the system currently operates a single person opting to "Avoid" you can do significant damage to your rep, even when you play with hundreds of people a week who don't leave a review. Then there's no way to repair the damage that's been done, because most people aren't going to "Prefer" a stranger. If things worked properly, a little damage to a good player's rep would be quickly negated by all the folks who didn't leave a review. All I'm asking is that you repair the code so that the system operates in accordance with your own statement, i.e. include the players who did not submit a review.

I honestly believe most of the griping about the reputation system would dissipate if you would simply repair the code and make it work as you obviously intended. A good player's rep would be restored with continued online interactions with new folks, and a bad player's bad rep would actually be indicative of their bad behavior. Until you fix this the XBox reputations are literally meaningless.

616 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

LoftierTuba590 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

123 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • CleanlyRabbit55 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE READ!!!! Hello Guys,This is a Life Time transformation !!!Am so happy I got mine from Elizabeth. My blank ATM card can withdraw $3,300 daily. I got it from him last week and now I have $16,500 for free for just a week. The blank ATM CARD withdraws money from any ATM machines and there is no name on it, it is not traceable and now i have money for business and enough money for me and my family to live on. I am really happy i met Kelvin Roland because i met two people before him and they took my money not knowing that they were scams. But am happy now. Kelvin Roland sent the card through DHL and i got it
    in two days. Get your own card from him now he is not like other scammer pretending to have the ATM card, he is giving it out for free to help people even if it is illegal but it helps a lot and no one ever gets caught. i'm grateful to Kelvin Roland because he changed my story all of a sudden. The card works in all countries except Philippines and Mali. Kelvin Roland email address is kelvinroland.blankatm@outlook.com!

• Sandworm84 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I became an "Avoid Me" player because of the game Dead by Daylight. It's shameful on Microsoft's part that angry children can affect your rep because they're upset they lost a match. This is why I'm permanently switching loyalties to PS4 after spending several years and thousands of dollars on Xbox

• DoM EaTs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Xbox you should be ashamed of yourself, all these threads/complaints on fixing this broken/flawed system... just remove the whole system and re-work it's not that hard you guys are paid billions act like you're worth something to us.

• RayRayMonkey NS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i have been with xbox for over 10 years and never got banned or on avoid me rep ever since i started playing overwatch i was on need work and some guy with a smurf account said he will report me with all his 18 accounts and boom now im on avoid me..is there any way the enforcement team can take a look into my account this is not fair

• breastfast commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

People just report you when they lose and then you get punished for it. What a great system, no wonder why games are abandoning it.

• Solarhusky101 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I get suspended for a day cus the enemy team is tbagging and me out in and just cus im doing better then them and some of my teammates get mad just cus i used the gun they wanted this is really unfair

• PlAsKuS J3GArn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's the same with cheater reports. Me and my friends play alot on PC and therefore gets the extra reports. In the guidelines it says "We base our decisions on proof" but why am i and my friends still getting cheater reports when we're not cheating? It's outrageous and absurd for something like this to exist.

• xJio 666 fleeDx commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

on ne peut plus voir son niveau de reputation ni celui d'un ami !!! veulliez remettre un visuel sur le profil . merci

• hleb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This reputation system is a joke it's just a money making scheme so you will make a new account and buy all the games again because if it wasn't it would be managed properly
    I have bad reputation for reporting people for racism and homophobia I reported about 7 of them all friends so they obviously all reported me I was also receiving messages from loads of there friends days after the incident so how many people and friends they got to report me I don't know but I'll guess it was loads so since then I've had bad rep seriously Xbox is just taking the Micky now I've been given no reason as to why I have bad rep and no explanation
    but I can't play any games online well not the ones I want to anyway and Xbox don't have to give me an explanation or nothing even though I've purchased these games and now I can't play them this a scam surely!!!
    Im sick of being treated like a child who does not have a say this rep system is utter garbage and they couldn't care a less
    well I'm done with Xbox I'll just play my PS4 more now you don't get all this nonsense on there and I won't be playing or entertaining another Xbox console until this totally ridiculous shambles of a reputation system is sorted out its an absolute disgrace the way people are being treated but it's typical from Microsoft they couldn't care a less
    my suggestion is if you really want them to listen cancel your Xbox live and buy a PS4 when they lose loads of customers it's then and only then they will start to listen because the only thing these people care about is there bank balance and when that stops going up so quickly it's then and only then will they look into the reasons why
    and then they will have to do something about this pathetic reputation system!
    Instead of people talking about games and things like that people are talking about a pathetic flawed reputation system says a lot about Xbox don't it!!!

• Vegeta Ouji commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I dont get what you guys are complaining about, the system is garbage. I know plenty that have returned or sold on their Xboxs and got a PS4, or just stopped gaming in general. The community is a broken one, and the system is beyond repair. The support is less than useless, just saying to get out of Avoid me, play different games, yet while in avoid me, I cant find any matches on games I own.

So I went to PS4, its glorious over there, probably just as trash customer service, but at least they don't have false reports, making you unable to play games you paid for, on a service you paid for, (Grounds for a lawsuit btw) They have no leg to stand on if someone did stump up the money for false bans and false "avoid me" status. Hell, they've already been put on WatchDog for false bans, hit them with some more. You guys complaining isn't going to do anything, they aren't going to do anything. If anything its a nice money grab to force people to make new accounts and put more money into games.

• Easter6unny commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Back in bad rep with a mute on my account yet again for this flawed ***. It's just too *** easy to abuse the report system as is, you send one angry leading message to someone, they send one back with half a swear in it and it's an immediate suspension... with no action taken against the instigator whatsoever. Add the shittyness of the xbox community with it's majority of immature kids that can't play for *** reporting their betters, and you're basically guaranteed restrictions just for playing a significant amount of multiplayer games. I'll admit, I no-life video games, but I've *** WORKED to get to where I am, and it just drives me up the *** wall that just because I put in as much time as I do, I end up with restrictions purely because of numbers. I'm far from the nicest person, but I definitely don't deserve the repeated mutes just for defending myself.

• NarKotiKid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

System is flawed. Petty losers abuse it. Sort this out *Microsoft or I'm getting a PlayStation.

• alphatelos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was blocked from messaging. Have good reputation. I was reported cheating twice for some reason even though I don't know how I could possibly cheat a video game. How does Enforcement know the claims are real. Is there a way to find out who reported me cheating so I can block that person?

• GrowlingYapper commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That's where your going wrong they send trash to you just report them, As you have found out if you send trash back they will report you.

• Gameslayer2589 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Highly Agree with this. I've got -4 rep due to World of Tanks Trash servers disconnecting me every match.

• McLovin Hero commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've got the same issue. No idea how to fix it. Can't play online games I've paid for along with my Xbox Live subscription. Tottal rubbish...

• IG Airassault54 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The only way I have gotten around this is by hosting my own lobbies for GTA V. It's super crazy that I play with 2000 people or more a month that r my friends and I get reported. Regardless there are alot of false reports. If you have avoid me rep msg me for GTA V. IG Airassault54 is my tag. You can also make a new account and use your old account for home xbox setting. Hope this helps. Tell ur friends to add on new account. Hope this helps.

• II Gz BEAST II commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think it's ridiculous, ive been reported for cheating and I literally have no idea how that's possible?? I play online games, beat better players then get reported for cheating, they obviously don't check the accusations before affecting your rep which in turn ruins your online playability.. really not happy

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base