Find ideas related to your Subscriptions or Xbox programs and policies

Get A Banned Account Back (Enforcement Team Manners)

Permanently suspended and can't get your account back? Well I think you should be able to receive one warning for small actions like being a part of a modded lobby. If you're permanently suspended be able to buy your account back for a reasonable price.

I also think that the enforcement team should fit in with the customer support and actually learn how too type message responses instead of copying and pasting a reply.

935 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

UnwishedTooth5 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1409 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • SuperSpartan312 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If anything, not everyone because there are people who got banned by hacking, cheating, modding, etc, as well as people who REALLY went way too far with their words and crossed the line. Those do deserve a ban IMO, but Microsoft is just way too strict nowadays for comn bans. You say "F*** you" in a message to someone who trolled you and boom, you're banned. You accidentally join a modded lobby figuring out it's modded after joining and you're f***ed. On the other hand, people rarely get banned by exploiting glitches and stuff to their advantage in games, or trolling others, and THAT'S what they should be focusing on if you ask me.

Also, using modding tools for small stuff like further account customization and harmless fun isn't bad either. The modding community can elaborate so much stuff but since Microsoft limits people to their tools they restrict a lot of chances for fun. A system filtering what type of mods are allowed and which ones aren't could be a good idea. Modding for fun without harming others isn't bad; a great example is Gamecheat13. Now online mods for cheating in online games are obviously bad and those all deserve an instant ban, for sure.

Now back to the point, overall Microsoft needs to sit on the table and seriously reconsider what is ban-worthy and what isn't, as they should've realized by now their current system does more harm than good as they can see here, because:
    1: They really can't expect people to create a child friendly environment in a platform in where most mainstream games aren't precisely child friendly. To me they look like they want to create some kind of virtual utopia where everyone is happy and play content, but actually is more like a forced scenario where you get kicked out if you don't behave just like they want to, almost to dictatorship levels, but that just can't be possible. There will be salt, rage, trolling and swearing, and they need to acknowledge that.
    2: Kids are also getting banned because as opposed to the little innocent creature they make us look like, pretty much almost every kid that plays online nowadays know how to insult and they usually rage a lot when things don't go their way. However, kids usually don't have the sense of responsibility and self-control adults do and they aren't just gonna stand there when they're getting trolled. Sure, you could blame the parents for not controlling their kids, but do parents really need to be on top of their children when they do something as simple as to play videogames too? Videogames were made for entertainment and fun first and foremost, but kids would definitely hate their parents controlling them even when they're playing, and that ruins all the fun for them.
    My point: Microsoft can't expect everyone to behave excellent whether they're kids, teenagers or adults, and they're trying to control their players too much. There needs to be limits for sure, but the limits themselves are very controversial right now and re-making the system would greatly benefit the customers, and that would benefit Microsoft too. Customers need to be always the first priority of any company, as they're the source of their money after all. If customers aren't satisfied with the service they stop using it and that means less money for the company in question, this time being Microsoft.

That's all I have to say now, sorry for the long paragraph but I like to be detailed.

• ShazScary25 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Let me tell you something xbox enforcement you are going to make people quit xbox and go over to ps4 If i was u I would remove this and unban everyone there is something called mute

• pure evil29 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I got bannd talk.over the Xbox one to my went a kid call me name over the Xbox went it back fire on went reported on this is the 4 time I go bannd over kid play game went is I a18 year old to 16 year old game
    I just went to be unbanned this time why sure got bannd 1 place went the kid start it 1 I went I play rainbow six sega I get bannd not talk to friend over little kid play a 16 year old game
    I think my far it keep bannd over a kid said to

• RubricKitty3058 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My account was wrongfully banned and I am sick of this Enforcement Team and Microsoft not caring about anyone! Why even have a appeal option when it's looked over! Moving to PS4! They will never do me like this. I've lost over 30 games ( x$60 ) and I can't play any of them. Merry Christmas play station!!! I'll come back to Xbox if my account gets unbanned for the false accusation and harsh punishment. For now, peace!

• XBLETmasterV36 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@RealGTAGOD87

No Xbox one cannot unbanned you coz its only a console.

@Shark werewolf

No, there will be no refunds from Xbox live as its only an internet game service and you can't sue it coz its only an internet game service not a person.

@SleetyLand26709

Don't worry Perma banned are also being given to hackers, cheater, console modding or illegal acts, they all can get insta perma banned. However for people that can't stop abusing the messaging system or voice com, MS does give a chance to them to learn from their mistakes, but if still they never learn, they have no choice but to perma banned them so they will really learn this time and move on to either a new account or other service that has similar rules and punishment.

----------
    "Games, the only legal place to kill stupid people"

• Shark werewolf commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

if xbox live deleted people accounts and all the games bought downloaded..
    I will expect they will give money or they will be hearing for people lawyers for a law suit.... some people put a thousand a or more into games

• SleetyLand26709 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Permanent bans should really only ever be given in cases such as hacking , cheating , console modding or illegal acts but seriously for messaging people is jus ridiculous my real account has been wrongfully banned until 9999 and by then the scumbags at the enforcement team nor i will be around unless we carbon freeze our selfs and i just want my account back fam going thro a lot rn :( . I also think its exremly wrongful that you loose the right to everything you paid for after permanent ban e.g games bought + dlc + live and there is no warnings its just ridiculous.

@Spartan

Have it your way its a free country.

I'm giving my old standard Xbone to my relatives as their still stuck on 360.

Its my only reason to upgrade and at the same time help.

----------
    "Games, the only legal place to kill stupid people"

• SuperSpartan312 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm not getting one, simply because:

-No Money for one.

-No 4K TV so there's no point.

-No interest in the 4K itself anyways, everything the Xbox One X can do that I care about can be done by the Standard Xbox One too.

Plus while Xbox is my main platform, I'm not a fanboy of it. I'm literally way more excited to get a Nintendo Wii U than I'd be for an Xbox One X. Yes, you read it right, not a Switch, a Wii U.

XBOX ONE X Now releaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Got my day one edition YEEEEEEEEHA!

Console banned peeps now is the time to get a new one!

Best behave or it will happen again.

XBOX FOR LIFE!!!!!

• xCam2552x commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My gamer tag is xCam2552x, i was banned from xbox live and communications, two weeks later(on the day i was to get them back) i am informed that i will have another two weeks for no reason, please fix so i dont have to wait on a wrongful ban

• Aerial Smoke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i m so tired of xboxs c**p its annoying that i have paid xbox around 5000 dollars on games and other stuff and i can get banned at the drop of a hat. No one will hear our cries but the people here in the comments. xbox doesnt care about the more mature players they only car about the little kids who get butt hurt over a small little inconvience in their life. Whatever who is with me to say f**k xbox and go over to either ps4 or pc i m going to ps4 peace b****es.

• KroMoS Ch4oS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I told someone i was going to ddos them i was angry at the time and no I don't know how to i woke up and was permanently suspended after all my money and hard work.

• Grid Dawg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yea some things people say deserve a ban, but it's time these programmers make this console easier for everyone to play without having problems. they're rich and they're lazy..... MUST BE NICE

• Grid Dawg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

at this point, there is a difference between right and wrong, microsoft is in the wrong and treating customers like absolute trash with this system, it's sad that microsoft is trying to "teach people how to smack talk politely" when everyone who plays this console curses and says things they shouldn't. alls im sayin is you can't let the problem persist then get mad when i defend myself with cursing, like someone told me, this console is not rated, but the games in which are played on the console are. Yes this is a friendly community and should be, but how is this fair to me and my rights as a US citizen, i'm sorry but there is no possible way that microsoft can stomp all over federal laws, pretty much UN laws, and the 1st amendment right

• SunniestClown41 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks, Grid Dawg, looks like it's time for me to go read the TOS with a fine tooth comb. I see there have been a couple of class actions in the past, curious as to how those ended? It's a big financial loss for each person who gets banned since they lose access to all their games.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 70 71

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base