Find ideas related to your Subscriptions or Xbox programs and policies

Allow For More Than One Home Console For Xbox One

As it is right now, I won't be buying a second XB1 for upstairs since I would need to buy a second gold membership. Please come up with a way for one membership to cover my household. I'm fine with some sort of validation to ensure I'm not stealing benefits, perhaps give the option to opt in on always being connected to the internet for verification purposes.

5,707 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

OperativeOR10N shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Wolverine690 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with the OP. I currently only have 1 Xbox One S. I like using it as a main media device for movies, streaming etc. Many of my family have Xbox's as well. One of which uses them as I do though also for when grandkids come over. Currently they are paying for 4 Xbox Live accounts but this is becoming very costly for them.

I'm also wanting in the future with the purchase of my new home I'm having built to use Xbox's in various rooms also to do the same thing as well as be used for games. I have 4 adopted children with my wife and we are foster parents so we have times where we have more then the 4 kids.

However if MS doesn't make a change to allow multiple Xbox's to share a Live account I may have to come up with another option. But I would like to go with the Xbox One S/X solutions.

I understand there is some concern over this but I'm pretty sure there are easy ways to avoid non same home Xbox live account sharing. But really I think this would give a nice boost in sales for Xbox's if they allowed this... again I would be purchasing at least 3 other xbox's and possible another 1-2 in the future if things worked out well.

• FatalisSmilodon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have 2 xbox one x's and my son uses both of them frequently. Each house hold registering xboxs should be able to use the xboxs as a family... Im tired of switching my home xbox all the time so my son can play.

• m0nk3yb0y18 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft just needs to setup family accounts, so if someone in the family buys something, everyone in the family can use it; then set a hard limit of 6 for the family.

• NC0GNETO commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be cool if some feature like this was implemented, but of course you will have those who try to abuse it and ruin for everyone else. Like everyone else I have 2 Xbox X's of my own upstairs and downstairs, then my children have their own as well. I like to support the industry but buying 1 game multiple times for one household is not idea for anyone in my opinion.

• ryanedwards02 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I feel the same way with my home, we have three xboxes in the home, and i would like anyone in the house to be able to play the games that we have purchased. this would be similar to having a disk, but I can move it to whatever xbox i own. this would be similar to the family plan that they had in existance with the 360 that was discontinued because of abuse.

• My Evil Twin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

All Xbox consoles that you have on your private WiFi network should be considered home consoles.That would be more for people who have 2 or more consoles in their home.

• YogiApple commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Once someone signs in to both consoles within a short Window they should be linked and not require a password and allow all the games to run.

• midnitefirefly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please please please do this MS. This works fine with PS4. I would think you would want people to own multiple systems rather than make the process incredibly different.

• DIMMtheWittED commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have two consoles in the house, but I will not be buying a third for upstairs until this is done.

• danth3mannn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My two systems are of course on the same LAN, but walking between rooms is a nightmare.

• danth3mannn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

*** Microsoft for this. I'm going back to PS4. I own 2 consoles and have to keep signing in with my mandatory long password between consoles. The kids are done with Xbox because of this process.

Get it together guys. Fix this or I switch sides for good.

• SaviorMoney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is already a thing. Just set up 1 account as home on one Xbox and another account as home on the other Xbox. You should not have any problem playing all of your games between the 2 accounts. As long as you dont have 2 people trying to play on the same account at the same time, you dont have to worry about being signed out

• Rabbich San commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have two daughters who would love to play with each other on their own xbox but with only one home xbox they have to use my gamertag to be able to play with each other

• Sylin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love this. We are a multi-Xbox household. The "Home" Xbox One S is in our bonus room upstairs, but it would be ideal if everyone could access the same content on the Xbox One X that I have downstairs in the living room, especially since I have a massive library.

Steam allows family game sharing as long as both PCs are on the same network/router. Xbox Family Sharing could theoretically work the same way.

This method isn't 100% immune to abuse. For example, it could be exploited at a dorm or apartment where people share internet. But I'd be OK with some type of 2-layer verification -- like needing mobile verification from the primary account -- to enable the feature at specific intervals.

Come on, Microsoft! If you really want Xbox One to be the console for everyone in the family, and promote multi-Xbox households, this kind of family sharing is ESSENTIAL.

• WonkiestMonk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, it’s theur fault for not adding system link for LAN. They need to do something about that.

• Me1648 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you have 2 Xbox’s you just need to link your accounts to home Xbox if you have 3 ask a friend if it’s ok to come over to link his account. It’s a pain if you have 3 but it’s sadly the only quick way to do it.

• TwoPlyEJG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would greatly appreciate this as well. I remember when the Xbox one was first announced the "big idea" was that it would be more than a gaming machine but a home entertainment system and as someone with three I find I am ALMOST there. The one huge hurdle that prevents Xbox from being able to fulfil this dream they claimed to have at launch is the limitation to two Xboxs. I will say I appreciate the opportunity to be able to voice my opinion here micrsoft. I just hope it's received.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 21 22

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base