Find ideas related to your Subscriptions or Xbox programs and policies

Allow For More Than One Home Console For Xbox One

As it is right now, I won't be buying a second XB1 for upstairs since I would need to buy a second gold membership. Please come up with a way for one membership to cover my household. I'm fine with some sort of validation to ensure I'm not stealing benefits, perhaps give the option to opt in on always being connected to the internet for verification purposes.

3,998 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

OperativeOR10N shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

367 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • golferguy88 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

here's the problem... I am in college and had the xbox one s, my brother back home has an xbox one and that's my home xbox so that he can play all my games. I just bought the xbox one x and was gonna give my s to my youngest brother so we could all play together, but the problem is... only 2 xboxs can play at a time. Could you allow one home console per version of console? is that possible?

• MOYTIE18 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

they should make a spot in the setting where there are three spots for Xbox home. So for each Xbox your trying to make home, it will take up one of three spots. Seems easy enough and it’s a money saver so I don’t have to buy and extra copy for a game for my kids. PLEASE just make this happen so my kids stop complaining, and constantly ask my they get the game and they don’t.

• vManning commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I own 4 Xbox ones in 4 different places as I don’t stay in the same place for too long and this feature to have more than one home Xbox is needed, I can’t afford 2 gold memberships, like come onnnnn, ps3 let you share with up to 5 consoles, you really gonna let Sony’s last hen console have something up on you microsoft

• succubus669 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This one should merge with my xbox live family plan. We all have our own machines and can't play together because of xbox live not applying to all the machines.

• extreme rockice commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can do this with two, just set it up like this;

Profile A xbox, set as Profile B home xbox

Profile B xbox, set as Profile A home xbox

Setting up like this will allow membership sharing for two, and allow access to all games no matter which account purchases, through it is most wise to purchase on the profile with the most time playing. This way a third xbox for just Profile A/B will still have all the games, also make sure that that same profile has the gold subscription.

• CJPATT03 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just bought a xbox one x and put my old xbox one downstairs. Now it signs me in on one and out on the other. Takes me back to the menu when it signs me out on either one. This is definitely a stupid problem to have.

• TheFryishLuck commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

my brother just got the new xbox one x and he gave me the other xbox he had and he made his account home xbox on the 1x and now i have no xbox live or games plz change this i cant buy myself games or membership:(

• floss76xoxo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi all I'm losing the will to live right now... both my boys had Xbox 360s with their own Xbox live accounts..... no problems what so ever..... they have both saved money and upgraded to Xbox ones now having Xbox live issues on one of the Xboxs...... why is this? My daughter still has a 360 and has no issues please help me rectify this issue before the Xbox goes on a flying lesson

• KirbyOfOcala commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At least let us have 2 home xboxs.........other wise it is like SlingTV, DirecTV Now or any other streaming service to only allow one stream per account....BLAH

• NiCkDee24 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally agree with this. I have xbox live gold on a low income and i just got my son an xbox one for christmas. What i did was set HIS xbox as the 'home xbox' for my gold but then my partner can't use her profile on my xbox now because he is, so i changed it back thus locking out being able to changing it. I contacted xbox who told me that i'm allowed 3 changes only. So they kindly removed the 3 changes and let me change it back to the original home xbox. But now my son can't share my gold priviledges. Do i really need to buy 2 xbox live gold just for the sake of my son playing? This needs to a feature for sure. Maybe 7.99 if you want an additional profile in the same household. Maybe even an IP checker to make sure you're not sharing it with friends? It's surely possible.

• MadDogMattis123 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can have two consoles with one live account...set both as "home consoles" with the "master account", then have different log ins for different people/children. You just can't log in with the same account on two consoles.
    Option 1:

Console 1: "Dad" is the owner with the live account set as home console (not logged in)
    "Charlie" logs in and plays Minecraft
    "Mary" has an account but isn't logged in

Console 2: "Dad" is the owner with the live account and set as home console
    "Dad" logs in and plays GTA5
    "Charlie" has an account but isn't logged in
    "Mary" has an account but isn't logged in

Option 2:

Console 1: "Dad" is the owner with live account and sets as home console (not logged in)
    "Charlie" logs in and plays Minecraft

Console 2: "Charlie" is the owner with no live account and sets as home console
    "Dad" logs in as a guest and plays any game on his live account or inserts disc
    "Charlie" logs in with "Dad" account and plays any game on "Dad" live account or inserts disc

The difference is with the second option, all players would have to log in with the "Dad" account to use live because "Charlie" does have a live account. You just have to remember that "Dad" can't be logged into two consoles at the same time.

• juggaleazy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This should be a reality already if they are both in your home then.... would make things a lot easier

• axcraft gaming commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A second xbox on the same house can be set as a relay to the first one. Pair 2 xbox and refuse to play the same game on 2 xbox, but let play all other...

← Previous 1 3 4 5 18 19

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base