Find ideas related to your Subscriptions or Xbox programs and policies

Allow For More Than One Home Console For Xbox One

As it is right now, I won't be buying a second XB1 for upstairs since I would need to buy a second gold membership. Please come up with a way for one membership to cover my household. I'm fine with some sort of validation to ensure I'm not stealing benefits, perhaps give the option to opt in on always being connected to the internet for verification purposes.

4,276 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

OperativeOR10N shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

382 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • SinisterDex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have a PC and 2 Xbox Ones at home. Yet even with Xbox Everywhere it is still not possible for my family to play together on all 3 devices. It's quite the bummer really.

• TrueAbyssCinder commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would come in handy as we have 2 Xbox Ones and only play on one, perhaps add an option to share your membership with gametag?

• I AM A PATRIOT5 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As soon as possible. Really bad that I can't just use both of my Xbox one's as converters at the same time

• CloakedViper commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

why cant xbox be like steam. I can have steam on multiple pc's and as long as i don't try running a game on both at the same time its fine. I don't want to take my cable off of my older xbox ( it took a long time for my wife to warm up to it) , but it is driving me nuts

• scottyrob82 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I completely agree. I just bought a second Xbox One for my bedroom and almost all of games are digital. I paid lots and lots of money and I think it's unfair that they all have to be tied to one console.

• Morgma commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like the idea of a "home LAN" having some special consideration. I get the need to regulate how much "free" sharing can go on. However, considering all of my Xboxes are on the same local network, why not invent a way for me to designate a console to be the "home" for a particular game. Then I can still only play that game a max on 2 consoles and this would only apply to multiple Xboxes on the same network - perhaps do something to rule out impossible travel (I understand a small perctage of people might go to the trouble of some VPN hack). Anyway, I think this would prove to the benefit many of you frustrated Xbox customers out there. In my particular situation, I have 3 XBox One consoles - mine, my son's and the "family" one. Let me change the local Home of "Lego Worlds" between "his" Xbox and the "Family" one at will (as many Home 'pins' as I want to do) - so that particular game can run on another LAN console without my profile being signed in. Then I could set the "Witcher 3" to be 'home pinned' on the "family" Xbox since I'm usually signed into my own Xbox. This is the most usable scenario because I'm not setting up my son's live account as a "pay" account - I like to own all of the games under my own Live profile - all in one place; but the deployment of those games to my 3 home consoles is where I need a little give from Microsoft so I can make it more usable - otherwise, XBox One console ownership starts to look like a maximum of 2 without double purchasing every game or setting up a multiple pay Live accounts - it's just a mess for everyone!

• Bailey King commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It looks like Microsoft is struggling with our changing lifestyle. Multiple XBs, played by different people in the same household, and not always the same XB, is wanted by a lot of people. It's technically and financially possible, but the infrastructure to support it just isn't there yet. Let's have some vision about the future of online gaming.

• OMOne2 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would really like to see home sharing/home gold be extended to additional consoles on the home network. I'd like to get another box for a spare room, but it's really not worth it at this point since my kid won't be able to really use it. Why not tie the sharing to accounts instead of consoles or allow the local consoles to verify permissions with each other. Like local streaming/network transfers.

• Quaz7829 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I currently have one Xbox one in my house. I’d like to possibly buy a second or third one if I didn’t need a gold membership for each Xbox.

• WeirdTime commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. I have 2 consoles, but will not buy a third even though I want one - because of this reason

• TazDevil79 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have an xbox one and an xbox one s . . the one is set up as the home console so anyone can log into this xbox and use my live while I log in to the one s and play the same game . . this one works for digital games unless you have two discs. You can download and play digital games on both consoles at the same time. All this to tell you that I got a One X for Christmas and can't share anything with the third console . . . really PO'd!

• LC BR commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I now have an 2 Original Xbox Ones, 1 S and one X... I wish me and my 2 kids could just play together without having to buy multiple Live subscriptions and copies of a game.

• DaDa5069 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree entirely, with an X360, XB1 and XB1X in the house, getting constantly kicked to the main menu every time another console turns on is getting old real fast. Especially as it even impacts things like watching videos on YouTube.

There has to be a way that a gold subscriber can link multiple Xbox consoles to their account.

• xWA11BANG3Rx commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

They definitely need to make gold sharing available on three to five consoles. I just bought a third console for my kids for Christmas and I was thinking that I wouldn't have to hear "Is it my turn on the Xbox?" every five minutes anymore. If I would have know that I would have just got them a Switch. Now I have to buy two copies of the games that we all want to play together on our individual consoles.

• golferguy88 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

here's the problem... I am in college and had the xbox one s, my brother back home has an xbox one and that's my home xbox so that he can play all my games. I just bought the xbox one x and was gonna give my s to my youngest brother so we could all play together, but the problem is... only 2 xboxs can play at a time. Could you allow one home console per version of console? is that possible?

• MOYTIE18 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

they should make a spot in the setting where there are three spots for Xbox home. So for each Xbox your trying to make home, it will take up one of three spots. Seems easy enough and it’s a money saver so I don’t have to buy and extra copy for a game for my kids. PLEASE just make this happen so my kids stop complaining, and constantly ask my they get the game and they don’t.

• BOOM H Y L T commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With people getting another Xbox X in the household it is about time this problem if fixed.

• vManning commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I own 4 Xbox ones in 4 different places as I don’t stay in the same place for too long and this feature to have more than one home Xbox is needed, I can’t afford 2 gold memberships, like come onnnnn, ps3 let you share with up to 5 consoles, you really gonna let Sony’s last hen console have something up on you microsoft

← Previous 1 3 4 5 19 20

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base