Find ideas related to your Subscriptions or Xbox programs and policies

Add an under-age report function

There's nothing worse, or game killing than having a 12 year old kid screaming squeaky obscenities in your ear whilst playing a game that is clearly not age appropriate (HALO, Gears, COD). Lets face it, its the reason most adults here DON'T use their headsets any more unless they are in party chat with friends.

My Idea is simple. Add an "under-age gamer" category in the report a gamer function and the Xbox team will be able to quickly and easily identify the under-age gamers and have them play in a "kiddies corner" where all the under-age kids can scream squeeky vulgarities at each other, leaving the grown ups to enjoy gaming in peace.

561 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Sp1der1976 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

46 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • CleanlyRabbit55 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE READ!!!! Hello Guys,This is a Life Time transformation !!!Am so happy I got mine from Elizabeth. My blank ATM card can withdraw $3,300 daily. I got it from him last week and now I have $16,500 for free for just a week. The blank ATM CARD withdraws money from any ATM machines and there is no name on it, it is not traceable and now i have money for business and enough money for me and my family to live on. I am really happy i met Kelvin Roland because i met two people before him and they took my money not knowing that they were scams. But am happy now. Kelvin Roland sent the card through DHL and i got it
    in two days. Get your own card from him now he is not like other scammer pretending to have the ATM card, he is giving it out for free to help people even if it is illegal but it helps a lot and no one ever gets caught. i'm grateful to Kelvin Roland because he changed my story all of a sudden. The card works in all countries except Philippines and Mali. Kelvin Roland email address is kelvinroland.blankatm@outlook.com!

• BicoloredCoffee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Richard Sticky I just wanna re-post here what you said, because you described the Enforcement Team perfectly:

"Average adults are basically left out to dry for being adults due to the hypocritical code of conduct combined with the most over sensitive subjective group of unprofessional totalitarians known as The Enforcement Team."

They are seriously some of the worst people. They act like they're doing something good when they punish someone for getting *** off at others who are being abusive, and don't punish them. I honestly don't feel like they give a *** about anything except swearing.

• The Canadian Ox commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have been saying this for years as the average age of a gamer is something like 32. I'm not playing to babysit your kid. Real people swear in real life. Timmy should be playing in the day care area of xbox.

• ErrLee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I started a vote for a system that would block profanity automatically using ***** but then also have an 18+ option that would remove that block and potentially block/mute any user in game who was underage. I'm sick of receiving chat bans for swearing! I'm 25 I should be able to swear when I want. Not to mention it's our 1st amendment right......

• LittleJon123 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This process has 0 transparency and 0 chance for an actual appeal of any kind. We are going to give you an intentionally vague ban explanation including saying it isn't necessarily anything from anytime recently and then ask you to give a detailed explanation of your side of what got you banned... Ya know, that thing they won't tell you about.... THEN if you put a case review in, they give you another canned response that appears to have come from a robot after a preset amount of time. There is quite a bit of evidence floating around that the Xbox Enforcement Team will allow vulgar and disgusting comments against players based on their political views without any repercussions towards those willing to attack people based on those views. That is disgusting that Microsoft would support and encourage such behavior. This is America and people have a right to their views without political persecution that clearly falls under Xbox Terms and Conditions being violated without any repercussions due to the political views of the Enforcement Team. Sickening and shameful.

• Wulf the Dark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Make the enforcement team do something useful, and start banning accounts that let minors play online in M rated titles. Those games are meant for adults, and i for one am tired of playing a game online just to get cussed out by a child. If retailers get fined for not enforcing the esrb ratings then so should the game companies. Just start with something simple, like having a minor option in the reporting screen.

• Richard Sticky commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wow, there are still reasonable human beings left on Xbox Live. Thank you!

Right, now they've put power in the hands of the children and those who wish to carry out harassment using the complaint system. I'm not sure how they didn't foresee kids abusing the system.

Average adults are basically left out to dry for being adults due to the hypocritical code of conduct combined with the most over sensitive subjective group of unprofessional totalitarians known as The Enforcement Team.

Its time to stand up and restore what was once the go to console for mature gamers.

• BornRaver86 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the reson they wont do anything about this and do t care even tho its illegal for the underage kids to be on the game they know full well even tho there are lots ov over 18s who play gta cod etc they know thats only roughly 5% at most who play and have there games its a wopin 60% plus i reckon if not this much its alot more then over 18s and they know full well this is going on but do not care or wont to reslove this beacuse at the end of the day they get money for game money fore live money for add ons money for store moneh for upgraee and basically mkney that is the keh word MONEY and this is ypwots rong they are so money focused and there main concern they dont wont to admit or resolve this issue due to profits would drop now i know if we got reported to the police or the new rule about underage gamers on over 18 games the goverment in uk is in talk about bringing in a waring first tkme fine second and possible prison thierd this is a growwing issue and xbox and the game cumpanys need to sort this out we dont mind kids on the game when they are conditioning the way they are but we all know this will never happen due to xbox game cumpanys number one concern is profit witch is money but i reckon is a pertison or movement is started then they would start to listen due to bad press profits would drop and would be left no choice i just hope they start to lisren to real customers

• CKS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My idea was subordinated to a comment to someone else's idea. Please read my CKS comments in this idea:

https://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/251647-gaming-achievements/suggestions/6031683-iq-based-player-matching-system

The moderator heavily redacted it several places without fully indicating what they had cut out. In one indication for content word deletion the moderator took offence to the word "vegetable" and that is the word missing by moderator action.

It involves giving a timed pop quiz to the user at the controller to verify mental age, knowledge, logic, grammar, reasoning, rhetoric, background, etc, all in a timed way to prevent the user from looking up the answers on the Internet via search engine, thereby cheating the system.

In a subsequent comment there I realized that adults could pose as children to prey upon them in higher level thinking games and slaughter them like flies and that some mechanism must exist to boot these people back to where they belong--some kind of behavioral outcome estimation in gaming results or similar such thing.

I too play a lot of Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3, and kids routinely misbehave and get the rest of the team killed through "amusing" pranks, juvenile behavior and so on. Sometimes 3 enemy MOABs in a row are called in due to their "unintentional" boosting of the enemy skills, scores, perks, and weapons capabilities. This is abuse I pointed out in another comment elsewhere that is worse than child exposure to profanity, but not as bad as physical abuse.

At one point on the Xbox V1 console vintage 2001 there was an online first person shooter game named Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six-3. It used a per map player ranking calculation based on one used to rank chess players. This ranking was displayed just prior to game startup so that other players knew what they were up against in the game that was about to start. It was also used to balance the teams. This system could be cheated by a very good player that had a gaming friendly Internet connection by letting his new account or poor playing friends repeatedly kill his non-playing in game Xbox Live soldier. There should be ways to detect this kind of cheating too...

• GoldenGamer1223 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That's not fair im 13 I don't squeak I don't use a Mic that often and if im in the little kid group it won't be a challenge

• KAG1858 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seriously.. Why is up to every one else to mute children in games rated for adults..

• InFo rebound commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Or, you could just mute them. I am 21 my self, but xbox don't really care if they are under age. Most of the 18+ games fan base are under the age of 14. Seriously, all microsoft want is money, they are a corporation

• Detroit Daddy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like the idea of being able to separate minors from adults when on Xbox live but this should be the minors' parents choice to place them in this under 18 restriction. And ask those over 18 should be able to decide whether to include or exclude the under 18 group players when playing online.

• FlatJam313 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Um, but its not your responsibility to say if they are immature or not, even if they obviously are. They have every legal right to be playing the game (in the U.S.) but not in a bar, so that analogy doesn't apply. Digital harassment is much different than physical harassment, instead of calling the police, you report them, the normal way. Your way takes away rights and is kind of biased. I almost feel like flagging it... its like you are completely stereo-typing children!

• Sp1der1976 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to make something very very clear, I have nothing against children (I have a son myself) nor have I got anything against children playing games, solo or online so long as they do it with respect for others they play with.

Just last night I was playing GTA online and a pair of boys were spamming the chat with loud music and abusive and trolling language.

Now, why should I, an adult, who works to earn the money to play my games, have my experience ruined by those too young to be able to buy the game legally (on your own, if need be)?

If they snuck ino a pub/bar and behaved that way, they would get thrown out, if they were lucky. Why should the online/digital space have a different set of rules to the real world. If minors are clearly too immature to behave in a social and responsible way, the clearly see not mature enough to be playing a violent game chock full of sex and drug references

I'm not advocating Microsoft take away the ability for these kids to play their games, but what i am suggesting is that they are removed from the general gaming populace, until they are mature enough to play online games in an acceptable way.

I'm not trying to parent other people's kids, but I am trying to stop my hard earned gaming time being spoilt.

← Previous 1 3

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base