Find ideas related to your Subscriptions or Xbox programs and policies

Don't Require Live Gold for Free-to-play Games With Online

All Free-to-play games should be playable without Xbox Live Gold account. This is against the sense of free-to-play.

483 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

DamienFactor shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
  • MidlifeSkate10 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was playing Fortnite and I decided to spend my money on the battle pass. Now I can't play, because I don't have gold. This sucks and now I don't want to give another penny to Microsoft those greedy dirt bags.

• TombstoneLand15 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This should happen I got a Xbox and I wanted to play Fortnite, but it wouldn't let me, because I didn't have gold. If Xbox could change this it would be greatly appreciated.

• UsernameNo11 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seriously though I broke my ps4 controller and I'm going to sell my xbox one just to buy a new controller because of this.

• CraftyAtom1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

guys i just want to play online with more people, microsoft i got an xbox to play with my friends i just want to play with my friends

• AoShinigami835 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In my opinion the Xbox will always be the superior console. But now I feel like i'll have to downgrade my console just to have games that are actually free. Microsoft please listen to me, when a free to play game is free to play, don't make us pay to play. All I ask is that free to play games should be free to play. I'm not saying to get rid of gold to play games like GTA V online. PlayStation is beating you guys, will you take defeat or will you be victorious?

• Destroyer7242 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Completely agreed, it is so annoying that it says free to play but you have to play for Xbox Live Gold. No wonder most of my friends like PlayStation.

• VicenaryGnat767 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

at first i thought that xbox 1x was the way to go because of the f2p games and you need xbox gold to play, what THE HECK, now i know why my friends like playstation more

• EightPine65 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft are being a bit greedy here the whole point of this is FREE TO PLAY not needing gold

• CantToughThis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That is why I prefer PC gaming. You only have to pay for the WiFi that you use and maybe any paid games, but with Xbox and PlayStation, you have to buy "Xbox Live Gold" or "PlayStation Plus"! It is just a cheap way to get more money. This deserves over a thousand more votes.

• IrshadGTA4250 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes this is true. its says download something for free and you need xbox live gold like fortnite on xbox you need xbox live gold but on ps4 no ps plus is needed

• TweeHickory3837 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I did a lot of research before deciding on xbox, but missed this subtext.... I hate my xbox, costs me money every time I turn it on it seems and just getting access to internet based media should not cost me extra. My kids can play roblox on our microsoft pc, but on our super cool xbox we now have to pay for the very same games. What a rip off.

• Patrick1055 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft, please listen to us, you guys did a good job with EA Acces that the competitor does not have, and Retrocompatibility, but you need to put the Games that are free for no need to have Live Gold, since on PS4 you do not need to sign PSN PLUS to play the free games online

← Previous 1 3 4

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base