Find ideas related to your Subscriptions or Xbox programs and policies

Don't Require Live Gold for Free-to-play Games With Online

All Free-to-play games should be playable without Xbox Live Gold account. This is against the sense of free-to-play.

523 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

DamienFactor shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

78 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • ThrownHarp69633 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

sadly spent 10+ hours downloading free to play tera online just to be told please pay just need to buy a pc at this point

• StockDeath commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Lol microsoft will not even look at this topic, well i am with you guys and i am regretting
    Choosing xbox one s over ps4.

• WabitIntruder commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

F**k Microsoft, I hope bill gate gets hit by a bus. Why this??
    I wasted my data which I had to pay for jst to download gigantic(which is not even much of a great game) and now all I get from is a stupid tutorial and a runaround empty place to play in, I can't even gain Any achievements cus I need a gold account to even play any part of the game.
    Take for instance, you have a f2p game like roblox and you still got a game you purchased like Gta5 or Gow4 and then you subscribe for a gold account.
    Would you ever think about playing roblox when you got GTA 5 to play online on? It jst makes the free to play games completely useless. They're supposed to be played freely why you may ask?.... BECAUSE THERE ARE FREAKING FREE TO PLAY GAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

the thing about the xbox is that it's a console that once you buy it, you constantly deliberate on switching it for a ps4 or even a switch(which at least f2p games are f2p) that stupid bill gates is making money from us all and it'll be satisfying to me if the entire xbox fans switch to PS completely.

This is 2018 and this stupid issue have not been resolved, they just market the console and forget about the users, it's only once a breach or glitch that benefits the customers is discovered that they rush into action to patch it and not loose money.
    I could swear that i've never seen any of my PlayStation friends have any thoughts about switch thier console for the xbox or something else.
    I've been an Xbox fan for a long time now, I started from the original Xbox to the first 360 and later switched to the slim(due to red ring of death) and now I got the Xbox one only to come face such massive disappointments.

The failures of the xbox are much and they jst keep on baseing on nonsense irrelevant issues like the 4k resolution crap. Although it's good to have game in 4k but how is it important when PlayStation keep getting all the good games and turning them into exclusives. They also say they give out free games on the gold account, then they give you those stupid games that were made by 9 year olds, games like "too hot".

Let f2p be f2p and gosh! , if this gold *** continues, I'll have to smash my xbox one and keep my 360 because it's RGH(cus then I get everything free instead of being robbed constantly) then I'll discourage everyone I know not to buy the stupid console.

Sony understands what it means to be involved in true gaming, and I've never seen anyone on the Sony website talk much about Microsoft than they talk about Sony here. It's like they aren't even listening at all. They just place these stupid bots in this forum and go on vacations while eating our money spent monthly on gold subscription. Fix your problems Microsoft, I'm starting to get tired, and since I bought the stupid console, I seem to find myself on the Microsoft website more than usual.
    This is robbery at it's core.

And I don't want to hear that crap from people about cost of servers, Microsoft is richer than Sony but the same games are f2p as they are supposed to be on the play station, so what else are they struggling to maintain on the f2p servers. It's not like there is any difference in these games.

• WabitIntruder commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

F**k Microsoft, I hope bill gate gets hit by a bus. Why this.
    I wasted my data which I had to pay for jst to download gigantic(which is not even much of a great game) and now all I get from it is a stupid tutorial and a runaround empty place to play in, I can't even gain Amy achievements cus I need a gold account to even play any part of the game.
    Take for instance, you have a f2p game like roblox and you still got a game ypu purchased like Gta5 or Gow4 and then you subscribe for a gold account.
    Would you ever think about playing roblox when you got GTA 5 to play online on? It jst makes the free to play games completely useless. There supposed to be played freely why you may ask?.... BECAUSE THERE ARE FREAKING FREE TO PLAY GAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

the thing about the xbox is that it's a console that once you buy it, you constantly deliberate on switching it for a ps4 or even a switch(which at least f2p games are f2p) that stupid bill gates is making money from us all and it'll be satisfying to me if the entire xbox fans switch to PS completely.

This is 2018 and this stupid issue have not been resolved, they just market the console and forget about the users, it's only one a breach or glitch that benefits the customers is discovered that they rush into action to patch it and not loose money.
    I could swear that i've never seen any of my PlayStation friends have any thoughts about switch thier console for the xbox or something else.
    I've been an Xbox fan for a long time now, I started from the original Xbox to the first 360 and later switched to the slim(due to red ring of death) and now I got the Xbox one only to come face such massive disappointments.

The failures of the xbox are much amd they jst keep on basing on nonsense irrelevant issues like the 4k resolution crap. Although it's good to have game in 4k but how is it important when PlayStation keep getting all the good games and turning them into exclusive. They also say they give out free games on the gold account, then they give ypu those stupid games that where made by 9 year olds, games like "too hot".

Let f2p be f2p and gosh, if this gold *** continues, I'll have to smash my xbox and keep my 360 because it's RGH(cus then I get everything free instead of being robbed constantly) then I'll discourage everyone I know not to buy the stupid console.

Sony understands what it means to be involved in true gaming, and I've never seen anyone on the Sony website talk much about Microsoft than they talk about Sony here. It's like they aren't even listening at all. They just place these stupid bots in this forum and go on vacation while eating our money spent monthly on gold subscription. Fix your problems Microsoft, I'm starting to get tired, and since I bought the stupid console, I seem to find myself on the Microsoft website more than usual.
    This is robbery at it's core.

• HeyCommander91 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree this is the most stupidest *** Microsoft has ever done it makes no logical sense why would they make you pay Xbox Live Gold in order to play free to play games? it's called free to play for a reason because you don't have to buy the game in order to play it or require any subscription payment in order to play it but Microsoft decided to put it behind a *** paywall they are just as worse than Sony at least on PlayStation you can actually play free to play games without PS Plus because it's not required just like PC you don't have to pay anything it's absolutely free this really does defeat the purpose of free-to-play concept and obviously Microsoft doesn't understand that concept they need to seriously allow people with Xbox live silver to play free to play games without gold not everyone can afford Xbox Live Gold 12 month membership and spend $60 per year well I do LOL 😆👍 it's no wonder why PlayStation is attracting more free to play players than Xbox I enjoy DCUO on my PS4 Pro more than I do on my Xbox One S because you literally have to pay Xbox Live Gold in order to play it screw that I decided to not play no free to play games on Xbox it's *** dumb I have all of my free to play games installed on my PS4 Pro with boost mode best experience ever I get no lag no FPS drop it's a smooth butter water slide experience come on Microsoft you can do way better than this instead of acting greedy as *** and forcing people to pay Xbox Live Gold in order to play free to play games and allow us to play free to play games with silver membership only then you will attract more people on Xbox but that will never happen if you continue with this dumb Market strategy I guarantee it will not work you will only force people to switch over to PlayStation so you are losing money in the process so you're not gaining anything by doing this it's really a shame Microsoft has become this greedy when will greedy companies ever learn that it's not about the money it's about what customers want with the product they purchased with their hard earned money so if I were you Microsoft you better change the way you treat free to play games if not your loss 😑👎

• scawenger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Considering moving to Playstation, have been a Xbox since the first release and have owned and is owning all current Xbox releases.

Xbox (first gen)
    Xbox 360 (like 3 of em, and one is modded)
    Xbox One
    Xbox One S

Currently Xbox Scorpion is the only console i have not owned from Microsoft.
    and im hella happy i did not fall for this console since of the requirement for Gold membership for F2P games.

I've had Playstation 1 (first ever) and Playstation 2 but thats all.
    And now im going for the PS4 or maybe the PS4 Pro, because what i understand, F2P games are actually "Free 2 Play" and not some *** "monthly fee"

Just a headsup there Microsoft (also, W10 is one of the worst operating systems since the release of Windows millennium "we have not forgotten millennium you ***" ) i work with IT and currently, no other operating system have fallen so hard as with this release. Im also moving to Linux for this reason (only keeping windows as a pure gaming capable platform)

• MidlifeSkate10 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was playing Fortnite and I decided to spend my money on the battle pass. Now I can't play, because I don't have gold. This sucks and now I don't want to give another penny to Microsoft those greedy dirt bags.

• TombstoneLand15 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This should happen I got a Xbox and I wanted to play Fortnite, but it wouldn't let me, because I didn't have gold. If Xbox could change this it would be greatly appreciated.

• UsernameNo11 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seriously though I broke my ps4 controller and I'm going to sell my xbox one just to buy a new controller because of this.

• CraftyAtom1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

guys i just want to play online with more people, microsoft i got an xbox to play with my friends i just want to play with my friends

• AoShinigami835 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In my opinion the Xbox will always be the superior console. But now I feel like i'll have to downgrade my console just to have games that are actually free. Microsoft please listen to me, when a free to play game is free to play, don't make us pay to play. All I ask is that free to play games should be free to play. I'm not saying to get rid of gold to play games like GTA V online. PlayStation is beating you guys, will you take defeat or will you be victorious?

• Destroyer7242 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Completely agreed, it is so annoying that it says free to play but you have to play for Xbox Live Gold. No wonder most of my friends like PlayStation.

• VicenaryGnat767 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

at first i thought that xbox 1x was the way to go because of the f2p games and you need xbox gold to play, what THE HECK, now i know why my friends like playstation more

← Previous 1 3 4

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base