Find ideas related to your Subscriptions or Xbox programs and policies

Make Multiplayer Free!

Make the multiplayer part of Xbox Live free, as it is on PC!

[Mod edit: This idea was merged with a similar post from nastynyce757jr1. Thanks, everyone!]

9,565 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Talkarbob shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
  • MrFRAGZa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Multiplayer should be free...coz now we pay to play free to play games wich only works online coz its online games...nd we allready paid for our games why still pay to play online...we could all just go to PC then no one buys consoles anymore nd we love consoles...not juat tht but alot of people would switch to console gaming when multiplayer is free

• Steve Thunderer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

• m0nk3yb0y18 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wouldn't count on this, Microsoft is about making you do what they want ... just think about internet explorer. It's the #1 browser in the world for downloading another browser. Microsoft got tired of people switching away from Internet Explorer so they made it more difficult to change your default browser ... instead of fixing the problems in IE/Edge and making it an up to date browser, they removed your ability to easily switch your browser ... that's what we are facing here.

• TheDeadlyTrio94 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I vouch for this. Gamepass and GWG must be curb together and Multiplayer must be free. Win-win for situation for everyone.

• C12 The ICON commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's s what's best for business. Idk why online is not free cause we already pay are internet providers for online service this is ridiculous

• BB6amer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why not? People could protest and drop the xbox altogether, and switch to PS to play online for FREE!!! Come on! I'll just switch to LINUX and play my games on a freak'in gaming PC!

• Freeze Time 007 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's really simple. Make online play free and keep the Gold sub for people that want the included games every month and discounts on games. I have yet to play Xbox One games online other than the free trial. I have already paid for the console, the game and my interenet connection. Why do I have to pay extra to unlock content that is already on the game I've bought? Makes no sense.

• Mavricator commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be nice if there was one subscription (Xbox game pass) to play a large selection of games (discounts for games not offered on Xbox game pass). As opposed to two subscriptions, seems to just muddy the waters.

Free to play multiplayer would be a welcome addition. Seem a bit redundant when you have to pay for minecraft realms, in addition to xbox live gold, in order to use this feature.

• ExpertSalt360 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am very disappointed with Microsoft for charging for Microsoft gold. I bought my Son the X Box One S, bought a game and now Im suppose to pay to play multiplayer. I will be returning this console and get him a gamming pc. Shame on you Microsoft.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 40 41

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base