Find ideas related to your Subscriptions or Xbox programs and policies

Family Game Sharing (Multiple Home Consoles on the same network)

Right now having multiple Xbox Ones in the house is not a good experience since every member in the house needs to buy their own games. If I buy a digital game I can play it on any Xbox One in the house but my family members can only play that game on the Home Xbox One.

Like Apple's family app sharing, members of your family members that are tied into your credit card with permission should be able to buy a game or app for your family's home game library.

As a fan of digital game downloads as apposed to discs, I want more usability from a digital download. Being able to share this game with all those in my household would negate the increased cost of a digital download. [Mod Removed link]

6,929 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

EnzoTen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

399 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • MeekB2G commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Actually this was apart of the ORIGINAL Xbox One launch but those who wanted to complain about the "Always Online" ruined the option and now it's non existent. The Always online allowed you to share digital titles with family members checking "Online" every so often to validate the license. So our voices were actually heard and they took away the "Always Online" requirement but those who complained didn't realize that this feature would have to be removed to make this current method work. So we can only blame ourselves (Or those who complained without reading up on what would have to be removed) Maybe Next time they present this method people wont be so closed minded. It would have worked exactly like Steam Family Sharing. I was all for the Always Online for that benefit alone.

• TJCIII commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So I complained to Xbox Live support today and they suggested I voice my opinion here. Considering this issue has been up since 2014, it looks like our voices are falling on deaf ears. What a joke and what a waste of money.

• GuyAboveM3Suck5 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why can't my family members in the same house hold play my games?
    The xbox one's are on the same network...

I don't see why this wouldn't be allowed.

Thanks

• TEDofTEDs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Whelp, looks like I am not buying my 2 kids their own Xbones this Xmas... So glad I googled Xbox Family Sharing. Yall really need to figure out the "Gamers with kids" scenario as there is no way in h3ll (The wife would kill me) I am going to pay 3 x $60 (or more...) for us all to play the same game, online, at the same time, on the same home network. I guess they get to play outside, which is healthier anyway. Thanks MS!

• dfw monkie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In household 3 Xbox one's ,1 Xbox X and 1 360 ...been with Xbox since day 1, please make network sharing happen Xbox

• Deviousapple commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why not check the IP address of the consoles to see that they are on the same network and allow my family members to play the games I've purchased (family sharing) as long as they are all on the same IP address (which indicates that they are all in my home)? I have 3 xbox one consoles and 3 xbox 360 consoles and they are all useless to anyone but me. I don't expect them to be able to play the same game I'm playing but at least allow them to play a different game that I own on one of my other two consoles without me having to quit playing xbox.

• CombatantRock79 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Anyone want to buy three xbox one's? Including the new xbox one scorpio edition? I spend thousands of dollars a year on xbox content and equipment and to find out that my grandchildren cannot play content that is already owned by me on two separate xbox one's while I'm on the new xbox one x watching tv is not acceptable. This is nothing more than corporate greed and no user should accept this. To be forced to buy multiple copies of digital games so more than two family members can play separate games on separate xbox one's is nothing more than pure monetary greed. Why should we be forced to pay separate monthly online gold subscription fees for each family member in order to use purchased content on owned consoles in the same household? This is not family friendly and I would bet that if all users boycotted MS for this nonsense they'd fix it immediately!

• BenderG02 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Me and my family feel like this would be a wonderful idea. If you could link it through where the address of the Xbox is then all the Xbox’s in the house linked. Somehow put them all together.

• xSPRINTERx commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree with this... MS needs to get with the program like - Apple and Google..

I have been with Xbox since day 1. I now have Xbox one X in living room.. I've converted 2 our of my 3 girls to be "gamers" they have an Xbox one each in bedrooms.

The 3 of us can't play together without forking out loads more cash - not only for XB live but also for Games...

• XFire DragonxX8 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have 4 kids I bought 4 Xbox one x..now only 1 can play! Where is the family sharing ? I have to buy every kid a gold membership and 4 copies of the same game? Are you kidding me Microsoft? Bring the feature back or I’ll trade in my Xboxx and well go to your competitors.. freaking ridiculous

• oO0 TRIG D 0Oo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i made a simular post about this topic last week i think. please feel free to up vote. to make this idea a reality. with a drop of another xbox system around the cornor things need to change to make exsisting xbox owner/users happy with the choice of wanting to move onto the new xbox one x. as it stands i wont buy a xbox on x unless i can share my games across all of my xbox one units.

I own more than one Xbox one unit(s),I own a total of 6 units and 2 Xbox 360 units. As you would have guessed I have an Xbox one unit for every room in the house this means that everyone in my home enjoys playing Xbox along with all the fun features that come with it owning, playing,using an Xbox however, I have a hard time swallowing the home my Xbox feature because I can only home one other Xbox. this means I have to spend extra money and buy copies of the same game(s) so everybody can enjoy that game(s) on the other Xbox one units in the house. My idea goes along the lines of implementing the Xbox family plan that was once on the Xbox 360 before the Xbox One's release.of course the rules should be the be slightly different a bit to as any other Xbox One user and Xbox Live member. Such as being able to share your Xbox Live membership. Like an existing rule that should not change Xbox Live members can can spread a Xbox Live membership across everyone in the family group. This one of course would need some fine-tuning. Another thing that would need to be added would be to increase the amount Xbox units Within that family group that a user/owner could home depending on how many head of family members in the group I recommend a solid number of head members of family groups like four. For example each head member can home 2 to 4 Xbox units providing that each head can prove and provide ownership of each Xbox one unit upon joining and signing up within the family group which can be done at Xbox.com
    With this plan and some careful consideration and thinking will ensure that no one would be able to cheat and abuse the system if there were careful planning and consideration with tuning of the idea and making it reasonable for anyone looking to join this idea especially for those like myself more than one Xbox One Council and let's not stop there let's add xbox360 consoles into the mix as well. With this plan family member groups could and should get exclusive offers because of the family setting just like before on the Xbox 360 but we combine both of those features of the Xbox 360 and the Xbox One's family plans so that the family group users will be able to actually enjoy more of the Xbox without having to overspend on Xbox products and services.

• MajorStains74 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This really shouldn't even be a thing...please make it happen. Link it to IP address or something. Anything. Everybody here has pumped hundreds of £$'s into multiple consoles, yet they cannot enjoy the simple wish of gaming with people under the same roof.
    I bought a X1X to play with my sons in their bedroom, yet this is too much to ask for.
    Seriously, how much money do you need?

• BarefootBMX commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My son and I are setup as a Family. We both have our own Xbox Ones and have been sharing games for a while now. Today I picked up a One X for the Living room so we could game together in 4K. That’s when we found out that adding this 3rd Xbox is going to be an issue. This is something Microsoft has to fix or Family’s will be forced to only have one console. 2 Accounts + 3Consoles = crap. This seems like an easy fix. Just limit it to only have game sharing on the same network like many others have asked for.

• Dave Dastard1y commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really gutted that I've just wasted £450 on an Xbox One X before discovering this. I just assumed that I would be able to play digital games on my new console whilst my son could play upstairs on his without me having to buy the same game twice. Every time he signs my profile in upstairs it signs me out downstairs and vice versa. Absolutely ridiculous.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 19 20

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base