Find ideas related to your Subscriptions or Xbox programs and policies

Family Game Sharing (Multiple Home Consoles on the same network)

Right now having multiple Xbox Ones in the house is not a good experience since every member in the house needs to buy their own games. If I buy a digital game I can play it on any Xbox One in the house but my family members can only play that game on the Home Xbox One.

Like Apple's family app sharing, members of your family members that are tied into your credit card with permission should be able to buy a game or app for your family's home game library.

As a fan of digital game downloads as apposed to discs, I want more usability from a digital download. Being able to share this game with all those in my household would negate the increased cost of a digital download. [Mod Removed link]

6,424 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

EnzoTenEnzoTen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

352 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • CryptahCryptah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hell yeah ... make it Pls. I Need three Xbox one at my home for my childs

• SkullinaneSkullinane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Throwing my two cents in here. I have two kids, and one of them is starting to get into video games. My wife also plays games. We have two Xbox Ones in the house, and we are going to expand to three soon with an Xbox One X.

My son loves Slime Rancher. However, he can't play the game on the second Xbox unless if I come in there and log in on my account.

I won't keep Xboxes in my house going forward if this situation doesn't change. I used to pay $100 annually for the Family Xbox Live plan, and I was content with that. I would be fine with paying $100 again for a Family Plan if it meant that my wife and my children can play the games that I have been buying for the last twelve years.

• CallingApolloCallingApollo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Maybe this could be implemented with a limit on the number of consoles, such as 3 or 4 on the same network.

• DevanitelyDevanitely commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can share between two consoles, as in if I buy a digital game on mine, my fiance can also play on his Xbox signed in as himself. I guess they figured most people wouldn't buy more than two xboxs haha

• chrisgoheelschrisgoheels commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We currently have 2 Xboxes and want to get an Xbox One X for the 4k TV upstairs, totally 3 Xboxes. I have 2 boys and both play on separate Xboxes downstairs. I really don't want to have to buy every game twice in order for all 3 of us to play games. Please work on a family share program on the same network so that we can at least share games across our 3 Xboxes. Thanks

• Fuzzy BelvedereFuzzy Belvedere commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I currently have 2 Xbox Ones (minus Kinect) and plan on purchasing the Xbox One X without trading either Xbox One. With a family of 4 (2 adult & twins), I would love the ability to extend home sharing so at least 3 of us can play a digital purchase online together.

• kshipkship commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please fix this. I bought a few arcade style games that my daughters love to play but they can only play if I am signed into the "shared family xbox" in the living room. If I go start playing Resident Evil on my second xbox, they get kicked and cannot play. Big problem, easy fix! Come on MS!

• CatMaster15CatMaster15 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this is why i continue to buy discs. with a disc at least one of my 3 boys can install and play a game on their own xbox without having to be signed in to the owner of the license for that game. it's ridiculous....a household should not have to purchase multiple licenses to play a game on more than one xbox.
    this is similar to microsoft office.....you can purchase a license and share it with multiple computers or tablets. how is an xbox game any different?

• SeanathanVTSeanathanVT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1.. Do the thing, Microsoft. This is silly. Family sharing based on LAN. That's what it should be.

• GrumpybumGrumpybum commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This issue is what's stopping me from buying another console. When the X comes out, I would like to move 1 of my existing 2 Xbox Ones to another room but instead I'll just trade 1 in.

• ROGUEdesignerROGUEdesigner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I own 2 Xbox Ones and 7-8 360's (I collect them). It would be nice to have family sharing so that as my boys get older they are able to play at the same time.

• bsd107bsd107 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a big problem for my plans to buy a XBox One X to go with my existing XBox One S. For consoles in the same house, I should be able to have TWO home consoles. That would fix the issue for me.

Right now I have a PS4 and a PS4 Pro in the house. Their system is the same as XBox's. I purchase ALL of my games as digital, and my kids can only play the games on my "home" console. Only I can go and play games on the second console, as it is not my "home" console.

I don't want to run into this same issue with having two XBox One's in the house. There is simply no point in getting second console if this limitation will be maintained.

I am not asking to allow playing the same game on two consoles at the same time. Only that the games I purchased digitally should be playable on either XBox One in my house, by any of my family members. It is ridiculous that this is currently not possible.

• mike D machinemike D machine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely need this - I have 3 xboxes - and this is a disaster.

One that powers a home built stand-up arcade machine.
    One in the living room.
    One in the basement.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 17 18

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base