Find ideas related to your Subscriptions or Xbox programs and policies

Family Game Sharing (Multiple Home Consoles on the same network)

Right now having multiple Xbox Ones in the house is not a good experience since every member in the house needs to buy their own games. If I buy a digital game I can play it on any Xbox One in the house but my family members can only play that game on the Home Xbox One.

Like Apple's family app sharing, members of your family members that are tied into your credit card with permission should be able to buy a game or app for your family's home game library.

As a fan of digital game downloads as apposed to discs, I want more usability from a digital download. Being able to share this game with all those in my household would negate the increased cost of a digital download. [Mod Removed link]

7,856 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

EnzoTen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

495 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • SpokenRook12533 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello friend, i want to share my testimony on how i got my BLANK ATM card which have change my life today. i was once living on the street where by things were so hard for me, even to pay off my bills was very difficult for me i have to park off my apartment and start sleeping on the street of Vegas. i tried all i could do to secure a job but all went in vain because i was from the black side of America. so i decided to browse through on my phone for jobs online where i got an advert on Hackers advertising a Blank ATM card which can be used to hack any ATM Machine all over the world, i never thought this could be real because most advert on the internet are based on fraud, so i decided to give this a try and look where it will lead me to if it can change my life for good. i contacted this hackers and they told me they are from Australia and also they have branch all over the world in which they use in developing there ATM CARDS, this is real and not a scam it have help me out. to cut the story short this men who were geeks and also experts at ATM repairs, programming and execution who taught me various tips and tricks about breaking into an ATM Machine with a Blank ATM card.i applied for the Blank ATM card and it was delivered to me within 3 days and i did as i was told to and today my life have change from a street walker to my house, there is no ATM MACHINES this BLANK ATM CARD CANNOT penetrate into it because it have been programmed with various tools and software before it will be send to you. my life have really change and i want to share this to the world, i know this is illegal but also a smart way of living Big because the government cannot help us so we have to help our self. if you also want this BLANK ATM CARD i want you to contact the Hackers email on jameshacker157@gmail.com and you life will never remain the same email jameshacker157@gmail.com

• tjamescurtis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can play the same game on two Xbox it’s easier if you own a digital copy. Just set one Xbox as the home Xbox then two players can play the same game at the same time. My son did it yesterday and will probably play together again later today. You can play online together, private matches, and co_op games. So every time you buy a games it’s like buying two games which can be shared with a friend

• Dark Matrix commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also agree with someone about the idea of implementing the family sharing/with game sharing (would be nice) also in the Xbox 360 since the servers are still up and that way it will go out strong. This is what I still own to this day in my household and unfortunately we can not share an Xbox Live subscription.

• Dark Matrix commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was looking forward to purchasing two Xbox X's for my household but after finding out how you cannot share your games between two consoles I will not bother, it just isn't worth it! This is not hard to do and I seen someone say that the "Game Developers" are making it where you cannot share locally...This is not true. You are able to share any game you like on the "STEAM" platform. It is so sad to see that this simple step wasn't engineered in their latest Console, it's ashamed and outdated still! It makes me "again" think down on a Company that has the technology to make their platform much more family oriented and friendly. Any reason "why" this wasn't implemented in the Xbox X? You would think by this date and age and a few years back that this would had already been taken care of.

• chrispix commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Was a beta member of XBox Gold, and I don't even care about having to buy multiple games, but having to buy multiple Gold subscriptions so I can play the games online is a bit crazy when they are all in the same house.

• OffstageBat643 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have been a fan of XBox for 14 years now with the release of the original XBox -

but I think it was a very bad mistake creating a system where only those with an internet connection could play the system -

there are ALOT of people who live in Apartments or areas which do not allow internet connections -

and Microsoft is missing a lot of sales from people WHO COULD play Xbox 1 if it were offline -

I for 1 play RPGs - I was buying at least 3 XBox Games a month - now times that by 15,000 or more in every state - the # of people with NO internet connection . . . .

• Baja Robster commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft - just get this done already. I already have 3 Xbox consoles and getting tired of swapping my "home" console back and forth depending on where the kids play.

• eatmANDsmile commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree. I have a large family with 4 Xbox Ones and other Xbox consoles.
    Just need a 'Family' Gold account now to share all the content. I'd happily pay a bit more for that, but I'm not paying for 6 Gold accounts.

Swapping which console is set as 'home' is very limited. why only 3 changes per year?

Pease give us the option to pay for a Gold Family Live Account. You'll make more money in the long run. :-)
    There must be thousands of families sharing one, or two live accounts who'd pay a bit more for one that covers all of their family.

• IR0NSHEF commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft already does this. I can currently purchase an Office 365 subscription and share it with my family. It seems like a simple logical step to offer the same feature on the Xbox.

• Stegalin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My kids are getting to the age where I will be buying a second Xbox just so there are less fights about who gets which controller and who plays on which side of the screen and all that. My account is gold and the one we have is set to home so they get to play it all now. They both have their own accounts, unfortunately only I would be able to play on the second with them. Can an option of a “Home Network” instead of a “Home Xbox” be introduced? So sharing of gold and games be done on the same network with maybe a limit on the number of boxes that can be included per gold or pass?

• nurdkrusher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also like to see this feature. I know game studios would like to see you buy multiple copies of a $60 game, but how many people are going to do that? Why not charge a smaller fee, say 25% of the original cost to acquire another license? Obviously there would have to be a limit on how many licenses you could acquire, but I think it would be a happy median for game studios to make money and for families to game together.

• BTigger38 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have 5 kids , and only of the Xbox ones can be online to play the games as my account purchases all the games for the family and the are over 200 games already.
    This would be a good thing for big family's and a good idea to look into before PlayStation does it as we PlayStation 4 as well. I'm sure they are getting the same feedback ideas as Xbox.
    please consider this idea.

• REDRUM215 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to buy an Xbox One X. What is stopping me is for a couple years I have bought all my games digitally. I share my games with my son who has his own Xbox One in his room. I have the main Xbox One in the living room. I would need sharing to the Xbox One X in order to have access to all my games, currently 4tb plus of games. Something needs to be done.

• silentf0 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are several people commenting against this idea because "back in the day" you would have to buy multiple cartridges or disks to play the same game on different consoles at once. I don't understand why they are calling people whiners and to suck it up and shell out the money for a second or third copy of games. In this day and age it is common for platforms to allow sharing within a defined family (Andriod, iOS, Windows all do). One of the advantages of digital copies of games linked to accounts is that this type of sharing feature can be provided without abuse. There are apps and games that I have purchased on other platforms that I would not have bothered buying if I couldn't share with my family.

However, just as any other business, MS doesn't *have* to allow sharing on their console platform, and us consumers certainly aren't entitled to the feature. That said, as with anything else, we express our satisfaction with a product with our spending.

I just purchased an Xbox One X to play games with other family members on my existing Xbox One S. I was surprised to encounter the limitations. I found this thread and initially decided I was going to return the One X. I have no interest in buying second copies of games, in addition to multiple XBox Live memberships. It's just not worth it to me.

I then came across posts here explaining that you technically can play simultaneously on two Xboxes, using separate accounts. One Xbox needs to be the Home Xbox, which is shared by the whole family. The other Xbox is essentially only used by the user with the account that makes the purchases. This cooled my jets and I haven't returned the new Xbox, as I'm trying it out. I'm not fully pleased with the experience and am still on the fence about returning the second Xbox. I would be a much happier consumer if true family sharing was available. Additionally, I am likely to buy more games in general, if I know my family can play simultaneously on our Xboxes.

• stevied3 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So let's get this straight...The argument is since "I" own multiple Xbox's linked to the same network "I" should be able to utilize a singular purchased game up to three more times on other network coinciding Xbox's? Do you know what you are asking? Here is an analogy for you for you that might help to put it all into perspective. Imagine you own 4 ovens in your home linked to the same gas line, but you only buy one pizza. Your current expectation is once you cook one of those pizzas there will be three other pizza's in the other respective ovens. All available to eat without having to purchase any extras. Now, naturally, these pizza's will only last for one use unlike a video game, but I'm betting you see the conundrum here. Xbox already provides you with one other "pizza" by having the home Xbox setting available. It doesn't matter if you purchased four Xbox's and who cares if you have a gaming family? Personally I think it is cool you have a gaming family. I think it's pretty cool that all of your family now has the ability to play non-split screen games individually on their own personal Xbox, but how does that entitle you to acquire free video games? I say it doesn't. Buy two of the same game digitally on two separate accounts and apply your home Xbox's accordingly. Be thankful you didn't have to purchase four of that game like EVERYONE did back in the day. GG.

• angiieeexxx commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yea, my father and I have the family thing on and I just bought sea of thieves and he wants to play it on his account and he can’t without buying it again and he doesn’t want to spend another $60 Xbox step up your game and make family game sharing one person buys and everyone on that family system should be able to download it

• rickmal77 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very sad that we own three Xbox one's (myself, wife, and son) and can't all play the same digital copy of a game at the same time. I too would be willing to buy another Xbox live account, or pay a small fee to family share a purchased digital copy of a game. All Xboxes are on the same IP address, this should be an easy fix.

• Coreprat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a necessity... I for one would be putting money towards more games instead of just dealing with being about to only play on my main account on one of the xbox's

• JAESWlFT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would happily pay a bit extra for games to be able to share them. 4 Xbox One in my house, have to spend a lot on games just to play with the kids on one game. Need to allow family sharing if all Xbox's on same network. All these votes and this still isn't fixed 4 years later. I'd even happily pay a family share fee monthly or something similar. Families should be able to do family sharing of digital games with each other in the same household merely because of the support they have given to Microsoft by purchasing more than one xbox one instead of just sharing one console. I spent £1000 on 4 xbox one S, each time a game is released I have to pay £100 so we can all play a £50 game. My game library has over 500 games on my Xbox One. And we pay for xbox live gold too - come to think of it we're probably being blatantly robbed.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 24 25

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base