Find ideas related to your Subscriptions or Xbox programs and policies

Kinect Adapter for Xbox One X (Free)

Just like Microsoft did for the launch of the Xbox One S, for those of us who want to run both and Xbox One X and an Xbox One S at the same time and enjoy using the Kinect, we will still require an adapter. Also for the people upgrading from the original Xbox One that want to use the Kinect will also require this adapter. People like me who use the Kinect and own multiple consoles should have the ability to get another Kinect sensor for the launch of the Xbox One X! Thanks Mircrosoft!

1,426 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

APANNUNZ shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

181 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • blackbush16 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was surprised when I went to set up my One X and discovered that there was no Kinect port. We use Kinect regularly for everything from volume control to changing channels to simply "Watch TV" so you don't have to turn a controller on or use smart glass. Definitely a First World problem, but we also have several Kinect games that are now useless, since you either A) Can't find the $40 adapter through Microsoft or B) Have to pay $80 or more for it from an online re-marketer. It's unfortunate I fell for the "100% Backward Compatible" marketing without reading the fine print. I feel misled, and quite frankly a little let down. Not the end of the world, but if not outright FALSE advertising, it is definitely MISLEADING advertising. I've had a total of 9 Xboxes through the years, and I feel my loyalty being severely tested this time around.

• beeshyboy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why is there still a diagram of the elusive priceless adapter on the support.xbox.com pages if the neither make, stock or sell them? Cynical money grabbing CEOs. Time to shift to Sony for my kids after five years of Xbox. Just bought two useless Xbox ones for Xmas, feel like an idiot for trusting Microsoft.

• ArminatorX commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wouldn't mind paying the 40€, since the price gouging has now begun on eBay and Amazon.
    But AT LEAST SELL me such an adaptor! If I could get it for free, I wouldn't mind as well.

• badhell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

E' assurdo, l'altro ieri ho comprato una xbox one x, inizio a collegarla e con mio sommo dispiacere non trovo allegato l'adattatore per il kinect in mio possesso.
    Stamane contatto un consulente microsoft in chat e apprendo che hanno terminato la produzione di Kinect e che pertanto, non solo non hanno più l'adattatore disponibile ma che "se sono fortunato" lo troverò in qualche store e per di più A PAGAMENTO!!!!!
    Tutto ciò è veramente allucinante, una presa in giro bella e buona per chi come me ha speso 500€ quando acquisto la prima xbox one con il bundle kinect e adesso ne rispende altri 500 per la xbox one x...
    Non è una cosa corretta e rispettosa nei confronti di tutti quelli che abbiamo supportato l'operazione.
    Chiedo IMMEDIATAMENTE un dietro front su questa cosa, perchè è incredibile.

• EnzoMatrixLT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am an avid Xbox One gamer. I, also, and severely disabled. Every day I use Kortana and Kinect to manage my Xbox One. This week I purchased the new Xbox one X. Much to my chagrin. I discover I am unable to use Kinect with my new purchase. However, ad upon ad clearly states "all your hardware will work" with the new One X. 
    This has left me with a console I cannot use, and $500 out of my pocket, on a fixed income. 
    Microsoft, please assist your disabled gamer community and provide us the needed (extra) hardware at little to no additional cost. I will wait till the end of the year. If by that time I have not heard back from Microsoft?

I will be filing a consumer complaint with the California AG office.

• DaveM8686 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Send an email to their business conduct address (below). I just sent them one pointing out that there was clear false advertising that they've since corrected, but haven't managed to rectify this for the people affected. Plus, removing the voice control features of Kinect could be considered ableism against their disabled membership who still use the Xbox as an entertainment system with voice control.

buscond@microsoft.com

• cyclops279 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft your taking the *** sort this out and quickly. Its criminal that your expecting faithful costumers to shell out more money for a peripheral they have already purchased from you, after also shelling out for your updated console. Thats just wrong.

• Frostyjacko commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Disgusting xbox turning into apple bleeding more money out yr customers it should be a free adaptor

• Hublander commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I during the 2017 Xbox One X announcement Kareem Choudhry said that all Xbox One accessories would work on Xbox One X. Given as the Kinect adapter is no longer in production a month after Xbox One X was released that would appear to be false advertising.

• Death2Unicorns commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft claims all peripherals work with the x. Then don't include an adapter that is at a minimum $40 and almost impossible to find. I've been an Xbox diehard since launch of the original Xbox. But in the past year I've had so many issues that never get resolved. Its absolutely ridiculous. They Sell a $150 controller with absolute terrible quality controller that is documented many times of breaking. Yet they put the crappiest warranty on it and don't even have a repair option. They are dropping the ball big time. I know Im Not alone with all the recent frustrations. Microsoft your in a place where a lot of your diehard fans are about to give up on you. Get your act together or lose your loyal customers.

• SebastianPalek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Best solution form Microsoft - they told me, that if I want to play my Kinect games I should use my xbox one instead of my xbox one x. Superb solution - I bought xbox one x to play on xbox one! Microsoft you are great! I asked them to refund me my money for the Kinect games that not working on Xbox One X so they told that games are working but adapter is needed. I answered that's true, but Microsoft is no longer selling adapters. Thats microsoft customer service quality.

• DaveM8686 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

On chat with a Microsoft Agent currently. Apparently there is no formal complaints department, and despite the fact that Consumer Affairs Australia agreed that they were in breach of false advertising, and despite the fact that they've since updated their website to mention the adaptor (hence admitting they were wrong originally), it's basically just tough luck. Apparently they believed the website was right originally, because they consider the adaptor as just part of the Kinect now, ever since the One S, "but we can understand how some people would have misinterpreted that".

• LeomH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It doesnt feel like an upgrade now Ive discovered my Kinect is useless :(

• SebastianPalek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is no chance to buy it, its out of stock on Microsoft website. Microsoft have no solution for this situation! They suggest only to check store updates!

• Dr Pharmacology commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the only reason I have not got an Xbox One X, all my funds are ready but no adaptor even for sale, so no upgrade from me. As my home main entertainment system, it's a big deal to go without the Kinect for signing and voice control.

• adrianevens commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Message from MS Store (in France): This product is not available and will no longer be manufactured.
    Seriously ? You leave all your historical clients without solution ??

• Adofo the human commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I’ve been with Microsoft since the beginning. And I honestly was alright with paying $40 for an adapter. Would I like to get one for free! Absolutely! But I was willing to let Microsoft off the hook this time. BUT tonight, I checked Gamestop’s website where I had an adapter in my cart (btw is the ONLY place I’ve been able to find a regular priced adapter) and it said it was SOLD OUT!!! So now I have NO WAY to buy an adapter without paying nearly twice as much! I love my Kinect! And apparently a lot of people (like honestly I actually didn’t expect this many people to be upset about it) still love the Kinect! So there is no excuse to not have adapter to at the very least sell from their own site. I just hope the one guy on here that commented that a customer service person said there will be a new version next year...or whatever. AND WATCH, right and I mean RIGHT when I finally get me an adapter, they announce the Kinect 3.0 and it’s releasing next week! Just you wait!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base