Find ideas related to your Subscriptions or Xbox programs and policies

Allow Developers in the Xbox Live Creators Program to Add Achievements

Removing the achievement feature is not a good idea, goes against the Xbox Live concept.

425 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

SertinchoSertincho shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

22 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • nemesis ninety6nemesis ninety6 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is terrible idea. Do you realise how easy it is for developers to get games onto the creators program? It literally takes $20 to get a dev license, and then once you've made your game it's just a matter of waiting for it to be uploaded.
    That means infinite free achievements, corrupting the achievement system we know and love as a concept, and therefore bringing an end to modern society.
    You monster.

• FIaw3dFIaw3d commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very bad idea if Xbox stopped supporting achievements, I'd leave Xbox it be really stupid peoples achievements and gamerscore is there Gaming achievements and history of the gamer, Microsoft if you take achievements away I'd be really disappointed.

• SwarmHammerSwarmHammer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Like many have said here, it would not be a good idea. I have seen how horrible it can become when someone made a game in Project Spark just to boost achievement completion, it became so widespread that it did have a big impact on better content visibility in the UGC. It did have the effect that those crappy levels got tons of downloads and high ratings that eventually made them shown up in front of the good ones.
    To make the comparison, let's say someone makes a game like that in the Creators program that simply grants free achievements very easily, for a price of let's say 1.49$. You have no idea how many people would pay that price to boost their gamerscore. Easy money for the developer (undeserved title for such creators) without breaking a sweat.

If you really wanna do something like achievements in your game, create your own system and use the leaderboards system to show their non-XBox Live gamerscore. Specify clearly in your game that the achievements are not XBox Live achievements and will not contribute to increase your XBox Live gamerscore. It can be fun to make your own system, maybe give some in-game rewards, stuff like that. If you ever get to be accepted in the ID@Xbox program, you'll already have an understanding on how to implement achievements and probably refactor some of your game code to actually make those chievos XBox Live ones.

• M SlenderM Slender commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like this idea, but would probably be best if they limited the total gamerscore possible for these smaller style games.

• choppyseizechoppyseize commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be great except it would be hard to figure out a system that works and makes achievements stay at a respectable level. Maybe achievements for playing the games of creators and being loyal and supportive.

• Paul1708Paul1708 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would greatly devalue Achievements on xbox Live if they were in the Creators program. These games have not had any concept aprove and very low checking on them from Microsoft. If the Game dev wants to add them then they have the option of signing up for ID@Xbox

• Musikfreak007Musikfreak007 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would think this would work with all 0GS achievements, but I believe the creators program having achievements could really mess up how gamerscores work now. As I understand it, there are higher standards and testing that go through AAA and ID@XBOX titles and those should be the ones that can contribute to players' gamerscores.

• HydraVibesHydraVibes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sounds good! Little achievements for example maybe for a week there's an achievement to rob 3 stores in Grand theft auto 5 or complete 3 missions in Halo, make 3 goals in Rocket League.

• DarkNStudio LtdDarkNStudio Ltd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i think a lot of you are wrong. The games that come in by Xbox Live Creators Program still have to have checks done by xbox. It would be nice for company like my self how would like to bring are game to xbox with achievements. They just need to places rules in place for it. We should be aloud gamer score like 360 arcade games had max gamer score of 800 to 1000. Also as developer joining this program in early preview xbox have long list of banned style games.

• aRandomWiseGuyaRandomWiseGuy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Disagree everyone will be getting achievements just for pressing one button, therefore achievements wont become a statement of how good a gamer you are since everyone will have 100,000s of points

• VeleekVeleek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Some apps on the Xbox have 0 point achievements. Something similar could be a great way to allow achievements without diluting the ecosystem.

• DEATH CODE45709DEATH CODE45709 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think achievements should be allowed. But a lower amount like 500GS, limit dev to 5 releases a year, have these achievements separate to the main live experience. Trying to make a name for myself without ££££££££ and achievements would be difficult to get the attention id like

• OMGHYUOMGHYU commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Since the Xbox Live Creators Program doesn't have concept approval I think it's best to keep Achievements to the ID@Xbox Program.
    There the dev team will go through certain certification processes, dedicated marketing and support to assure that features like Achievements are implemented in a proper way.
    To go a bit further - Achievements are an important part of Xbox Live and giving everyone access to implement them would risk that Achievements/Gamerscore could lose their/it's value by allowing games to boost Gamerscore and give Achievements for "free".

← Previous 1

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base