Find ideas related to your Subscriptions or Xbox programs and policies

Have Avoid Reputation Be a Communications Ban

Instead of not allowing use to play Xbox live multiplayer for any game... Because other players gave us bad reputation. Why don't you just block our communication settings so we can't communicate with other players but still play Xbox live multiplayer? I mean we are paying $60 a year for Xbox live and I find it unfair and ridiculous to not allow any online multiplayer game access.

142 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

l DUNKACCINO l shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • TBoneTaco commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't think they should remove bans, but they should give their customer service team the power to lift bans that might be unfair or not have been put in place fairly. Right now it takes 24 hours for the team to review the case online and there is no way to make a claim over the phone of to have it take less then 24 hours. If your being toxic then a ban is reasonable (even tho i dont think you should be banned from everything, just the public communication applications) but make some way to fix it the few times bans are given out unfairly.

• Ode to Sunshine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If this is a problem for you, you're toxic to the community and the service becomes better for those that CAN be civil to others. If you've been banned, it's for a good reason.

• Efrett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't think this is relevant. This Idea will lead to requesting the removal of the Enforcement System too. This is something that can be avoided easily, and that is simply to play nice. Getting paired with other toxic players is just rightful for a toxic player. But as for the system itself, they need to create a more constructive way to report / rate someone's Reputation. It wouldn't really serve a purpose of kids are just rating you bad just because you are playing a lot better than them.

• KazNamOrfa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Reputation dosent get you banned, it gets you paired with other toxic, annoying people. Getting reported is something they look into and then it becomes online or communication ban respectively

• jameswoo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We pay good money for Xbox Live Gold and we got penalized unfairly by this broken reputation system and can't play multiplayer. Since *Microsoft refuses to fix this, the only fix is to take my money to PS4

• Yakob Hat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This doesnt seem like a solution to the problem, use this website to share new ideas on how to fix certain issues. this isnt a place to vent frustrations. there are hundreds of votes for a change of the reputation system, it we all would collectively agree on one solid solution and voted on that, Xbox would take notice. but there are more votes complaining than finding solutions.

• Ryan 23 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is shocking that xbox think they can keep taking money off of us and not give us the chance to fix this. They say keep playing games with other bad rep players and not send meesages to imrpove rep, well that would work if i could find games? Pathetic system.

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base