Find ideas related to your Subscriptions or Xbox programs and policies

Make multi player free

Since PC players get free multi player it should be free for Xbox owners too. I am a gold member, and have been for years.
It would be a nice gesture and also add more features like Groove, a free movie a month and continue GWG for those that are gold members.

896 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

The A Baum shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

40 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • ALAN15154 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This could be a good idea... But it can't be 100% free. Xbox needs something in return. It's not like Xbox just wants your money for greed. As a lot of these people say, Xbox needs the money to make sure security is good and people don't hack in and ruin the fun for everyone. Maybe it could be a one-time fee of any amount Xbox wants us to pay. It's better to pay something than nothing.

• killiusmaxximus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is just silly and not an idea but simply asking for free things. It will never happen. Get a job and grow up.

• ANDY T0RRES commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It isn't really that difficult to read requirements before buying. The packaging clearly says "Online multiplayer features require Xbox Live Gold membership (sold separately)."

• Humongous Afro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Xbox Live should not be free. I'm glad I've paid for this service for 10 years. They have easily become the most reliable gaming console for online multiplayer. I rarely have a problem with Xbox Live. Most people complain about the quality of the servers, when its not even the Xbox Live service that is the problem. It is the servers the games use in conjunction with Xbox Live. Xbox Live is cheap and reliable I'm happy they have not increased the price to compete with games like World of Warcraft that are a 120 dollar yearly subscription. In my opinon this is like a slap in the face to the Xbox feedback team. Please Xbox Team TAKE MY MONEY I love your service! Keep up the good work!

• WorldwideMagz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

ok time to spell it out... PSN = Xbox live silver. PS+ = Xbox live gold both platforms have free and paid options , so trying to imply that having a ps4 is somehow better is just wrong and has been one of the greatest misconceptions about the Xbox/PS debate since it started. The simple fact is that what you pay for a years xbox live gold , you get back in FREE games alone within a couple of months (not to mention better reliability , servers and an all round more durable service when compared to how easily PSN gets knocked offline by hackers)

It is simply NOT beneficial to have free xbox live gold because we would lose out on much more than we would gain. end of story.

• inito324 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Do you want server issues and other features taken away? No! I don't think so. And to call MS greedy, shows greed as well, by wanting something for nothing.

• CHA0S TAC0 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

vote for free xbox live... really, why? because "our wallets need a break".The thing is pretty much everyone that would and are voting for this are freeloading 11 year olds who leech off of their parent's wallets by whining until they get what they want, also this wont ever happen, like the other comments with any actual clue as to why Microsoft charges for gold, and like they said, it pays for running the servers, and enhancing security to ward off hackers.

• Brighton17 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You don't get to play online for free on the PS4.idiots who thinks that is what it does is so rong...

• TReid1996 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Paying helps keep hackers at bay. They use the money from Xbox live gold payments to keep our profiles safe and to upgrade servers for a better gaming service. TBH, I'm glad to pay Microsoft, great gaming experience for me.

• SwankyCupid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm sorry, it would be nice but is not going to happen. If you knew about PlayStation you would know they charge also, so why shouldn't Xbox. It just makes its fans seem whiney when we ask for them to do their job without paying them. This is the real world.

• Wolfman422 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

On a PS4 it's the same you have to pay for PlayStation network which is the same service and costs the same

← Previous 1

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base