Find ideas related to your Subscriptions or Xbox programs and policies

Ability to talk to your friends while Xbox communication is banned

Make it to where people who have been banned from communicating with sending messages or joining parties to where you can talk and text your friends and only them what should happen is being able to send messages and and talk to only your friends parties

204 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Inuyasha94s shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

25 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Astral Mortem commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I got banned today after a guy continue to say stuff rude to me then I respond and I get pu ished. Microsoft needs to get it together. It's not fair and if that's how I'll be treated I'll go to Sony

• DividingDig8 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was banned for a week for insulting a guy swore only once on his profile says he needs help but I got the ban and he got off free come on Microsoft read the messages he initialally messaged me first

• ZarG RusH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I got a communication ban for disconnecting from a game of gigantic.. I dont know either. but the guy who reported me said i made him lose the game and that i should enjoy my ban. I got a bit sweary after that and thats probably why.

• xXNinjaTurtle21 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this should be limited to people you have added, and the people that also have you added. you should be able to send messages and invite people to parties. i believe that the person that received the punishment should not be allowed to join parties uninvited, but if they receive an invite, they can join.

• Tsui Kyit commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And to pour salt into the wound, I fought back and reported kids who talked trash to me. I got banned and they didn't. Just because I'm better than them in CoD and telling them to get better doesn't warrant a ban. Your ET doesn't even seem to look at reports. Just randomly ban players

• Tsui Kyit commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I got banned for swearing on Call of Duty, which is a M rated game with excessive amounts of profanity. I find it ridiculous that players can get banned for swearing on a M rated game which already contains profanity within the game itself. When people buy M rated games, I am certain that they know beforehand that the game contains excessive amounts of swearing within the game. All games which contain profanity have the Mature label to highlight that there is swearing in that particular game. Being banned for swearing on a M rated game is simply ridiculous. If the game already has profanity, why can't the players swear? It's just ironic to say the least. From my point of view, I believe that communication suspensions should be dropped. Prohibiting swearing on M rated games is not a good way to make gamers swear less. Almost all gamers swear when they get killed or when they fail a mission, but doing so results in a suspension from communications. People who are 18 and older know when to swear and when not to. To put things simply, Microsoft wants all gamers to speak to each other like how 5th graders do, regardless of age. Because if you swear, you'll get a communications suspension. There are about 10 million Xbox players worldwide. You can't realistically expect all of those 10 million players to not trash talk. Be realistic, swearing is part of the English language. Gamers swear on a daily basis and banning people from swearing is not a good way to counter swearing. Adults who play M rated games should NOT be treated like children. Almost every gamer has sworn at least once during their time on Xbox Live and yet only a small fraction of those are getting communications bans. This issue needs to be addressed. If not I can see why many Xbox fans are moving to Sony's Playstation. Because Sony doesn't give a damn about swearing. Communication bans need to be dropped. Trash talk is part of Online Gaming and if other players don't like it, they can always block or mute us. If this issue is not fixed, I won't be surprised if more and more Xbox gamers move over to the Playstation 4 and PC. I have never been banned on the PS4 but have been banned falsely TWICE on the. XBOne because either a kid got salty just because I'm better than him or a troll had nothing better to do than get me banned.
    Never ever had to worry about this on the 360 but now Xbox One has gone downhill. Not allowed to swear because the moment a swear word slips out of my mouth, I'm on the waiting list for a ban.
    What happened to freedom of speech? I have my rights

• XRogue ReaperXx commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

ok, communications ban should be enforced so you can only message those on your friendslist, restricting you from using in game chats etc, hence no repeat offence and still allows you to enjoy the content you are paying for. Furthermore, it is completely ridiculous that you have 11 year old children playing 18+ games with vulgar language to begin with, report you and get you banned for using the same type of language they are subjected to in the game, and most likely the same vulgarity they use themselves. TOS or not, the ability to cuss is within our freedom of speech, however racial slurs/remarks and bullying are a lot more severe. Microsoft teams need to at least be able to differentiate between, competitive anger and bullying.

• ThatGuyFTP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allows people to swear > Bans them for doing so.
    10/10
    100/100
    Best gaming service.
    BEST GAMING SERVICE!
    Can't wait until I get a better computer so I can stick with Steam.

• CeddyGrahm commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Im banned for two weeks it's been 7 days and it's my birthday I can't even tell ppl I'm banned thus is ridiculous come on Xbox where trying to stay on your team

• Astra Lumen Jr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This happened to me I was able to talk to my friends on my old account during a communication ban and I never sent anyone any messages and then my account got permanent ban wtf.

• PeachGuide34503 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree I was banned to talk to my friends for no reason I got this last night and I'm so *** please get us un banned
    so we can talk to our friends :peachguide34503

• ErrLee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't agree with this exact idea necessarily but I do think that they need to monitor chat and automatically block profanity with **** and have an 18+ option to remove the *****. I have every right as an American to use whatever language I want. Use the mute/block button if you really think I'm that terrible. Young kids/losers with the ability to report profanity are ruining the competitive nature of most online games enjoyed on Xbox.

League of Legends is a perfect example of a game company with a strict TOS but still allows people the exercise their basic rights.....

HyruleBalverine; you're absolutely right. Doesn't mean the TOS shouldn't change. They are far too strict and there are much better ways to remove negativity in-game. That's a fact.

• HyruleBalverine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Spear0fJustice; I'm going to be one of the "morons" that you seem to dislike. Yes, I could easily mute or block you in game, and probably would. The issue, however, has nothing to do with my ability to mute or block you. It has to do with the Code of Conduct that you, when you created your profile, agreed to abide by. This Code has guidelines for what type of language you can use and content that you can discuss. Microsoft is a private company and can choose and enforce rules as they see fit. If you cannot follow those rules you must deal with the consequences, just like everybody else.

• Spear0fJustice commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And just to clarify- By morons, I mean people like CaitieMay and Bobyevil. You've clearly never been commbanned by a bunch of little kids all reporting you because you beat them in a game.

• Spear0fJustice commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. The MUTE and BLOCK functions exist for a reason, but the morons replying below apparently aren't intelligent enough to figure that out on their own.

• CaitieMay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The entire point of a communication suspension is to suspend you from speaking/messaging other parties and potentially committing the same offense that got you suspended in the first place.

• Bobyevil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dont agree at all here.. A punishment is meant to be punishing.. Not just a little slap on the wrist.

• Mistress Sara commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The point of a communications suspension is just that, a reminder that there are consequences when rules are broken. Use another form of communication to speak with your friends. There are plenty out there these days-phone, text, email, Facebook, Twitter, etc.

• BeastSniper915 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Nnno. The people that get suspended need to learn from their actions. Xbox Live is suppose to be a safe environment for everyone. There shouldn't have to be an enforcement team if only people knew how to control their mouth.

← Previous 1

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base