Find ideas related to your Subscriptions or Xbox programs and policies

Clearly state how long a suspension/ban will last

I've got an email saying I've got a communication ban but not for how long. I've been searching though countless forums to see how long it will last but to no avail. The least you could do is tell us how long we can't play for for a service we pay for !!!! Is it that much to ask

696 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

rhysskibb shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

132 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • KrisKilo479 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I believe this is completely unacceptable, after all we are all paying customers. I work in law enforcement in South Florida, and when ever I’m home I play horizon 3. Unfortunately as im sure it happens in many games, people get upset when they lose. Recently I played a guy, and he sent me all kinds of messages threatening me and the whole nine yards.. I responded “okay bro”..Immediately it says im blocked. Now the sad part is if you have the power to block everyone at will and we have no say on the matter, why don’t you at least do us the courtesy of doing a investigation on the matter. I spend alot of money with you guys and think is really unethical for you all to suspend at will, even more so if it’s just some little kid who is having a tantrum with all his friends and decides to report you! Also your appealing process is bs you guys just ise that to get people to take a silly survey then respond “decision upheld” that’s not only a slap im the face saying, “ hey not only do I not need your business, but I don’t care about you” ..Imagine getting pulled over for a taillight and getting convicted of murder! Because honestly that’s how your Enforcement process works!

• MasterThunder49 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

U know you probably deserved it stfu paying for a service doesn't give you a right to act and talk like a piece of *** right, you're lucky it isn't a complete ban that'd cause you to create a new account.

• Piggiey5000 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes Xbox please stop banning people for nothing after all its your loss, you lose customers, and in turn lose money. I would think that would be common sense.

• TheGunShooter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20745765155

Here you see people can abuse your rep, especially if its in collusion with other players, say a full party of individuals who target a user, and can sink a person's rep and cause them all sorts of problems using XBL.

If you want, you could fight fire with fire. Report everyone you see who trash talks online as being abusive and the rats will leave the sinking ship.

• TheGunShooter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. This is atrocious behavior from a company. Go to playstation.

They won't give you evidence of what kind of infraction you committed either. It could've been anything. I've never sworn, and they tell you on xbox support that 'trash talk' is completely acceptable by the rules. But I got muted for 'communication'. And when you look into it, you have to file for a review but it won't tell you what the communication was.

Imagine if the law worked like that. Imagine you're accused and found guilty of a crime all without a trial, and then when you're punished, they don't even tell you what it was you did wrong, so not only can you not fight it, you can't correct the behavior if it was really your fault.

Its completely Kafkaesque, and people should not be a part of it.

There's something new that trolls can do to people these days. All trolls have to do is make inane comments or be annoying by talking endlessly about dumb things, and then get other people in the lobby to tell them to shut up or call them names, and then that troll can report them for communication.

Another scenario: someone is talking like a normal person with friends and they say sh** or something. The troll can then start asking them to please stop swearing because they're offended. This can usually work a charm to goad them into saying shut up/other MicroSoftAbusive language which can be reported.

• MartialWarlock1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also what is the USA’s motto “Freedom of speach” then wtf I have to ask why this is the stupidest thing ever

• MartialWarlock1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree also why would you ban me for cussing someone out if he is stealing my tank I payed for then I’m done you lost a customer I’m switching to PlayStation I don’t care anymore I payed for a new mic and a new controller so I’m selling my Xbox my controller if this lasts for too long my step dad says he got banned for the same thing for 30 DAYS so idk this is messed up

• Jax The Jackal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm having an issue where I'm unable to view my own Profile, or friend's profiles on Xbox.com and the Xbox App. I got a notification saying I've received a suspension from viewing profiles. Doesn't say why, or for how long, and the enforcement.xbox.com doesn't have anything like that listed for me either. What I want to know is what did I do do deserve this and how long will this last?? It's really annoying not being able to view my own account...

• joshbingboom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think of moving to PS4 as well. After all, Xbox has put some peer pressure on me. I can’t handle another suspension.

• GrayishErmine6 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Rated M for a reason.
    Isn't it a law where you can't buy games if under age?
    Sure it the same for playing them..
    If you're old enough to lay old enough to get yelled at.
    This is why everyone is going to PS

• OMG its Gethin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft say they care for there customer witch is lie and I pay £40 a year for gold and I get banned and I thinking of moving PS4 now and also I'm making a complaint agaonat Microsoft

• Timid Vantas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dude I am so confused, I have no active bans but it says I have a communication suspension, so how long is it gonna be before I can use my mic again?

• DANCINGDEVIL66 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

LETS DO A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT.......Who deems words as hate speech, they can claim anything is hate speech......is this really happeneing, i dont play multiplayer, i mind my own business and go about my business.......

• DANCINGDEVIL66 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

THIS IS UNREAL....I GOT A STRIKE FOR MY USER NAME???? AND THEY CHARGED ME $9.99 TO CHANGE IT???? SO PEOPLE CAN FLAG A COMMENT AS UNAPPROPRIATE AND SUSPEND THE PERSON.......WHAT IS GOING ON.....?? WHAT IS THIS

• FoxEsal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same boat as you guys. Playing on a game and someone joins me in game party and starts trolling. I tell them to stop. Then he starts calling me a troll for not letting them do what they want. I get reported and now i'm not able to play multiplayer games. which is just not right as I just pre-paid 2 years of live and pre-orders multiplayer games. My Enforcement page says i have a perfect record.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base