Find ideas related to your Subscriptions or Xbox programs and policies

Clearly state how long a suspension/ban will last

I've got an email saying I've got a communication ban but not for how long. I've been searching though countless forums to see how long it will last but to no avail. The least you could do is tell us how long we can't play for for a service we pay for !!!! Is it that much to ask

760 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

rhysskibb shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
  • A k i z a commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

one of my accounts got permanently banned and now my whole console can't talk in xbox live parties or play multiplayer and i don't have a timeframe of how long this is for or if its permanent xbox enforcement is a joke i would recommend anybody reading this to switch to the playstation 4 or just never buy a microsoft product in general complete disgrace of a company

• N0F1NCLUE commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wow i just got a ban because someone kept killing me in a game for no reason i sent him a message and got a communication ban like almost instantly never had it before but seriously sucks im paying for a service i expect it to be floorless does microsoft not have a profanity filter? If you do why have i been band? If you dont then thats Microsoft's faulty not mine so why punish me? Punish your development team. Only recently switched to xb1 and beginning to think it was a big mistake but then does the support team really care about that i guess not. Feel free to send me a message and prove otherwise and explain why you have put a communitcations ban on me. when you can just have the option to star bad words?

• thunder2diefor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this is so stupid. I have been with xbox for more than 10 years and for the first time I got suspended for saying anything. I probably shouldn't have said it but the same 2 teammates killed me 3 times in a row. They more than deserved it. This really makes me want to switch to ps4. thanks a lot

• GHisKEN commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I got a communication suspension for telling some one To kill them selves. And I got a suspension. I shouldn’t have said that but, he deserved it.
    (This is not a complaint. Just saying what happened to me)

• dave06677 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I’ve been a Xbox member since 2008 and I’ve never been suspended till now one word and I get suspended this is bull crap I’m going to go back to play station the whole Xbox thing is for the birds we pay to play and now there suspending use just remember Xbox and rockstar we don’t have to play your games there plenty of other options out I’ve payed my last 60.00 on a membership card see ya later oh kiss my a??

• MrSnugglezz69 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i just got banned last night for the first time, ive had xbox for 11 years now and not one time was i ever suspended and now i say one thing and i get suspended, such trash, im switching to ps4, smoother gameplay and better titles

• PHOBIA 2k commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If we dont know when our suspension how do we find outhow long we have to wait. It's just not fair to be suspended and not know when the suspension will end

• Pimpinprophecy1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Im sueing you guys for poor customer service and slapping me with a child account as soon as I got an xbox for my birthday, "great birthday by the way thnx to you" can't get rid of it plus constantly updating the BS communication ban so it lasts longer, there is enough disatisfied and accosted people here to send you sprawling out of buisness quick. Keep it up I dare you

• commitedisland commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was suspended till 1/20/2018 10:55:36 PM yesterday. But i'm still suspended today does anyone know why?

• Aries13 of Yor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Best advice about talking with strange player's. DON'T. Just let them run the gums and block. No need to ruin other people's gameplay. We pay for this stuff and they take it away because of nonsense. Don't play into it. Just stay quiet and calm and block. Let them be *** all by themselves.

• Aries13 of Yor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Go to. , then perform a Console Check from.The too green bar, you see why you were banned. When bam took effect and when it will end. Mine ends today at 11:18:23 😂😂😂

• SpitFlame commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah, this banning system is really messed up. I was playing Halo 5, this guy kept team-killing and eventually we lost pretty hard because of him; so I tell the guy off in messages, he reports me first thing, and literally 10 seconds later I'm suspended from messaging or party chats. I can't speak to my friends now because one team-killing jerk pushed me to insults.

Worst part is that I don't even know how long I've been suspended for. Could be a day, could be weeks.

Screw Xbox. They ban people for the pettiest reasons.

• DivertingBoot65 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah, This Is starting to get really bull dude.

I am honestly aware that i use much profanity ALOT, but when i use it against an individual who CLEARLY deserves it...don't ***Ban me!

Lets put this into perspective

So, i go on xbox and usually do this kind of trolling where i go on a game and do some nerd voice and talk about some REALLY COMPLEX ****.

Making individuals think im this amazing super genius and i get some amusing reactions! (NO im not a youtuber i simply do this for fun) But OF COURSE you always get those few guys that call you a Fa**** Nerd For having this different voice.

But im not allowed to tell them they are degenerative inadequate morons incapable of rationalizing any form of relevant knowledge that would allow them to succeed in life? I mean, it 9/10 times happens to be true, if your that pathetic you have to act like that to someone who says "Hello Fellow *** Sapiens!" With a nerd voice than you rest my case.

My point being, im getting com suspended over other sqeakers being the antagonists. They call me anything they desire because of a voice but i get no right to verbally fight back?

Xbox is full of SJW ANTIFA Vginas And im DONE!! Playstation is taking ALL The rest of the money i will EVER spend on games.

Suck it xbox. You just lost a customer and a good one too.

Been loyal for 12 years...

• PancakeDelight commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey, my account has clearly been banned from all voice communication, including party chat. I'm not the type to trash talk through mic or even messages so idk what could have caused it. On top of that Microsoft made no attempt to let me know I was banned through either Xbox Live Messages or my Email, anyone have an idea why or has this happened to them? I'm planning on calling tomorrow but I was curious to see if anyone else has had this problem.

• Uniclaire commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I had an Xbox 360, but switched to PS4. I had the PS4 for about 3 years and decided to get an Xbox One. The first week with Siege and someone who has zero kills decides to send a message saying "are you ***" because I got killed and I have 4 more kills than him. I'm heated and say "no you dumb ***" and then I get a suspension. I tell my friends cause they've had a an Xbox One for awhile and tell me I got reported. I tell them people on the Xbox live have become sensitive as hell. I honestly wished they went to PS4 because none of that crap happens and people just move on.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base