Accounts & Subscriptions

Here you can find ideas and feature requests for anything relating to your Xbox Live subscriptions, memberships on Xbox, Xbox Live Gold benefits, or the Xbox Ambassadors program.

Keep in mind that when you are searching, you are only searching through the Accounts & Subscriptions forum! If you don’t find your idea below, you can search and post it in the New Ideas forum!

Find ideas related to your Subscriptions or Xbox programs and policies

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Gift from Xbox on Your Birthday

Gamers on Xbox should receive a gift on their birthday, You get to choose 1 gift out of 3 "pre selected" gifts, e.g. DLC Discount on a owned game, £5 credit or Discounts on games from favourite publisher

[Mod edit: This idea was combined with similar posts from AjarSkydiver940+ and LGXfixer, who listed additional examples of the types of gifts that might be offered. Thanks, everyone!]

10,392 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

256 comments  ·  Microsoft Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Free Gamertag Change

The option to be able to change your gamertag for free. Maybe implement a rule that you can only change it a certain amount of times in a year.

[Mod edit: This idea was merged with a similar post from Stickytack46. Thanks, everyone!]

8,257 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

444 comments  ·  Gamertags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Use our Microsoft Money to buy Xbox Live

Let us use our money in our Microsoft Accounts to pay for Xbox Live. I have £30 in my account and I can't use it to buy Xbox Live which is ridiculous.

6,940 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

841 comments  ·  Live Gold  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Games with Gold Free DLC

How about letting games with gold allow free dlc for the free game of the month? I am not saying make all the dlc free, but one would suffice.

6,932 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

38 comments  ·  Games & Deals With Gold  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Make Multiplayer Free!

Make the multiplayer part of Xbox Live free, as it is on PC!

[Mod edit: This idea was merged with a similar post from nastynyce757jr1. Thanks, everyone!]

6,893 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

659 comments  ·  Live Gold  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Original Xbox games re-released on Games With Gold

The Games With Gold section on the XBOX One hasn't delivered what a lot of people expected. For instance the Poolnation game that is up for 3 months is really diminishing the incredible opportunities this program could have. Why not re-release some good ol' classics from the original XBOX? I'm not even talking about HD versions(of course this would be awesome) , just the raw material will satisfy the most.

6,402 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

118 comments  ·  Games & Deals With Gold  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Appreciation for Xbox Live Gold Veterans

I have been a member of Xbox Live Gold since 2003. I would like for there to be some sort of added perks for me because of my long tenure. The number is there for a reason right?

[Mod edit: This idea was merged with a similar post from Corrog6154. Thanks, everyone!]

5,316 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

106 comments  ·  Rewards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Family Game Sharing (Multiple Home Consoles on the same network)

Right now having multiple Xbox Ones in the house is not a good experience since every member in the house needs to buy their own games. If I buy a digital game I can play it on any Xbox One in the house but my family members can only play that game on the Home Xbox One.

Like Apple's family app sharing, members of your family members that are tied into your credit card with permission should be able to buy a game or app for your family's home game library.

As a fan of digital game downloads as apposed…

5,230 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

290 comments  ·  Live Gold  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Gamertags! Allow them to expire like domains & give them back to active players

So many grab all the gamertags and there are millions that aren't in use anymore. Why not take those back and release them again. Allow us to pay for 1 year of 5 years of that gamertag. If a gamertag is offline for a certain amount of time, let it expire and give it to the gamers that are actually gaming. I can't get "Blueprint" and have to hear how I spelled it wrong. I'm sure many other users would love a great gt or have similiar wants? :)

5,102 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

619 comments  ·  Gamertags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. More Opportunities to Earn Xbox Rewards

More value to using Xbox Rewards, maybe give more for getting a certain difficult achievement in a game or reaching a certain level/completing a game. Give us more ways to earn Xbox Reward credits/points by actually playing the game.
    Also implement an Xbox Rewards app! :D

4,667 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Rewards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Earn Xbox Rewards Points by Unlocking Achievements

Make Achievements apart of the rewards program. For each you unlock you get 1 rewards credit, so if a game has 40 unlockable achievements you could earn 40 rewards credits for that game. This encourages people to keep their games longer instead of trading them in. Perhaps this program could be sponsored by the publishers letting them decide if a game will have this available and if so publishers could include this opp in their game marketing. call the program "Kickback" with an image of a green boot for use on the back box cover.

4,601 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

84 comments  ·  Rewards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Annual rewards for consecutive Gold members

We as faithfull gamers buy gold year after year with no reward I think the years we put in should be celebrated and given some sort of
    reward free game,music,movie or money.

3,674 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

50 comments  ·  Rewards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 3,387 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1780 comments  ·  Live Region Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Day One Edition Badge

We need a badge on our profile (near tenure) for Day One owners, the achievement is buried and no one sees it. I understand badges are "normally" for employees only, but that's the point of this suggestion. A little extra nod to those that were early adopters would be greatly appreciated.

3,089 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

94 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Family Timer that Enables Play Limitations for Child Accounts

Add the family timer like there is on the 360. I have children and like the ability to control the amount of play time they have.

2,931 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

993 comments  ·  Microsoft Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow For More Than One Home Console For Xbox One

As it is right now, I won't be buying a second XB1 for upstairs since I would need to buy a second gold membership. Please come up with a way for one membership to cover my household. I'm fine with some sort of validation to ensure I'm not stealing benefits, perhaps give the option to opt in on always being connected to the internet for verification purposes.

2,918 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

324 comments  ·  Microsoft Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Give away 1 free album, 1 free game and 1 free movie every month with Gold membership

One free album, one free movie and one free game, every month. Make this the total entertainment package.

2,683 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  Live Gold  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Don't make XBL Gold members watch ads!

We pay money for a premium experience yet we're still being monetized... something isn't right

2,584 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Live Gold  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Make Xbox Live Gold like $5-$10 cheaper for older users

make xbox live cheaper for users that have accounts that have had gold for at least a year overall

2,128 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Rewards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Day One Edition + Live Loyalty Recognition/Reward/Program

Not only should their be an priority for preview program, but you guys should have the unit number or serial number of all the "Day One Edition' owner are, that you can really give a better experience to the long time Xbox loyalist. I myself sometime feel slated as a long time supporter and fan. I been with Xbox sense the original Xbox release. I've always gotten the systems on day one, but theirs never is, nor seem to be any real separation in buying day one or the later purchasers. It would be nice if all the "Day One…

2,125 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

43 comments  ·  Rewards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13
  • Don't see your idea?

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base