Ideas for managing friends, parties, messaging and other social experiences.

Enable Chat between Xbox 360 and Xbox One players

Actually it's possible to chat with other people on Xbox 360 when I'm playing on Xbox One. It will be great to do that.

[Mod Edit: This idea was merged with similar ideas posted by ElseSiren72, SavedDemo and KillerKnight81. Thanks everyone!]

6,209 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
SnakeXSnakeX shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Sykotic91Sykotic91 shared a merged idea: Cross Console Chat  ·   · 
PursuantHail7PursuantHail7 shared a merged idea: Xbox one should be able to chat to Xbox 360 users  ·   · 
FadingAway90FadingAway90 shared a merged idea: xbox 360 and xbox one party  ·   · 
An Angel AblazeAn Angel Ablaze shared a merged idea: Multiplayer and communication between Xbox 360 & One users.  ·   · 
TheDevilsAbyssTheDevilsAbyss shared a merged idea: xbox 360 cross platform with xbox one  ·   · 
New SampaioNew Sampaio shared a merged idea: compatibilidade de grupo entre Xbox 360 e one  ·   · 
REALITYWARR10RREALITYWARR10R shared a merged idea: Cross platform party chat  ·   · 
Death by MintDeath by Mint shared a merged idea: Xbox 360, and Xbox One party compatability!!  ·   · 
SeekNDstroy69SeekNDstroy69 shared a merged idea: Xbox one and Xbox 360 should be able to chat  ·   · 
WhisperyBison64WhisperyBison64 shared a merged idea: Add cross comunication between Xbox 360 and Xbox 1 players  ·   · 
ElseSiren72ElseSiren72 shared a merged idea: Make chat between platforms possible.  ·   · 
Douglas Sjrp BrDouglas Sjrp Br shared a merged idea: A xbox deveria unir o xbox one com o xbox 360 atraves de bate papo de grupo e tambem atraves da retrocompatibilidade  ·   · 
sensoryfire1988sensoryfire1988 shared a merged idea: Xboxone and xbox360 parties  ·   · 
CraftierWharf2CraftierWharf2 shared a merged idea: Allow live chat between Xbox 360 and Xbox One players  ·   · 
UR NIKES FUGAZIUR NIKES FUGAZI shared a merged idea: Please Xbox developers let us have chat parties with Xbox 360. We still have friends on 360.  ·   · 
Stephen A SmiffStephen A Smiff shared a merged idea: Xbox One and Xbox 360 Party Chat Cross Platform Parties!  ·   · 
RigoIsRoyalty01RigoIsRoyalty01 shared a merged idea: Xbox One and Xbox 360 Friends to interact morek  ·   · 
Ezo BroEzo Bro shared a merged idea: Enable cross party chat between Xbox 360 and Xbox One consoles  ·   · 
CrackShot90CrackShot90 shared a merged idea: crossover chats  ·   · 
A SP000NA SP000N shared a merged idea: cross network party chat  ·   · 
MACK MADE 80MACK MADE 80 shared a merged idea: chat between xbox one and 360  ·   · 
FaZePLATINUM HDFaZePLATINUM HD shared a merged idea: we need to be able to party chat and send voice mesages across platforms  ·   · 
GatMachineGatMachine shared a merged idea: I think we should be able to, if you have an xbox one you should be able to game and chat with people who have an xbox 360  ·   · 
GatMachineGatMachine shared a merged idea: I think we should be able to, if you have an xbox one you should be able to game and chat with people who have an xbox 360  ·   · 
i said ur welli said ur well shared a merged idea: 360 and one party chat  ·   · 
Ben10 SpyderBen10 Spyder shared a merged idea: conversar em grupo entre xbox one e  ·   · 
JakxAtakJakxAtak shared a merged idea: party chat btwn x1 & x360  ·   · 
Wolf5020Wolf5020 shared a merged idea: would likke to have xbox one frends and xbox 360 to be in the same party o just hang with and chat with  ·   · 
YgZ28YgZ28 shared a merged idea: Cross platform party chat  ·   · 
brittbrat0205brittbrat0205 shared a merged idea: I got a xbox one the only back part is I want to talk to my friends from my old console the 360. I want them to at least be  ·   · 
FluroantimonicFluroantimonic shared a merged idea: make it so Xbox one partys can join and talk wit Xbox 360 partys  ·   · 
greypaygreypay shared a merged idea: xbox one party chat with xbox 360  ·   · 
voche93voche93 shared a merged idea: Xbox one and 360 parties  ·   · 
ShadowsWrath336ShadowsWrath336 shared a merged idea: Allow Xbox one users to party chat with 360 users  ·   · 
BaRzAn14BaRzAn14 shared a merged idea: the ability to invite and communicate with xbox 360 players using the party app  ·   · 
Ginty TMGinty TM shared a merged idea: Have cross platform chat XBoxOne to XBox360  ·   · 
XxANDREWSxXXxANDREWSxX shared a merged idea: Talk to people over Both consoles! (XB1/X360)  ·   · 
Sc0ttish Kn1ghtSc0ttish Kn1ght shared a merged idea: Xbox 360 to Xbox one party chat  ·   · 
zHoK xFuRiOuSxzHoK xFuRiOuSx shared a merged idea: Group chat with the Xbox 360  ·   · 
LeucutisLeucutis shared a merged idea: Communication Breakdown  ·   · 
Darth Malgus183Darth Malgus183 shared a merged idea: xbox live partys from xbox one to xbox 360 one party for 2 consoles  ·   · 
N1m Ph0N1m Ph0 shared a merged idea: Audio Message/Messages/Chat  ·   · 
CutOnDime25CutOnDime25 shared a merged idea: Cross Platform Chat  ·   · 
G3ttiN SliZzardG3ttiN SliZzard shared a merged idea: cross chat, x1 and 360  ·   · 
Triforce16Triforce16 shared a merged idea: Cross chat between 360 and One  ·   · 
Silver305Silver305 shared a merged idea: Being able to cross party chat from Xbox360 to XboxOne  ·   · 
KillerKnight81KillerKnight81 shared a merged idea: Cross console chat  ·   · 
Vanni951Vanni951 shared a merged idea: Allow cross party chat between Xbox One and Xbox 360  ·   · 
ZzROnBurgundYzZZzROnBurgundYzZ shared a merged idea: Cross-platform Party chat  ·   · 
REAL MEXICAN87REAL MEXICAN87 shared a merged idea: please let us talk to people from Xbox 360  ·   · 
AwestruckGem80AwestruckGem80 shared a merged idea: Ability to invite gamers on xbox 360 to a xbox one party  ·   · 
MilkYMoOneRMilkYMoOneR shared a merged idea: Let Xbox One users voicechat with Xbox 360 users, and vice versa.  ·   · 
SG CaRnaGExxSG CaRnaGExx shared a merged idea: Friends & Parties  ·   · 
XxHarveyRxXXxHarveyRxX shared a merged idea: Enable Party between Xbox 360 and Xbox One players  ·   · 
Evo FireEvo Fire shared a merged idea: Enable cross-platform Voice Messaging and Party chat  ·   · 
xBlACkOUT687xxBlACkOUT687x shared a merged idea: cross platform chat  ·   · 
danielrust10danielrust10 shared a merged idea: bring party chat to connect between xbox 360 and the one  ·   · 
YoshiApocalypseYoshiApocalypse shared a merged idea: Chat with people on the xbox 360 and the xbox one and Cross play  ·   · 
UnknownBear471UnknownBear471 shared a merged idea: Party  ·   · 
sargent sotosargent soto shared a merged idea: let xbox one users chat with xbox 360 users  ·   · 
gamer030385gamer030385 shared a merged idea: Xbox One Party Chat Compatibility with Xbox 360 Party Chat and Voice Messages  ·   · 
gta58640gta58640 shared a merged idea: chat and play with money players xbox 360 xbox from one  ·   · 
DrakenAssassinDrakenAssassin shared a merged idea: Bring the old on the new.  ·   · 
OxThe KaiserOxThe Kaiser shared a merged idea: Crosschat Xbox360-XboxOne  ·   · 
sargent sotosargent soto shared a merged idea: Party options  ·   · 
Geoff900Geoff900 shared a merged idea: Xbox One cross chat  ·   · 
MrBuZzLightYearMrBuZzLightYear shared a merged idea: Want voice messages and to party chat with my friends on 360  ·   · 
DyukillerDyukiller shared a merged idea: Chat Between Generations. 360 / ONE  ·   · 
iNeOnZ BlAdEzZiNeOnZ BlAdEzZ shared a merged idea: Cross-Platform Chat  ·   · 
st0rmtrooper95st0rmtrooper95 shared a merged idea: Cross Xbox Live Party  ·   · 
chriskater69chriskater69 shared a merged idea: xbox live ideas  ·   · 
Carlos MeisCarlos Meis shared a merged idea: Chat and party between xbox 360 and xbox one and backward compatibility with xbox 360 games.  ·   · 
Marines078Marines078 shared a merged idea: I know it's a different system because of platform compatibility but to begin chatting between users and Xbox 360 Xbox one, giving you the c  ·   · 
ShayrukenShayruken shared a merged idea: Cross Party Chat for Xbox 360/One  ·   · 
SavedDemoSavedDemo shared a merged idea: Allow voice chat and party with 360 users on the One.  ·   · 

201 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • NightRaydeNightRayde commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I miss my old friends and what better way to keep in touch and entice them to upgrade with the functionality to speak to them in the console. Come on Xbox get it sorted!!!!!

• Mr BahamanMr Bahaman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Now you can send voice messages between consoles the push should be toward cross platform chat on dedicated servers. With Skype intergration anything is possible.

• Stani2505Stani2505 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That would be a great idea, I have friends who do not wish to purchase an Xbox one and it would be great to be in a party with them.

• OhStudiosOhStudios commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I purchased an XboxOne for my son this past Xmas (actually Santa brought it). I have been gaming since "Pong" having owned NES, Sega, Atari and even 3DO (I still have a $63 receipt for a game I bought in the early 90s). My point is I'm not new to video gaming. That said I am appalled at what Microsoft has done with the Xbox One. In this era of immediate gratification, some MORON decided it was ok to make people WAIT. WAIT. WAIT. Let me write that again: WAIT for a game to download before the game could be played. So I just bought this game at the mall, came home and now my 9 year-old has to wait. To make matters worse this MORON based this decision on HIS/HER download speed, which at corporate headquarters must be real fast and even if you live an hour away from THERE it's probably still fast. Did this MORON realize his audience is WORLDWIDE?!?!? Who hired this person?!?!? Please fire him/her and retrain this person! (I'm a recent law grad so I'm available, and definitely smarter than this MORON). Of course if, after your kid has complained/cried that he couldn't play his game, you did a Google search you would find that you should go offline and install. Wow...wow. Ok, so there's a new paradigm. Now you have to stay offline, install, play, and then install the update overnight. I'm living with that. But then, as if that's not bad enough, all of a sudden, I decide after finishing my bar exam I wanna play PvZ Garden Warfare with my kid. So he invites me to a party from his XboxOne to my Xbox 360 (i had the 360 on disc, we borrow the XOne from library). Well, enough has been said about that so I won't go there. Xbox is not getting any more money from me. My kids are as impressionable as any kid. I will make sure they don't get taken advantaged of by MORONs. Fix yourself, please.

• Ezo BroEzo Bro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is worthy because especially for those who live in same home as others but different rooms and can't hear each other talking but both or all have Xbox 360s and Xbox Ones instead of all the same consoles or their friends from any where they can't have conversations with each other from their consoles only with the ones on the same console even while playing online cross platform multiplayer.

• BaddpigBaddpig commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Using your Xbox 360 via the HDMI input/TV App on Xbox One can become cumbersome. Especially when it comes to Gaming Headsets. Backwords compatibility party chat would make all the self bought adapters go away. Most Xbox One user still use their 360. Why not try to intigrate something that allows them to work together.

• OrangeMarmot713OrangeMarmot713 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love this, all my friends have Xbox 360 and I want to talk to them when they're online and catch up on whats happened in their life instead of using my phone or other apps, since I'm always on my Xbox One.

• GiveitsomedeathGiveitsomedeath commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Plugging in my Xbox one on launch day at the very least I expected the features I was used to enjoying on my 360. USB support and video support has since been added but the lack of cross chat support between consoles is so sad. I can even see my friends playing on 360 together, a step further I can even invite them to chat in a party, only to be left sitting alone in my party as the invite doesn't go through their end!!! It doesn't even tell you. My experience of Xbox one gaming is lonely. This needs to be added so we can convince our friends to come across!!!

• Pops40KPops40K commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I got an xbox one for Christmas an thus far have barely used it for anything other than Netflix and my cable runs through it. When I play games, unless it's an extremely story driven game that I need to play close attention to, I am almost always in party chat.

Few of my friends have a One and the friends I'm usually in chat with are on 360. End result is I'm still using the 360 almost exclusively for gaming and I haven't gotten a game for the One that wasn't games with gold or bundled with the system.

• xDirty RaTxDirty RaT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't need this option. Most 360 users are broke and can't afford an Xbox one even though the prices have been dropped. And honestly I deleted all my 360 friends since we have no use for them.so this is a useless option

← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11

Feedback and Knowledge Base