Ideas for managing friends, parties, messaging and other social experiences.

Enable Chat between Xbox 360 and Xbox One players

Actually it's possible to chat with other people on Xbox 360 when I'm playing on Xbox One. It will be great to do that.

[Mod Edit: This idea was merged with similar ideas posted by ElseSiren72, SavedDemo and KillerKnight81. Thanks everyone!]

6,486 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
SnakeXSnakeX shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
EllejeeEllejee shared a merged idea: Allow party chat between Xbox one and the 360  ·   · 
conejinpeopleconejinpeople shared a merged idea: Xbox live party between xbox one and 360!  ·   · 
conejinpeopleconejinpeople shared a merged idea: Xbox live party between xbox 360 and xbox one!!!  ·   · 
NuclearTom47NuclearTom47 shared a merged idea: Voice Chat W/ 360 Players  ·   · 
Lace Up TBHLace Up TBH shared a merged idea: Make to where we can invtie xbox 360 users to a xbox one party  ·   · 
BigCountry6971BigCountry6971 shared a merged idea: partying with the 360  ·   · 
ca11 of ha1o 14ca11 of ha1o 14 shared a merged idea: xbox one partys join xbox 360 party  ·   · 
DiamondMinerFTWDiamondMinerFTW shared a merged idea: Allow Xbox One Owners To Party Chat Friends On Xbox 360  ·   · 
Lace Up TBHLace Up TBH shared a merged idea: make it so xbox one users can invite xbox 360 users to partys  ·   · 
Lace Up TBHLace Up TBH shared a merged idea: Make It To Where Xbox One Users Can Invite Xbox 360 Owners To Partys  ·   · 
WisconsinGuyWisconsinGuy shared a merged idea: cross party chat though xbox 360 and xbox one  ·   · 
Sykotic91Sykotic91 shared a merged idea: Cross Console Chat  ·   · 
PursuantHail7PursuantHail7 shared a merged idea: Xbox one should be able to chat to Xbox 360 users  ·   · 
FadingAway90FadingAway90 shared a merged idea: xbox 360 and xbox one party  ·   · 
An Angel AblazeAn Angel Ablaze shared a merged idea: Multiplayer and communication between Xbox 360 & One users.  ·   · 
TheDevilsAbyssTheDevilsAbyss shared a merged idea: xbox 360 cross platform with xbox one  ·   · 
New SampaioNew Sampaio shared a merged idea: compatibilidade de grupo entre Xbox 360 e one  ·   · 
REALITYWARR10RREALITYWARR10R shared a merged idea: Cross platform party chat  ·   · 
Death by MintDeath by Mint shared a merged idea: Xbox 360, and Xbox One party compatability!!  ·   · 
SeekNDstroy69SeekNDstroy69 shared a merged idea: Xbox one and Xbox 360 should be able to chat  ·   · 
WhisperyBison64WhisperyBison64 shared a merged idea: Add cross comunication between Xbox 360 and Xbox 1 players  ·   · 
ElseSiren72ElseSiren72 shared a merged idea: Make chat between platforms possible.  ·   · 
Douglas Sjrp BrDouglas Sjrp Br shared a merged idea: A xbox deveria unir o xbox one com o xbox 360 atraves de bate papo de grupo e tambem atraves da retrocompatibilidade  ·   · 
sensoryfire1988sensoryfire1988 shared a merged idea: Xboxone and xbox360 parties  ·   · 
CraftierWharf2CraftierWharf2 shared a merged idea: Allow live chat between Xbox 360 and Xbox One players  ·   · 
UR NIKES FUGAZIUR NIKES FUGAZI shared a merged idea: Please Xbox developers let us have chat parties with Xbox 360. We still have friends on 360.  ·   · 
Stephen A SmiffStephen A Smiff shared a merged idea: Xbox One and Xbox 360 Party Chat Cross Platform Parties!  ·   · 
RigoIsRoyalty01RigoIsRoyalty01 shared a merged idea: Xbox One and Xbox 360 Friends to interact morek  ·   · 
Ezo BroEzo Bro shared a merged idea: Enable cross party chat between Xbox 360 and Xbox One consoles  ·   · 
CrackShot90CrackShot90 shared a merged idea: crossover chats  ·   · 
A SP000NA SP000N shared a merged idea: cross network party chat  ·   · 
MACK MADE 80MACK MADE 80 shared a merged idea: chat between xbox one and 360  ·   · 
FaZePLATINUM HDFaZePLATINUM HD shared a merged idea: we need to be able to party chat and send voice mesages across platforms  ·   · 
GatMachineGatMachine shared a merged idea: I think we should be able to, if you have an xbox one you should be able to game and chat with people who have an xbox 360  ·   · 
GatMachineGatMachine shared a merged idea: I think we should be able to, if you have an xbox one you should be able to game and chat with people who have an xbox 360  ·   · 
i said ur welli said ur well shared a merged idea: 360 and one party chat  ·   · 
Ben10 SpyderBen10 Spyder shared a merged idea: conversar em grupo entre xbox one e  ·   · 
JakxAtakJakxAtak shared a merged idea: party chat btwn x1 & x360  ·   · 
Wolf5020Wolf5020 shared a merged idea: would likke to have xbox one frends and xbox 360 to be in the same party o just hang with and chat with  ·   · 
YgZ28YgZ28 shared a merged idea: Cross platform party chat  ·   · 
brittbrat0205brittbrat0205 shared a merged idea: I got a xbox one the only back part is I want to talk to my friends from my old console the 360. I want them to at least be  ·   · 
FluroantimonicFluroantimonic shared a merged idea: make it so Xbox one partys can join and talk wit Xbox 360 partys  ·   · 
greypaygreypay shared a merged idea: xbox one party chat with xbox 360  ·   · 
voche93voche93 shared a merged idea: Xbox one and 360 parties  ·   · 
ShadowsWrath336ShadowsWrath336 shared a merged idea: Allow Xbox one users to party chat with 360 users  ·   · 
BaRzAn14BaRzAn14 shared a merged idea: the ability to invite and communicate with xbox 360 players using the party app  ·   · 
Ginty TMGinty TM shared a merged idea: Have cross platform chat XBoxOne to XBox360  ·   · 
XxANDREWSxXXxANDREWSxX shared a merged idea: Talk to people over Both consoles! (XB1/X360)  ·   · 
Sc0ttish Kn1ghtSc0ttish Kn1ght shared a merged idea: Xbox 360 to Xbox one party chat  ·   · 
zHoK xFuRiOuSxzHoK xFuRiOuSx shared a merged idea: Group chat with the Xbox 360  ·   · 
LeucutisLeucutis shared a merged idea: Communication Breakdown  ·   · 
Darth Malgus183Darth Malgus183 shared a merged idea: xbox live partys from xbox one to xbox 360 one party for 2 consoles  ·   · 
N1m Ph0N1m Ph0 shared a merged idea: Audio Message/Messages/Chat  ·   · 
CutOnDime25CutOnDime25 shared a merged idea: Cross Platform Chat  ·   · 
G3ttiN SliZzardG3ttiN SliZzard shared a merged idea: cross chat, x1 and 360  ·   · 
Triforce16Triforce16 shared a merged idea: Cross chat between 360 and One  ·   · 
Silver305Silver305 shared a merged idea: Being able to cross party chat from Xbox360 to XboxOne  ·   · 
KillerKnight81KillerKnight81 shared a merged idea: Cross console chat  ·   · 
Vanni951Vanni951 shared a merged idea: Allow cross party chat between Xbox One and Xbox 360  ·   · 
ZzROnBurgundYzZZzROnBurgundYzZ shared a merged idea: Cross-platform Party chat  ·   · 
REAL MEXICAN87REAL MEXICAN87 shared a merged idea: please let us talk to people from Xbox 360  ·   · 
AwestruckGem80AwestruckGem80 shared a merged idea: Ability to invite gamers on xbox 360 to a xbox one party  ·   · 
MilkYMoOneRMilkYMoOneR shared a merged idea: Let Xbox One users voicechat with Xbox 360 users, and vice versa.  ·   · 
SG CaRnaGExxSG CaRnaGExx shared a merged idea: Friends & Parties  ·   · 
XxHarveyRxXXxHarveyRxX shared a merged idea: Enable Party between Xbox 360 and Xbox One players  ·   · 
Evo FireEvo Fire shared a merged idea: Enable cross-platform Voice Messaging and Party chat  ·   · 
xBlACkOUT687xxBlACkOUT687x shared a merged idea: cross platform chat  ·   · 
danielrust10danielrust10 shared a merged idea: bring party chat to connect between xbox 360 and the one  ·   · 
YoshiApocalypseYoshiApocalypse shared a merged idea: Chat with people on the xbox 360 and the xbox one and Cross play  ·   · 
UnknownBear471UnknownBear471 shared a merged idea: Party  ·   · 
sargent sotosargent soto shared a merged idea: let xbox one users chat with xbox 360 users  ·   · 
gamer030385gamer030385 shared a merged idea: Xbox One Party Chat Compatibility with Xbox 360 Party Chat and Voice Messages  ·   · 
gta58640gta58640 shared a merged idea: chat and play with money players xbox 360 xbox from one  ·   · 
DrakenAssassinDrakenAssassin shared a merged idea: Bring the old on the new.  ·   · 
OxThe KaiserOxThe Kaiser shared a merged idea: Crosschat Xbox360-XboxOne  ·   · 
sargent sotosargent soto shared a merged idea: Party options  ·   · 
Geoff900Geoff900 shared a merged idea: Xbox One cross chat  ·   · 
MrBuZzLightYearMrBuZzLightYear shared a merged idea: Want voice messages and to party chat with my friends on 360  ·   · 
DyukillerDyukiller shared a merged idea: Chat Between Generations. 360 / ONE  ·   · 
iNeOnZ BlAdEzZiNeOnZ BlAdEzZ shared a merged idea: Cross-Platform Chat  ·   · 
st0rmtrooper95st0rmtrooper95 shared a merged idea: Cross Xbox Live Party  ·   · 
chriskater69chriskater69 shared a merged idea: xbox live ideas  ·   · 
Carlos MeisCarlos Meis shared a merged idea: Chat and party between xbox 360 and xbox one and backward compatibility with xbox 360 games.  ·   · 
Marines078Marines078 shared a merged idea: I know it's a different system because of platform compatibility but to begin chatting between users and Xbox 360 Xbox one, giving you the c  ·   · 
ShayrukenShayruken shared a merged idea: Cross Party Chat for Xbox 360/One  ·   · 
SavedDemoSavedDemo shared a merged idea: Allow voice chat and party with 360 users on the One.  ·   · 

224 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • xI CRY 4 WAR IxxI CRY 4 WAR Ix commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I miss not being able to talk to my friends whilst enjoying my games. Most of my friends still have xbox 360 and me not being a fan of social media, I wish I could talk to my friends through xbox one!

• XGC AzNeMeSiS88XGC AzNeMeSiS88 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This needs to happen, although it's been more than a year since the Xbox one has launched alot of my friends are still on the xbox 360. It would be nice to be in party chat with them while I game.

• NarutoVsIchigo1NarutoVsIchigo1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree. Most of my friends converted to Xbox One, so it's impossible for me to play with them unless this happens.

• InfernalDrifterInfernalDrifter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was extremely reluctant to switch from 360 to Xbox one. I finally bout a Xbox one but didn't switch till a year after I bought it. I really enjoy the Xbox one now and I think with cross platform chat switching users could entice old friends to switch also.

• hellaGRAMZhellaGRAMZ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yea i still have alot of friends on the 360, and psp users can chat with ps4 users ... we gotta do better lets goooo

• MillionGamerMillionGamer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes im sure it possible because we can now pretty soon send voice message to Xbox 360 users while im playing on my Xbox One or vice versa.

:)

• TheIrishBreadTheIrishBread commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this would be a good idea mainly because then xbox one users could entice some more reluctant 360 users to switch over but still be able to talk through the transition

• WH1TEMARINEWH1TEMARINE commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I play a lot of pc games so being able to party chat with xbox one would be the best feature you could add. Maybe add the feature to smart glass or a new program entirely but having to have the console on just to talk is annoying and a waste of electricity. I know there's skype but why should they have to use skype just for one person.

• TheDad1982TheDad1982 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So today I gave my son my old 360 for his birthday along with a new controller, titanfall and a year of live. The goal was to party play titanfall. Guess I should have researched to verify basic functions worked across platforms. I don't care if it sounds like a 90's cell phone call. The feature is so basic (Skype) I can't believe it's not here.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12

Feedback and Knowledge Base